• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What really happens to you after you die...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Earth will never cease - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalm 14:5
What will cease are the unrepentant wicked people - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:22; 2nd Peter 3:9
That's true.
Thus, the only way for consciousness to return is by way of Resurrection ( being restored back to live life again - Acts 24:15 )
Being awakened from death's sleep because of being in God's memory ( No DNA needed ) - John 11:11-14
This is what the Bible tells us
No, this is not what the Bible tells us, this is what the Governing Body of the JW church told you.

Acts 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

The Bible does not say ANYTHING about being restored back to live life on Earth again.
The Bible does not say ANYTHING about being awakened from death's sleep because of being in God's memory.

So what does it mean to say that here shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust?
Resurrection of the dead means that the dead will pass from one world into another and continue to live.
Death of the body is merely a continuation of life in another world.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life.

What the 'Christian' above wrote above is congruent with the Bible.
The physical body returns to the earth and the spirit returns to God, who resides in the spiritual world.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, the spirit "it" ( Ecclesiastes 12:7 B) returns to God.
Just as God's spirit is a neuter "it" - Numbers 11:17,25 - so is our spirit "it"
As a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but is returned to the hands of the owner
So, any future life ( Acts 24:15 ) is depending on having a resurrection - John 6:40
Some ( a little flock - Luke 12:32) having a first or earlier resurrection to serve with Christ in Heaven - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10
Whereas the ( other sheep - John 10:16 ) is a larger group
The ' other sheep ' are the figurative sheep of Matthew 25:31-34,37,40
They are alive on Earth and can be part of the humble meek who will inherit ( Not Heaven) but inherit the Earth- Matt. 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11;22:26

www.jw.org

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Just as God's spirit is a neuter "it" - Numbers 11:17,25 - so is our spirit "it"
As a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but is returned to the hands of the owner
So, any future life ( Acts 24:15 ) is depending on having a resurrection - John 6:40
Some ( a little flock - Luke 12:32) having a first or earlier resurrection to serve with Christ in Heaven - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10
They are alive on Earth and can be part of the humble meek who will inherit ( Not Heaven) but inherit the Earth- Matt. 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11;22:26

www.jw.org

Like I just said in another thread, this is what you believe as a Jehovah's Witness, but not all Christians agree with your biblical interpretation as a JW.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I can agree that right now our enemy is 'spiritual death ' ( being separated from God's love..... )
True, when the humble meek inherit the Earth (as promised at Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26; Matthew 5:5) there will be an end to spiritual death on Earth
No more spiritual death on Earth equals = No more literal fleshly death on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
No more spiritual death on Earth equals = No more spiritual death on Earth

1 Corinthians 15:24-26
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Spiritual death is the enemy. Physical (fleshy) death is not the enemy.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
I am sure there are many more verses like these but I do not have the time to look for them right now.

Right, Heaven is a spirit/spiritual world or realm of existence, and Earth is material/physical realm of existence
In the heavenly realm there is No sickness, No death ( No one dies in Heaven) No War, No crime, No pollution, etc. in Heaven
So, we are praying that God's healthy heavenly will ( His purpose for Heaven ) to also come and exist on Earth
An Earth with: No sickness, No death, No crime, No violence, No pollution and No War on Earth - Psalm 46:9
Earth can never be like Heaven because Earth is a material world and always will be. In a material world there will always be sickness and death, although in the future we will see more cures for diseases so there will be less sickness. In the future there will be less crime, but as long as man has free will there will always be crime. In the future there will be no more war and there is the potential for no more pollution.
Yes, this we shall see after the return of Christ and during his 1000 year governmental reign over Earth - 1st Cor. 15:24-26
When God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) His world-wide government replaces all corrupted man-made government
Jesus Christ is not going to return or reign.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

There is nothing in the Bible that supports the belief that Jesus is going to reign from Heaven. That is a man-made belief.

