• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is/was your major in College/University?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Whether you are going for (or earned) a certificate at a technical college or a PhD at at top notch graduate school, what is (or was) your major?

I'm currently going to a State university getting my Bachelors in Psychology.

I want to be a chaplain. Therefore, I'm going to get my Masters in Religion and I might even shoot for a Doctorate in Buddhist/Eastern studies.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Bachelor of Science in Dance Specialization. I could have gone for a B.A. instead, and I could have earned another kind of Dance degree in Performance. But I was more interested in all facets of dance on and off the stage.

I earned my Certificate in Movement Analysis in 1996. Master's equivalent at 36 graduate credit hours. Some universities will allow me to simply transfer my credit hours to their school, and all I'd have to do is write my thesis for them, and I can have my M.F.A. in Dance if I want. I just have chosen not to and instead maintained my C.M.A. as my title.

Movement Analysis offered me a notation system in movement, as well as a cross-discipline vocabulary and observational skills. My specialties have largely been used in sports/athletics movement coaching for performance and injury rehabilitation as well as in the performance arts. We're getting close to 20 years in the biz with my graduate certificate now.

I hope in the future to do more research and development between dance/movement and team building and conflict resolution in business and psychology. But I'd like to pair that with an academic degree at some point.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Naughty! I did Politics & Government at college and found it very interesting and certainly throws light on understanding the news.

Oh, I agree. And I say a BS in BS as more of a jest than anything else. While I find what passes as politics in everyday usage to be ridiculous, the actual discipline of political science and its related fields is informative and useful. I'd love to start work on an advance degree in Political Science or maybe even in Sociology with an emphasis on social groups, their functions, and interactions.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
For BA I had two majors, one in archaeology and one in ancient Near Eastern cultures, and after finishing my last module I'm gearing up to write my MA dissertation, also in archaeology.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Architecture, mathematics, mechanical engineering.

Architecture was boring.
Mathematics was useful....& some babes were in the program.
Mechanical engineering was fun & useful....but very few babes studied it.
Engineering was particularly great because every test was open book. Never had to memorize nuthin (just like in the real world).

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
B.ED elementary education, 1978, math major, science minor ... learned more in the first 3 months in front of students than in 3 years at university. I did 4 year degree in 3 just to get out of there.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Invest in what?

You can't possibly have studied astronautical engineering.
Otherwise you would have understood that old joke in the split of a second.

EDIT: By the way, I am Aquarius. Any tips would be welcome.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You can't possibly have studied astronautical engineering.
Otherwise you would have understood that old joke in the split of a second.

EDIT: By the way, I am Aquarius. Any tips would be welcome.
What joke?
Let'm do my horoscope first, OK?