• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is/was your major in College/University?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Whether you are going for (or earned) a certificate at a technical college or a PhD at at top notch graduate school, what is (or was) your major?

Planning to start studying for a BSc in engineering or mathematics in a few months' time.

I'd prefer doing one after the other, but it's too early to arrange that now.

freethinker44

Planning to start studying for a BSc in engineering or mathematics in a few months' time.

I'd prefer doing one after the other, but it's too early to arrange that now.

Engineering and math is practically a dual major anyways. You're going to be doing tons of math in an engineering major.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I had several
Math, Mechanical Engineering, Geography, Psychology, Electrical Technology, Emergency Management, Chinese Studies.....After getting more credits in college than one human should ever have to get for an undergrad degree I finally finished with a BS degree in liberal Art with a minor in Physical Geography. I think I had about 160 credits. The funny thing was I was originally supposed to go to school for Forestry but I never made it to the college after I was accepted and after that I was supposed to go for Music and never got there either. And I had a District Attorney that was a teacher of an Criminal Justice class I took try and talk me into going to law school but.....of course I knew better than any old geezer in his 40s when I was in my 20s....about 30 years ago...ended up in IT and have been heard to say on several occasions...I should have gone to forestry school when I had the chance.

I started an MS degree in Cybersecurity but due to job and family responsibilities I had to quit that one

Edit:

I forgot I also started a Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling degree, and I really wanted that one but the internship would have been impossible due to work and family responsibilities so that one was stopped as well. but that came several years before the Cybersecurity degree

Last edited: