• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the true religion

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
The true religion is a personal system and philosophy which doesn't make us break our own ideals and which motivates us to be better human beings. Both in terms of productivity and compassion.
If your religion doesn't motivate you to ask: 'Am I a better person than I was a year before?' or 'Am I in a better place?', then you need to ask yourself why do you keep following the dogma that you do.

That is of course just my humble opinion.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The true religion is the one you follow because it has meaning for you. "There is one truth, the wise know it by many names." - Rig Veda.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't think there is an acceptable answer to that question. Either a person will sound arrogant or a person will sound presumptuous. Neither one is very appealing. Belief in God and religion, the way I see it, are two separate things. You can have religion with no God and you can have God with no religion- but that is a whole other discussion.

Suffice it to say that I believe that God alone knows what the true religion is.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The true religion is a personal system and philosophy which doesn't make us break our own ideals and which motivates us to be better human beings. Both in terms of productivity and compassion.
If your religion doesn't motivate you to ask: 'Am I a better person than I was a year before?' or 'Am I in a better place?', then you need to ask yourself why do you keep following the dogma that you do.

That is of course just my humble opinion.

This is good! And I might add that being a better human being will undoubtedly cause the people around you to be contented people too, some of the time. When everyone is happy most of the time, you will know your religion is true.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The true religion is adherence to seeking knowledge and improving oneself, society, and the world.

Otherwise, what is true art? I see no difference between this question and to asking for the true religion.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
The true religion is adherence to seeking knowledge and improving oneself

I agree with you up until here. The rest I'm not really concerned with, personally. I think if everyone focuses on self-realization, society and the world as a whole will do better naturally.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've heard it said all religions are lies, but some of the lies are more fruitful than others.

arthra

Baha'i
Well in my view there's one religion of God down through the ages.. Yes it has had various guises and social settings and varied tongues..but in essence one religion.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
The true religion is the one that best suits you. Often times you can deny it or feel unsure of it like I do. But if you close the door behind yourself and become intoxicated by it you may love it.

I cannot say I found the true religion but I can say I have found the most perfect. I am trying to work with it and trying to resolve my issues with it. Thankfully it is going extremely well now.
Religion should always remain one's personal understanding of God not one's blind faith in a god.

captainbryce

Looking to hear opinions from you guys. Ready, Set, GO!
1) The true religion is the one that declares what is "good" and "right" to be self-evident.

2) The true religion is the one that discriminates between good and evil.

3) The true religion is the one that seeks to overcome evil with good.

4) The true religion is the one promotes the best, ultimate outcome for all "good" people.

5) The true religion is the one that requires helping and giving freely to others when in need.

6) The true religion is the one that demands open-mindedness, humility, compassion, empathy and reason.

7) The true religion is the one that rejects hypocrisy, injustice, selfishness, and the abuse or neglect of others.

8) The true religion is the one which challenges the believer to continually question the validity of their own beliefs.

9) The true religion is the one which establishes a moral compass for the believer.

10) The true religion is the one which grants a sense of purpose, clarity and peace to the believer.

captainbryce

Atheistic Satanism is an oxymoron like Atheistic Theism :biglaugh:
LaVeyan Satanism is a philosophy (not considered a religion by many of its followers) founded in 1966 by Anton Szandor LaVey. Its teachings are based on individualism, epicureanism, and "eye for an eye" morality. Unlike theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists are atheists who regard Satan as a symbol of man's inherent nature. According to religioustolerance.org, LaVeyan Satanism is a "small religious group that is unrelated to any other faith, and whose members feel free to satisfy their urges responsibly, exhibit kindness to their friends, and attack their enemies". Its beliefs were first detailed in The Satanic Bible and it is overseen by the Church of Satan.

The Symbolic Satanist views Satan as a fictional, mental/mythic archetype, and admire the character as the "Adversary" or the "Light-bringer".

Satanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia