• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with Gays

Finally someone agrees.

I don't know where your head this, but there are alot of theists on this forum who also accept homosexuality as a variable part of humanity, such as sojourner and Levite.

:rainbow1: Except for the fact that you don't believe in God. :p

"O CHILDREN OF MEN!

Know ye not why We created you all from the same dust? That no one should exalt himself over the other. Ponder at all times in your hearts how ye were created. Since We have created you all from one same substance it is incumbent on you to be even as one soul, to walk with the same feet, eat with the same mouth and dwell in the same land, that from your inmost being, by your deeds and actions, the signs of oneness and the essence of detachment may be made manifest. Such is My counsel to you, O concourse of light! Heed ye this counsel that ye may obtain the fruit of holiness from the tree of wondrous glory."

-- Hidden Words I:68

elcazador

It's not an LGBT only church, although their members are largely of that calibre.

I went to their church service once.

They see the New Testament references to pagan and idol-worshipping temples where ritual prostitution was the problem, where people would use sexual acts in order to commune with the gods and goddesses.

Their services are highly testimony-based as well, and I remember the main message on accepting Jesus Christ as one's personal lord and saviour, and staying away from drugs, intoxication, and frivolous sex as part of a Christian lifestyle. And as for me as a guest in their Bible-believing church, they prayed over me, anointed me with oil, tried to offer me a Bible, etc.

I appreciate their existence as a church group, because they try to help people out in their lives and turn them into God-loving people. Although yes, they do give out pamphlets with the sinner's prayer at Pride and invite them to their church, it still is a good community trying to focus on living clean and doing humanitarian works in the outer community, such as soup kitchens and fundraisers for charity.

Wow, that's very interesting actually. It doesn't stray too far from the teachings, since we've always had an Abrahamic bias. Although there must be a better way, it's not a bad way to approach the community in this day and age, and it is an admirable way to help keep them from straying into decadence.

Wow, that's very interesting actually. It doesn't stray too far from the teachings, since we've always had an Abrahamic bias. Although there must be a better way, it's not a bad way to approach the community in this day and age, and it is an admirable way to help keep them from straying into decadence.

I think that God would rather that all LGBT persons enter into wedlock with one another and have healthy, monogamous, loving and God-centred families than the decadent culture of today.

Actually, more and more gay people are accepting God as part of their lives just as I. And I pray that one day, as we become more accepted in society, there will be less suicide, less promiscuity, and a healthier society at large.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I don't understand the logic behind an LGBT only church, as well as the workings. Do you cross out all references to sodomy in the New Testament?
Careful there, Cochise! Homosexuality has nothing to do with sodomy. Homosexuality is a normal sexual preference. Sodomy is a rape crime. #3 of my 75 reasons why you're waaaaaay off base here.
Or do you focus on anything that can be construed as straight-hate?
Does your church focus on anything that can be construed as gay-hate? By your posting here, one might be led to believe that it does...

sojourner

I think that God would rather that all LGBT persons enter into wedlock with one another and have healthy, monogamous, loving and God-centred families than the decadent culture of today.

Actually, more and more gay people are accepting God as part of their lives just as I. And I pray that one day, as we become more accepted in society, there will be less suicide, less promiscuity, and a healthier society at large.
The more normally they are treated, and the more latitude they are given in mainstream society, the more "normal" they will be able to act. It's sort of like the old adage, "Outlaw guns, and only outlaws will have them." If homosexuals were allowed to marry, then few of them would be living in sin...

elcazador

Careful there, Cochise! Homosexuality has nothing to do with sodomy. Homosexuality is a normal sexual preference. Sodomy is a rape crime. #3 of my 75 reasons why you're waaaaaay off base here.

Sodomy is unnatural sex often in the Bible implying anal or oral as well as between two of the same gender. In all the Christian imagery I have seen sodomites are depicted as frightened, shamed men in couples trying to cover their acts of homosexuality. As legislation however, that would be the correct definition, at least politically.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I still haven't seen a good reason on why gays should be banned.

The whole world will not turn gay, there are a billion something people on this planet and about half of them are not gay. The world will go to waste before the whole world turns gay.

Where Is God

Creator
I still haven't seen a good reason on why gays should be banned.

The whole world will not turn gay, there are a billion something people on this planet and about half of them are not gay. The world will go to waste before the whole world turns gay.

Dude it isnt even close to half. Maybe 10% tops is my guess

sojourner

Sodomy is unnatural sex often in the Bible implying anal or oral as well as between two of the same gender. In all the Christian imagery I have seen sodomites are depicted as frightened, shamed men in couples trying to cover their acts of homosexuality. As legislation however, that would be the correct definition, at least politically.
That has a lot to do with 1) shame/honor imbedded in one's sexual identity in the ancient Middle East. Women embody shame. Men embody honor. Most of the sodomy in the Bible is (loosely categorized) "battlefield rape." 2) the Sodom story, in which the men showed up en masse at Lot's door. However, scholars agree that this isn't a story decrying sodomy, it's a story that depicts the rampant inhospitality of the city.

Many Christians make the mistake of not accurately or fully engaging in cultural analysis when exegeting these stories.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
The whole world will not turn gay, there are a billion something people on this planet and about half of them are not gay
Much more than half, and 6 not 1 billion people...

Duck

What the christian imagery derived from your holy book that CALLS FOR THE EXECUTION of homosexuals? Much of that christian imagery depicting "sodomites" that I have seen usually involved the "sodomites" being drug from their homes, pelted with refuse and on their way to banishment at best and most often execution. Christians have demonized LGBT people for centuries because for the most part (some notable exceptions, particularly on this forum) they are bigots plain and simple. Before the latest rounds of actively stripping LGBT folks of their rights, christian bigots worked actively to keep African Americans from equality, before that it was women's equality, and before that it was actively working to keep slavery as an acceptable institution, ALL of this conducted using your holy book as inspiration and justification for their blatant evil.

sojourner

What the christian imagery derived from your holy book that CALLS FOR THE EXECUTION of homosexuals? Much of that christian imagery depicting "sodomites" that I have seen usually involved the "sodomites" being drug from their homes, pelted with refuse and on their way to banishment at best and most often execution. Christians have demonized LGBT people for centuries because for the most part (some notable exceptions, particularly on this forum) they are bigots plain and simple. Before the latest rounds of actively stripping LGBT folks of their rights, christian bigots worked actively to keep African Americans from equality, before that it was women's equality, and before that it was actively working to keep slavery as an acceptable institution, ALL of this conducted using your holy book as inspiration and justification for their blatant evil.
But he's not bitter!...
(You're absolutely right about this!)
:banghead3

Where in the depths of Sheol have you ever seen fellatio or cunnilingus ever mentioned in the Bible? I certainly haven't read it in my 15 years of my fundamentalist Catholic Christian life.

Even if sodomy is completely condemned for both men and women, there are still other physical and emotional ways that two people of the same-sex can express their affections for one another.

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falleth, and hath not another to lift him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have warmth; but how can one be warm alone? And if a man prevail against him that is alone, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

-- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12