• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you sure ?

cataway

Everything wants to return to its source.
Like.. water is running towards its source sea,
Like.. throw any rock upwards, it will return back downwards to its source earth.
Thus.. Light a candle, it faces upwards to return back to its source sun.

There's no need of any book, its all in front of us.:)
oh come now ,you pulled that one out of your butt ,...........and it does stink

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What gets transform ?

Everything, at least if one evaluates this from the standpoint of the eternal now, or successive moments of time as observed from a single point of reference (such as your own experiences).

If we look at things from outside of the flow of time we experience, then nothing does. And, if we look at things from a combined this-worldly and otherworldly perspective, it depends. But all of this... is getting into some of the "more to it than that" of my last post, which I don't want to get into much. That discussion feels more appropriate for either the mysticism or magic DIR, and even there I don't know if I could find the words to convey it properly. Let's just keep things simple and say everything changes, effectively.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Everything wants to return to its source.
Like.. water is running towards its source sea,
Like.. throw any rock upwards, it will return back downwards to its source earth.
Thus.. Light a candle, it faces upwards to return back to its source sun.

There's no need of any book, its all in front of us.:)

as jai narayan just said , .....that was good :D

sureya dev , ..ki jai :namaste

chinu

chinu
When you light a candle at night, which way does it face?
When any human needs sunlight during night, he doesn't start digging earth to get the sunlight which is on the other side of this earth, yes one can FLY in a airplane to the other side to get sunlight.

Similarly.. the flame wants to FLY that time rather than digging the earth. :)

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
When any human needs sunlight during night, he doesn't start digging earth to get the sunlight which is on the other side of this earth, yes one can FLY in a airplane to the other side to get sunlight.

Similarly.. the flame wants to FLY that time rather than digging the earth. :)

Before the invention of the airplane, did candles burn downward?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Before the invention of the airplane, did candles burn downward?
If the soot from the flame immediately went back towards the earth, it would be way too easy to sweep it up. (If you didn't choke on it first) :p

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
@ourcreed

I did, it is still unclear and makes huge assumptions which need explanation and/or justification - for example why would having a conscious necessitate the existence of an afterlife; there re significant explanations needed for the reasoning used (but certainly not presented) to make such conclusions.