• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Left (politically)?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No, they didn't win as for a majority and it has nothing to do with Macron being president as that is another part of the French system.

In fact I didn't say it dealt with a presidential election.
But another politician would have resigned instead of being in a cohabitation with a Left that has nothing to do with that horrific elitist ideology Macron stands for.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well, in a democratic system, if the people vote someone out, they gotta go. But even that can get complicated when there's so many people out there making allegations about voter fraud and crooked elections. Theoretically, both sides may agree that the government should faithfully carry out the "will of the people," but nobody is ever really quite sure what the "will of the people" actually is at any given moment.

And even then, in practice, a lot of leaders don't seem to care much about what the people actually want, as much as they try to persuade people what they need or what they should want. Some might even develop a messianic complex where they decide that they know what's best for the people, even if they don't want it.
We are speaking of a man who married his high school teacher.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly I think that the French electoral system is the most shady, the most fraudulent in all of Europe.
They need two elections...which already gives more time to deceive.

Ours is very transparent. Whoever gets the majority of votes, becomes Prime Minister.

I have found reason to question the ways and means of democracy and elections, but on the other hand, I recognize that there is no "perfect" system out there. What we have is what we have. My only real complaint is when people try to make it out to be larger than life and try to work it into some grand crusade and global struggle against evil.

I don't see where supporting a democratic form of government should mean signing on to some kind of epic world-wide struggle of "good vs. evil."

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have found reason to question the ways and means of democracy and elections, but on the other hand, I recognize that there is no "perfect" system out there. What we have is what we have. My only real complaint is when people try to make it out to be larger than life and try to work it into some grand crusade and global struggle against evil.

I don't see where supporting a democratic form of government should mean signing on to some kind of epic world-wide struggle of "good vs. evil."
I think that what we can all agree on is that war is evil.

But what is even more evil is that there are politicians who love war and want to normalize it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not worth it if it means you can't protest the state amd don't get to have free, fair and open elections.

Are you serious?
So it is better a person dies because the money-hungry physicians want thousands of dollars to cure them?

I am speechless.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that what we can all agree on is that war is evil.

But what is even more evil is that there are politicians who love war and want to normalize it.

Through much of human history, politicians have loved war and normalized it. But at least in the past, they were honest about it. Nowadays, they try to make it appear as if it's something else. They try to make it appear like they're more noble and enlightened than politicians were 100 or 1000 years ago.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Through much of human history, politicians have loved war and normalized it. But at least in the past, they were honest about it. Nowadays, they try to make it appear as if it's something else. They try to make it appear like they're more noble and enlightened than politicians were 100 or 1000 years ago.
Standing ovation.

Yes...their phoniness is unbearable.
Pushing for war, while pretending to be a saint.