• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What kind of soup do you like?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You know what - it's nippy here today. I think I will HAVE a bowl of French onion soup for lunch!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Please don't tell me you have Gruyere in the house.

On a positive note (for me) I made fajitas for dinner using peppers from our garden, and they were fan-freaking-tastic. Apparently the secret is beer in the marinade.

Renji

I love chicken macaroni soup. Here in the Philippines, we have a rice soup called lugaw. I love it.

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
Zuppa Toscana

P8170506_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

My favourite!!!!!!!

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
That looks good. I found a recipe and I'm going to try it with chicken smoked sausage.

Try it with any kind of sausage! I first had the soup at the Olive Garden, but I liked it so much that I went home and made it. It tastes a lot better homemade.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Please don't tell me you have Gruyere in the house.

On a positive note (for me) I made fajitas for dinner using peppers from our garden, and they were fan-freaking-tastic. Apparently the secret is beer in the marinade.

No, but I do have a good grocery store nearby!:p

Send me your marinade recipe - sounds good, even though I don't have my own private stash of peppers.

I made pumpkin bread AND banana bread yesterday, just to see which one was better. We had a split vote in our house - but both were great, and got me in the holiday cooking mood!

Smoke

Done here.
Looks delicious... Do you have the recipe? I wanna try it ( I only eat soups, vegetables and fruits lately):angel2:

I found several recipes, but I liked this one best:

1 pound Italian sausage
2 large russet baking potatoes sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 can Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Bits (these are less fatty than real bacon)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups kale or swiss chard, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
1 qt. water
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Cook sausage in a 300-degree oven. Bake approximately 1/2 hour, drain on paper towels, and cut into slices.

Place onion, potatoes, chicken broth, water, and garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.

Add sausage, bacon bits, salt, and pepper to taste, and simmer for another 10 minutes.

Turn to low heat, add kale and cream. Heat through and serve.

From: Zuppa Toscana Recipe: Tuscan soup recipe, Olive Garden inspired

I never really measure anything unless I'm baking. I used chicken smoked sausage instead of the Italian sausage and bacon, extra broth and about half the water, and extra kale. I chopped the kale fairly fine; I didn't want clumps of greens hanging off my spoon. I also added white pepper and a little cayenne pepper. I brought it to a boil and then reduced the heat to "almost off" and simmered till it was reduced to about half its volume, then added milk (cream would be better, but I didn't have any cream), added some powdered milk to thicken it, and simmered some more. It was good. I plan to make it again.

This was really good with kale, but I think it would work with just about any kind of greens. I like a cream soup with greens to have a nice golden color, and this one did.

My garlic wasn't real fresh and didn't add a lot of magic. But my white pepper was very fresh and really gave it some bite. :)

Duck

made a really tasty mushroom and rice soup with thyme.

12 oz sliced button or white mushrooms
1 cup rice (recipe calls for white, I used brown)
2 tablespoons white wine
2 leeks (white parts only) chopped
1 celery stalk (leaves and all) chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
5 cups vegetable broth or water
1 tablespoon olive oil

cook the leeks and celery over medium heat in the oil in large pot until soft (~5 minutes), add the rice, broth, bay leaf and dried thyme (if using), bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms, fresh thyme (if using) parsley, and wine. Simmer for ~10 minutes or until the rice is tender. Serve hot.

Yum.