• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the true religion

The one true world religion
Well it's obvious can't you see

It is love and acceptance
It is you and me

We agree on so much already
Yet have to much to learn

And, yes, there are a few bad ideas
To metaphorically burn

There are no objects to worship
Of worship there are many

They help us and guide us
Holding our collective memories

Coexisting is close to missing
The most breathtaking of things

That all is one and one is all
When one accepts the truths they bring

Enai de a lukal

There is no difference between good and evil.
Um... That sort of contradicts this-
The only thing that separates the two is individual opinion.

You may think that this is not a SIGNIFICANT difference- to be sure, this is not the difference which most people assume exists between good and evil (i.e. some objective fact of the matter); but this is still a difference between the two... And this isn't an entirely accurate statement anyways; besides individual opinion, there is also tradition/social convention. There are likely some biological aspects that are contingently universal as well; features of human behavior pertaining to morality that are built-in by evolution and thus common to everyone (prohibitions against eating feces, sex with closest relatives, etc.)

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Um... That sort of contradicts this-
Not really. I guess I should have said there is no objective difference between the two, but I feel like that much was already implied when I made the second statement.

You may think that this is not a SIGNIFICANT difference- to be sure, this is not the difference which most people assume exists between good and evil (i.e. some objective fact of the matter); but this is still a difference between the two... And this isn't an entirely accurate statement anyways; besides individual opinion, there is also tradition/social convention. There are likely some biological aspects that are contingently universal as well; features of human behavior pertaining to morality that are built-in by evolution and thus common to everyone (prohibitions against eating feces, sex with closest relatives, etc.)
And people individually choose whether or not to follow tradition/social convention. In the end, it's always up to you. Also, there is no "moral" behavior that is common to EVERYONE.

Monotheist 101

Dont people search the forums before posting such threads?

I will qoute from another thread a few months ago..

I believe the only true faith is Submission to the Monotheist God..Which translates to Islam in arabic.

Do I believe everyone labeled a Muslim is a true Monotheist?...No..I also think one who submits himself completely to God(Allah,Brahma,Yehweh etc) is on the right path..regardless of what label soceity puts on them..Jew Christian Muslim Buddhist Hindu..

A conscious understanding of the true creator..who is one, is vital.

Allah knows best tho...submitting myself to him seems like what a God would command of his servant...

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the true religion?

Whenever this is present:

James 1.27 -
Be doers of the word, and not merely hearers who deceive themselves...Those who look into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and persevere, being not hearers who forget but doers who act—they will be blessed in their doing...Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

And:

1 John 4 - Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love

This religion can be practised by Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, Taoists, Pagans, Atheists, Agnostics, Deists or whomever has an upright heart, pure conscience, filial love for other people and compassion for the most disadvantaged, the weak and the oppressed. This religion is pure in the sight of God and is acceptable to Him. May we all have such religion. Amen.

Last edited:

Enai de a lukal

This religion can be practised by Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, Taoists, Pagans, Atheists, Agnostics, Deists or whomever has an upright heart, pure conscience, filial love for other people and compassion for the most disadvantaged, the weak and the oppressed. This religion is pure in the sight of God and is acceptable to Him. May we all have such religion. Amen.

Once again, I just want to note the irony that what many people describe as the ideal religion sounds alot like, well... no religion. And I imagine there's an insight in that fact, if one can tease it out.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
When I started reading this thread, I just had no INKLING it was gonna get all pear-shaped.

That, my friends, is sarcasm. Which is a low form of wit, and has little place in whatever the true religion might be.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Once again, I just want to note the irony that what many people describe as the ideal religion sounds alot like, well... no religion. And I imagine there's an insight in that fact, if one can tease it out.

Yes the insight is that every human being has a conscience (even psychopaths appear to have an "empathy switch") that if followed will lead them naturally to do good.

Religions help (ideally at least) in aiding people to more strictly adhere to their conscience, because awareness of it can become dulled through peer pressure, societal norms and other environmental factors.

Conscience is the seed from which everything stems for me.

rusra02

Premium Member
Looking to hear opinions from you guys. Ready, Set, GO!

The true religion is that religion that worships the true God in the way he desires, IMO. Jesus taught the truth about God. He said to a woman of another faith; "Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:23,24) Jesus worshipped Jehovah and taught his followers to do the same. (Matthew 4:10)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The true religion is that religion that worships the true God in the way he desires, IMO. Jesus taught the truth about God. He said to a woman of another faith; "Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:23,24) Jesus worshipped Jehovah and taught his followers to do the same. (Matthew 4:10)
Yeah, but Jesus didn't worship Jehovah. That may be who you worship, but Jesus wouldn't have had any any idea who "Jehovah" was.

A true religion is a teaching which can make the inhabitants of the World live in peace, serve to each other, and to stand for the truth and justice.

rusra02

Premium Member
Yeah, but Jesus didn't worship Jehovah. That may be who you worship, but Jesus wouldn't have had any any idea who "Jehovah" was.

I am reminded of the words Jesus spoke recorded at John 8:54,55; "It is my Father that glorifies me, he who you say is your God; and yet you have not known him. But I know him. And if I said I do not know him I should be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word." Nuff said.