• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is scientifically proven?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
what about those people that can walk on burning coals...?
is that for real?
Yes, it's for real, but it has to do with things like thermal conductivity and the Leidenfrost effect, not religious faith.

Rather, religious faith may be what convinces the person to walk on the coals in the first place, but it doesn't magically protect him from being burned; that's all physics.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Yes, it's for real, but it has to do with things like thermal conductivity and the Leidenfrost effect, not religious faith.

Rather, religious faith may be what convinces the person to walk on the coals in the first place, but it doesn't magically protect him from being burned; that's all physics.
I've done that.... it was pretty fun.

Of course I knew the science behind how it works. :cool:

It's a good thing coal is a very poor conductor of heat. My friend though, got a coal stuck to his toes and got a pretty good burn. It was his third time across.

wa:do

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've done that.... it was pretty fun.

Of course I knew the science behind how it works. :cool:

It's a good thing coal is a very poor conductor of heat. My friend though, got a coal stuck to his toes and got a pretty good burn. It was his third time across.

Admit it. You also couldn't resist the temptation of pouring liquid nitrogen on your hands as well to illustrate the effect. :D

Saw it demonstrated at (open) university once. Yet of course with all the proper disclaimers noted. :cool:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Admit it. You also couldn't resist the temptation of pouring liquid nitrogen on your hands as well to illustrate the effect. :D

Saw it demonstrated at (open) university once. Yet of course with all the proper disclaimers noted. :cool:
On MY hands.... no way!
That is what first years are for! :D

waitasec

Veteran Member

silly me, all this time i thought it was mind over matter
:eek:

horizon_mj1

I'd liketo see your imagination transmit useful information to someone across the globe such that they can use it to accomplish something through understanding your thought process :)
The United States Government as well as other governments of the world do have other remote processing information techniques that do not require conventional means of doing so. The imagination is what allows someone to logically think and put their creative ideas into material form. Without imagination and other unique powers of the mind, technology would NOT exist.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Without imagination and other unique powers of the mind, technology would NOT exist.
Cool.
Now prove it.

Your claim is that technology would not exist without imagination and other unique powers of the mind.

So no moving the goal posts by picking and choosing from the vast array of technologies which ones would not exist., but that NONE of them, as per your claim, would not exist.

Now if that is not what you meant, then please correct what is written with what you actually meant.

horizon_mj1

My meaning is that we'll take electricity for example; if Tesla did not have his idea in which he got from studying laws of physics, Watt would not have had the ability to perfect it the way we use it today. The very workings of the both brains that integrated these techniques use electrical impulses in order to process and survive. The CIA has released documentation in which the admittedly had a project in which remote viewing was taught and studied. Out of the few subject chosen for the study, a small amount of them were able to master the technique. They had the ability to be in one location and "follow" a subject using only their minds. Being that this gave proof to be a way of "remote viewing", it also proves that our minds have abilities in which we are not aware of. It has yet to be scientifically proven how our brains "create" ideas, and the idea can only be integrated if strategic planning to carry out the idea exists. The information itself that comes to the mind may have been an existing idea from another person (known or unknown to each other) just lacking the ability to put their work into material form.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
And the documents showed it was a waste of time and money. But hey, that part of government is so good at wasting money that it's almost supernatural itself. :cool:

horizon_mj1

And the documents showed it was a waste of time and money. But hey, that part of government is so good at wasting money that it's almost supernatural itself. :cool:

You can look at things that way, but I am a fan of declassified information; some of which makes you wander why there was no funding made available for some projects; or looking at all accumulated facts, see that with help the human potential could exceed great boundaries like maybe actually become a class 1 society.Some projects that have been done and scientifically analyzed should have been studied further, but maybe an advancement would not benifit everyone.