Daniel 2 NASB
44 And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be [ap]left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. 45 Just as you saw that a stone was broken off from the mountain without hands, and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place [aq]in the future; so the dream is certain and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

What needs to be set up is the kingdom of God on earth.
Jesus asked us to pray for the kingdom of God to come to earth:

Matthew 6 NASB
9 “Pray, then, in this way:

‘Our Father, who is in heaven,
[d]Hallowed be Your name.
10 [e]Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
[f]On earth as it is in heaven.

Christians believe that the following verses are about Jesus, but if Jesus was the Son of man, as Jesus claimed to be, the following verses cannot be about the Jesus.

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

I believe that those verses are about Baha'u'llah who was one like Jesus, the return of the Christ promised in the Bible.

"It is clear to all that Christ came from heaven, although apparently He came from the womb of Mary. At the first coming He came from heaven, though apparently from the womb; in the same way, also, at His second coming He will come from heaven, though apparently from the womb. The conditions that are indicated in the Gospel for the second coming of Christ are the same as those that were mentioned for the first coming, as we said before." Bahá'í Reference Library - Some Answered Questions, Pages 110-112

Jesus ascended into heaven. Baha’u’llah, one like the son of man, descended from heaven and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Those verses are about an earthly kingdom, not a heavenly kingdom.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The spirit is the human soul. The soul returns to the God who gave us all a soul.
The soul does move. It moves from this world to the spiritual world when the physical body dies. (Earth to Heaven).
That is correct but the resurrection is not a resurrection of the physical body.
the physical body once dead remains dead and in the grave.

Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

www.jw.org
The Bible does not say ANY of that.
The misinterpretation and the misapplication of Bible verses that come from the JW organization has led you to false beliefs.
I find that very sad but there is nothing I can do about it since the indoctrination was complete.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
From my observations, from being a witness to several deaths I will tell you exactly what happens.
When you die you stop breathing.
...and when you stop breathing you loose all consciousness
So, it is No wonder Ecclesiastes 9:5 informs us that the dead know nothing
As Jesus taught the dead are in a sleep-like state - John 11:11-14
Jesus publicly read from Scripture, quoted or referred to Scripture, and explained and expounded Scripture
Jesus often referred back the the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teaches loss of consciousness for the dead
- Psalm 6:5; Psalm 13:3; Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
and which God do you thank each and every day
I thank the one true God, who is the only God who exists.

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity.”

“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.”

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I thank the one true God, who is the only God who exists.
“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity.”
.............................................................................................................................................................
“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.”..............................
Thank you for your reply. I find the word God is a 'title' as is: ALL-Powerful, The Almighty, the Self-Subsisting....... and the word Lord
I find Jesus stresses that it is God's name (Not titles) that should be hallowed, held as sacred, sanctified
At Psalm 83:18 God's name in English is Jehovah
At Psalm 97:9 that He is the one who is exalted far above all gods
Thus, the nations will have to come to know that Jehovah is the True God
Once the powers in charge surprisingly go against the religious world they will find themselves at odds with Jehovah

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
@Trailblazer clearly believes in the Abrahamic God of the Bible, so your not-so-subtle insinuation that she prays to another god is dead wrong.
I want to apologize that I gave you the above impression because that was Not my intention or insinuation so-subtle or otherwise
Abraham used God's personal name showing which God Abraham worshipped at Genesis 22:14 (KJV)
In the King James where the word LORD appears in ALL Upper-Case letters that is where the Tetragrammaton YHWH stands for God's name

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How many Gods do you think there are?;)
As found at 1st Corinthians 8:5-6 KJV which says: for though there be that are called gods, whether in Heaven or in Earth ( as there be gods MANY, and Lords MANY ) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom are all things, and we by him.
One God and one mediator ...... a man, Christ Jesus - 1st Timothy 2:5
I believe as Jesus believes there is but only One God, his Father - Rev. 4:11

Questioning

*Banned*
!!DEATH!.jpg