• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What kind of soup do you like?

dust1n

Zindīq
Honestly for me, the question is 'what kind of soup do you not like'?

In which I can say tomato soup, clam chowder, certain vegetable soups; but besides that, I love soup. Soup is great!

lentil-soup2.jpg

lentils.. yummy!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I like tomato soup with pasta in it. And I like making my own chicken flavoured soup with noodles, potatoes, mushrooms, peas, and broccoli. I can take out one or more of those ingredients if I don't have them. Even noodles and peas or noodles and potatoes are good enough. :D

Pretty much every other kind of soup I do not like. I'm rather choosy.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
There is a local Chinese restaurant we go to that has wor wonton soup. It has wontons, shrimp, white meat chicken, snow peas, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, thin sliced carrots, and bok choy (chinese cabbage). The vegetables are al dente. It is the best soup I ever ate.

Peacewise

chicken and corn soup.
pea and ham soup.
tomato soup.
leek and potato soup.
pumpkin soup.
These are my favourites...

ah yes I must not forget Uncle Jocks Home made Chicken and vegetable soup, but Uncle is dead now so I'll never have that again, sigh.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I love most soups with a cream or cheese base. New England Clam Chowder, cheesy broccoli, cream of potato...stuff like that.

For the record, whoever invented "Manhattan Style" clam chowder ought to be tarred and feathered.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I love the tomato and lentil soup my mum makes, I love sweet and creamy pumpkin soup, I like potato and leek (leak?) soup, I like the chinese soups my mum makes similar tasting to miso soup, sweet corn and chicken (mock!) soup, wonton soup...you know the list goes on. I do love my soup!

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Soup! :jam:

I make a pretty good bowl of soup. In fact, I think I'm making Cauliflower Soup tonight.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I like French Onion with two slices of Baguette and meted Gruyere Cheese on them.
Thai Tom Yam Soup which is hot sweet and sour
Brockely and Stilton
Home made Ministrone
Oxtail Soup
Most Soups really

Mr Cheese

my girlfriend is a soup nazi...
she makes the best...they really are resteraunt quality

her weddign soup is great....
but I do have to say her taco soup is probably my fave...
her potato soup could be second

I recently posted the recipe for an artichoke soup
that is probably the best soup I have eaten at a resteraunt for a very long time

I bought her a good soup book
I highly reccomend:

bk1976.jpg

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
A thick mushrooms soup :yes:
Goulash, Hungarian meat and vegetables soup (or stew)
onion soup with cheese.
and I'll go for plenty of others.. beans, tomato, sweet potato, a nice chicken soup.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I really like a lot of soups you get from Chinese restaurants: Hot and Sour, Wor Won-ton, Egg-Drop and Sizzling Rice soup are all pretty tasty.

Outside of that, you can't go wrong with clam chowder, French Onion, broccoli and cheese and Pozole (preferably with chicken).

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihd4G9XxJOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihd4G9XxJOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Duck

Honestly for me, the question is 'what kind of soup do you not like'?

In which I can say tomato soup, clam chowder, certain vegetable soups; but besides that, I love soup. Soup is great!

lentil-soup2.jpg

lentils.. yummy!

Asparagus soup is really tasty. mmmm Asparagus....:drool: