• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What proof do you have of God?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
To Thief:-
Thief wrote:- Be careful how you feed the trolls.They complain about the postings you make in reply...and then you get wrote up.

Thanks for your warning. Oh dear..... I haven't got a chance...... will be in the naughty corner before you can say 'sin'. I don't mind getting told off, but if I have to write anything out a hundred times then I am definitely leaving!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
To Waitasec:-
You wrote:- Yes. Yes. I agree. Maybe so.

Ha ha! Coming from one of the deadliest debaters in the forum, I'm stunned! (although methinks you treat newcomers with heaps of patience!). All the best, oldbadger

waitasec

Veteran Member
Personal proof. That is how God reveals Himself.
:)
why would anyone want to argue with that?

people see god when they see their children smiling and laughing
or when they hear a musical piece that drives them to tears
or read a poem, or when they look up at the midnight sky
or when catching a wave
these are not the proofs i am interested in debating.
as all these things make a person unique...

what i want to debate is when someone says
if "this", what ever that maybe, doesn't speak to you the way it speaks to me then you are closed, unwilling and in denial.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
To Thief:-
Thief wrote:- Be careful how you feed the trolls.They complain about the postings you make in reply...and then you get wrote up.

Thanks for your warning. Oh dear..... I haven't got a chance...... will be in the naughty corner before you can say 'sin'. I don't mind getting told off, but if I have to write anything out a hundred times then I am definitely leaving!

I've been here little more than three years.
During this time I've had to restate and affirm my beliefs....a lot.

I've even picked up on how to copy and paste previous works to speed things along.

The repost work is brought on by the trolls.
(They claim they are here to learn.)
So they seek every occasion to undo your handiwork.
Word games for the most part.

Their constant desire to say 'nay'...is more than coincidence.
You can tell from their posting they do have an agenda.
And it's personal.

If ever they are backed into a reasonable perspective, it then becomes a discussion of redirection and avoidance.
Even to the extent they will accuse you of the same.

So if, as you say, you not up for the repeat...you won't be here long.
But the forum needs people like you.
I hope you stick around.

( the quote button is handy)

Last edited:

Vansdad

:)
why would anyone want to argue with that?

people see god when they see their children smiling and laughing
or when they hear a musical piece that drives them to tears
or read a poem, or when they look up at the midnight sky
or when catching a wave
these are not the proofs i am interested in debating.
as all these things make a person unique...

what i want to debate is when someone says
if "this", what ever that maybe, doesn't speak to you the way it speaks to me then you are closed, unwilling and in denial.
Are you looking to argue?:) When a person has a spiritual awakening it is personal. It is enlightening and is beyond description. There is nothing that can be brought forth for examination. The only thing is to say how a person came to believe. Either they accepted He was there in some manner and when they honestly wanted to know He reveals Himself. That experience can be shared with others who experience similar but cannot be shared with people who have never experienced it because it means nothing at all to them.

1robin

Christian/Baptist

I've even picked up on how to copy and paste previous works to speed things along.

And it's personal.

If ever they are backed into a reasonable perspective, it then becomes a discussion of redirection and avoidance.

So if, as you say, you not up for the repeat...you would be here long.
I hope you stick around.

I concur. I have had to build a file of things that are forgotten as soon as they are posted and are asked for again in just a day or two. I think it stems from the fact that an insincere critic doesn't want or value answers, the contention is all important and must be maintained at all costs even if that means rejecting obvious solutions and facts. Welcome to the nit-pic-athon.

outhouse

Atheistically

And it's personal.

So if, as you say, you not up for the repeat...you won't be here long.
I hope you stick around.

have you ever thought these issues arise when you place faith over historical evidence?

"belief" and "faith" are not historical evidence

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
To Thief and all:-
1robin wrote:-I have had to build a file of things that are forgotten as soon as they are posted and are asked for again in just a day or two.

(OK,ok.... I read the bit about the quote button, but can't get it to work yet. Hell.... I can't even discover who has sent me frubals so I can thank 'em! You guys just walked into this 'data' world, but some of us have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into it!)

