• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief about homosexuality?

Homosexuality is...

• Total voters
For the record, if you take the religious element out of it, homosexuality is neither good nor bad, the same with any other sexuality. Sex isn't good or bad, I mean,is walking good or bad, is eating good or bad, etc? It's what you do with it.

If you are secular,worldly,yes I can see one believing this.If one calls themselves a christian or believer in God,no,this view is incorrect, according to scripture.God's word makes it very clear that He thinks homosexuality is an abomination and finds it detestable.If you think otherwise, then you do not agree with God, or His word.It's that simple.You either agree with God or you don't.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If you are secular,worldly,yes I can see one believing this.If one calls themselves a christian or believer in God,no,this view is incorrect, according to scripture.God's word makes it very clear that He thinks homosexuality is an abomination and finds it detestable.If you think otherwise, then you do not agree with God, or His word.It's that simple.You either agree with God or you don't.
Secularity has nothing to do with it. People can be secular and believe homosexuality is "wrong," and they can be religious and believe it doesn't matter.

(Edit: poorly worded, but I don't feel like fixing it)

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Secularity has nothing to do with it. People can be secular and believe homosexuality is "wrong," and they can be religious and believe it doesn't matter.

I think your wording is fine and I agree with it

You are correct on the first part.There are some secular people who find homosexuality wrong.Most do not.Some religious, yes too.But! ,true believers in God know better.

Draka

Wonder Woman
You are correct on the first part.There are some secular people who find homosexuality wrong.Most do not.Some religious, yes too.But! ,true believers in God know better.
Just because someone's interpretation or views upon scripture may differ from yours does not make you judge of who is and is not a "true" believer. Isn't that supposed to be judged by your god anyway?

DanielR

I've been repressing my homosexuality for a long time, now I feel I need to come out.

My family is Serbian Orthodox Christian and they are obviously against it, yes they say it's a sin. Though they are all more sexed up than me lol and I'm actually the one who's totally into spirituality and stuff, still of course I'm the 'pervert'. I don't get society sometimes :D

Just because someone's interpretation or views upon scripture may differ from yours does not make you judge of who is and is not a "true" believer. Isn't that supposed to be judged by your god anyway?

What I mean is that if one considers themselves a true Christian,a believer in God,then according to the holy scriptures,homosexuality is considered an abomination by God.If you are a secular person or what ever else,that's fine,but,if a so called christian,then,homosexuality is a no no.

PS.God has already made the judgment.His word declares the laws.If one falls under a certain thing then it applies to them.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

I've been repressing my homosexuality for a long time, now I feel I need to come out.

My family is Serbian Orthodox Christian and they are obviously against it, yes they say it's a sin. Though they are all more sexed up than me lol and I'm actually the one who's totally into spirituality and stuff, still of course I'm the 'pervert'. I don't get society sometimes :D

Yes,I feel you.All sins are the same.Some see homosexuality worse than others which is wrong.They are all bad.God does call homosexuality an abomination though.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
No, the writers of the Bible were a bit homophobic.
No, they weren't. If they were they would have condemned lesbianism too. They didn't. What they did condemn was homosexual rape of men and engaging in male homosexuality as a form of religious worship.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
By what authority do you claim to speak for all Christianity?
Please show documentation.

DanielR

No, they weren't. If they were they would have condemned lesbianism too. They didn't. What they did condemn was homosexual rape of men and engaging in male homosexuality as a form of religious worship.

well I think it's because the text was written by chauvinistic men. Even nowadays lesbianism is considered sexy and appealing while two men kissing or whatever is seen disgusting and gross.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
well I think it's because the text was written by chauvinistic men. Even nowadays lesbianism is considered sexy and appealing while two men kissing or whatever is seen disgusting and gross.
Well some guys get turned on watching women mate with animals. But the bible condemns that.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
For the record, if you take the religious element out of it, homosexuality is neither good nor bad, the same with any other sexuality. Sex isn't good or bad, I mean,is walking good or bad, is eating good or bad, etc? It's what you do with it.
What you do with it was the original question. When 4% of us do X with it and that produces 60% of new aids cases then X is as wrong as walking would be if you were to do it in rush hour traffic or on someone's face. Not mention the billions in medical expenses that the 4%'s actions cost the 96% who do not practice it. If that is not evidence a thing is wrong then pray tell what is? I am a Christian but am making strictly secular points.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
No, it's more likely that the writers of the Bible were a bit homophobic. To understand an ancient religious text you have to consider the cultural context in which it was written.
Did the bible writers also cause the 60% of new aids cases or homosexuality? How about the billions it costs to those who do not practice it?

Both are not good.It speaks of women also being homosexuals in the holy scriptures.There is no difference.The worlds views has nothing at all to do with the holy scriptures concerning homosexuality.

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

Romans 1:27
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Leviticus 18:22 "Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."

gsa

They were just listening to God's commands.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how someone who believes in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent creator god can possibly find that consistently represented in the Tanakh.It is very clear that any divine inspiration (one might better say insight) was laden with very human bias.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Both are not good.It speaks of women also being homosexuals in the holy scriptures.There is no difference.The worlds views has nothing at all to do with the holy scriptures concerning homosexuality.

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

Romans 1:27
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Leviticus 18:22 "Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."

Thank goodness God sent Paul to fix what he forgot to include in his Torah

For the life of me, I cannot understand how someone who believes in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent creator god can possibly find that consistently represented in the Tanakh.It is very clear that any divine inspiration (one might better say insight) was laden with very human bias.

Lol.........."For the life of me," I don't know why but when I read that part I heard it in the voice of Capt.Kirk.Lol.....:p