If somebody raises questions again, and again, and again,then I will seek for new ways to communicate, and if I fail, then it is 'oldbadger' that has failed. The thing I wrote about 'a hundred times' as just a joke to do with early school punishments..... I must not be rude to the teachers, I must not be rude to the teachers.... etc! There was no depth to that.... just a silly joke.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
To Thief and all:-
1robin wrote:-I have had to build a file of things that are forgotten as soon as they are posted and are asked for again in just a day or two.

(OK,ok.... I read the bit about the quote button, but can't get it to work yet. Hell.... I can't even discover who has sent me frubals so I can thank 'em! You guys just walked into this 'data' world, but some of us have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into it!)

If somebody raises questions again, and again, and again,then I will seek for new ways to communicate, and if I fail, then it is 'oldbadger' that has failed. The thing I wrote about 'a hundred times' as just a joke to do with early school punishments..... I must not be rude to the teachers, I must not be rude to the teachers.... etc! There was no depth to that.... just a silly joke.
Hey badger. To quote click the quote button of course to get to the reply screen then highlight the text you want and hit the quote button on the toolbar above the window. It looks like a text bubble from an old cartoon. Or you can just type [/quote] at the end of the text and
at the start and it will work. I had to reverse them or it would have done it for that statement. As far as frubals go you can go to the user cp screen by selecting it from the top of the main screen. Good luck.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
have you ever thought these issues arise when you place faith over historical evidence?

So I'm suppose to surrender to historians ...rather than God?

And evidence is only historical?

waitasec

Veteran Member
personally i find the odds of finding evidence in history is much higher than finding evidence with wishful thinking

The Wizard

Please, if you know you can't debate well or have not looked into philosophy much, I ask that you do not post, no offense.

If its someone's belief then what need is there for proof? Isn't that a quality of beliefs- they don't require proof to work and affect life?

1robin

Christian/Baptist

The bible meets every demand of the historical method. It has 25,000 historical corroberations. There is no historical fact that contradicts the bible. There is no conflict with history, science, or philospohy with the bible.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hey badger. To quote click the quote button of course to get to the reply screen then highlight the text you want and hit the quote button on the toolbar above the window. It looks like a text bubble from an old cartoon. Or you can just type
at the end of the text and
at the start and it will work. I had to reverse them or it would have done it for that statement. As far as frubals go you can go to the user cp screen by selecting it from the top of the main screen. Good luck.

Yep! That works for me....! Now just watch them old frubals start pouring in!!!!

1robin

Christian/Baptist
at the end of the text and

Yep! That works for me....! Now just watch them old frubals start pouring in!!!!

Have at it however I have no idea what these frubals are or what thier purpose is. It would be nice if they could be used to get toys made by 7 year old children in micro-nesia like they have at Chucky Cheese.

otokage007

Have at it however I have no idea what these frubals are or what thier purpose is. It would be nice if they could be used to get toys made by 7 year old children in micro-nesia like they have at Chucky Cheese.

I love those children. Their lifes under a whip is the very proof of God's inexistence.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The bible meets every demand of the historical method. It has 25,000 historical corroberations. There is no historical fact that contradicts the bible. There is no conflict with history, science, or philospohy with the bible.
So the bird came before the bug? What a pathetic joke! The only way you manage to maintain such nonsense is by studiously wallowing in gross scientific ignorance. Your claims are nothing more than exceedingly dumb rants.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I love those children. Their lifes under a whip is the very proof of God's inexistence.
What the heck? You are saying that the presence of evil means that the book that forcasts that evil will be done and gives the most suffecient explenation for it in history is disproven. I am not sure what kind of deductive standards you are using but in my view when something is predicted and explained and then it happens exactly as fortold that means it's reliable. Unless you can show (and you can't) that if God exists then evil wouldn't, this is a meaningless contention. At least with God these wrongs eventually get made right. In a Godless system all that can be said is oh well and justice is never achieved. In fact it can't be shown without God that what you call evil actually is evil. Without God what can you say that proves what happens to children in sweat shops is actually wrong? Good luck. In fact evil has no ultimate meaning at all without a higher standard. NEXT

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
To:- 1robin.

Hi! The frubals thing was about loading 'em onto you for your help. I have messaged staff for such help and not received reply. Sadly I could only give you one, cos we get stopped giving more. I thought that was worth several. All the very best, oldbadger