• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is scientifically proven?

why_islam

So... God decided to demonstrate to the world what the true religion is?

If that's the case, why are there still non-Muslims? I mean, if all-powerful God decides to do something like, say, convince people of the truth of the Quran, it would be done. Period. But I'm still not convinced. Little ol' imperfect, mortal me wouldn't be able to thwart the will of an almighty god. In fact, the whole non-Muslim two-thirds of the planet aren't convinced.

So what's going on? Are you mistaken about God's intent or is He really that bad at convincing people?

because god wants to test us..and he divides us into difference races..different religions...cultures.... Jesus was also Prohpet of God...and people understood him wrong...and thought he was the Son of God...even though he was just a messanger..sent By the GOD..and Quran has the whole story of that ...the point of telling all that was...to tell that GOd sent his messanger on different times as GOD thought it was necessary,,, and to tell people the truth and put them on the straight path....if GOD hadn't sent messangers...people would think that they were not told about the true religion....so they just kept fallowing the religion of their fathers...thinking that it is the right religion....:yes:...
MAy tRUE GOD TAKE US TO THE TRUE PATH..

why_islam

doppelgänger;1370390 said:
So to paraphrase, your beliefs are the truth for everyone in every way, though you are willing to open-mindedly consider what anyone else has to say, so long as they agree with you.

That's what it sure sounds like.

And by facts you mean...

PEOPLE COME ON PROVE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT.. I M OPEN TO ANY FACT..PROVE WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS THE TRUTH....:sorry1: IF I DON'T LOOK OPEN ENOUGH..lol

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
i guess what i am trying to say is, would you be rather believing in something that is scientifically proven or would you rather be believing in myths and majic. :confused:..:rolleyes:
When you speak of myths and magic, do you mean stories like when the Prophet (PBUH) is said to have healed a blind person, or ridden to Heaven on a winged horse that may have had a human head, or to have received greetings from a rock?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
PEOPLE COME ON PROVE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT.. I M OPEN TO ANY FACT..PROVE WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS THE TRUTH....:sorry1: IF I DON'T LOOK OPEN ENOUGH..lol
I don't have a need to prove I'm right or that what I believe is true... I know my religion is right for me and don't feel the need to prove that to others.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
because god wants to test us..and he divides us into difference races..different religions...cultures....
So, then, you were mistaken and God isn't actually trying to convince everyone of the truth of the Quran?

Jesus was also Prohpet of God...and people understood him wrong...and thought he was the Son of God...even though he was just a messanger..sent By the GOD..and Quran has the whole story of that ...the point of telling all that was...to tell that GOd sent his messanger on different times as GOD thought it was necessary,,, and to tell people the truth and put them on the straight path....if GOD hadn't sent messangers...people would think that they were not told about the true religion....so they just kept fallowing the religion of their fathers...thinking that it is the right religion....:yes:...
MAy tRUE GOD TAKE US TO THE TRUE PATH..
So... God sent messengers to get people onto the "true path", but even many of the people who heard these messengers stayed on the right path anyway?

That sounds to me like God didn't do a very good job at what He set out to do. Don't you agree?

why_islam

Islam only needs itself compared to historicity to prove itself wrong. :)

islam has proven to be the true religion..and it will;) COMpare it to anything...and you will see..

A society is in grave danger if its trying to justify its dogma by mixing it with science. our religious texts are not academic, they have no ability to teach us astrophysics, biology, chemistry or even complete history.
sacred texts are involved with morality and culture not with teaching us about black holes and the big bang.
this trend on the forums to try to prove religious beliefs with science is downgrading the forum level, and is also bordering with proselytizing in most cases.

what are you talking about sir..Quran has so many scintific facts..that were not proven untill the 21st century...for example....

Scientific Truths in The Qur'an: The Orbits

WATCH THIS VIDEO...AND LOOK HOW QURAN EXPLAINS THE ORBITS..1400 YEARS AGO..:yes:..

YouTube - Scientific Truths in The Qur'an: The Orbits
Please explain these "goodies" in regards to women.

lIKE EVERY WOMEN IS EQUAL TO A MEN...IN quran it says..

O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good. (An-Nisa 4:19)

When you speak of myths and magic, do you mean stories like when the Prophet (PBUH) is said to have healed a blind person, or ridden to Heaven on a winged horse that may have had a human head, or to have received greetings from a rock?

Hazrat Muhammad saw were given these powers..to show that he is the prophet of God..since the kings and leaders of Arabia would say..if you are the real Prophet..show us some Miracle...

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism

Shamans can do these types of things too, but not in the physical realm. Our thought-energy can take many different forms and shapes. I do believe in other realms of existence, but I do not believe that they are supernatural either, it is just how our minds perceive them to be. They are kind of like dreams, but they can affect us on a physical level.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Hazrat Muhammad saw were given these powers..to show that he is the prophet of God..since the kings and leaders of Arabia would say..if you are the real Prophet..show us some Miracle...
Not surprisingly, that's similar to the answer from some of the very religions you dismiss as unscientific "magic."

why_islam

So, then, you were mistaken and God isn't actually trying to convince everyone of the truth of the Quran?

So... God sent messengers to get people onto the "true path", but even many of the people who heard these messengers stayed on the right path anyway?

That sounds to me like God didn't do a very good job at what He set out to do. Don't you agree?

Quran says:

Surah 2: Al-Bakrah
2: 6 – There is another kind of people, called the Kafireen, who see the right path but do not follow it because of their obstinacy, jealousy, conceit, and vested interests. Neither do they follow this path themselves, nor do they tell others of this path. If or not the Kafireen are told about the disastrous results of following the wrong path, the result will always be the same. They never desire to adopt the right path.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Quran says:

Surah 2: Al-Bakrah
2: 6 – There is another kind of people, called the Kafireen, who see the right path but do not follow it because of their obstinacy, jealousy, conceit, and vested interests. Neither do they follow this path themselves, nor do they tell others of this path. If or not the Kafireen are told about the disastrous results of following the wrong path, the result will always be the same. They never desire to adopt the right path.
So, then, there are some people who even God can't convince? Sounds like He's not all-powerful after all.

why_islam

Shamanse can do these types of things too, but not in the physical realm. Our thought-energy can take many different forms and shapes. I do believe in other realms of existence, but I do not believe that they are supernatural either, it is just how our minds perceive them to be. They are kind of like dreams, but they can affect us on a physical level.

and i have no idea what you are talking about bro... YOU ARE TO PHILOSOPHICAL:sorry1:
Not surprisingly, that's similar to the answer from some of the very religions you dismiss as unscientific "magic."

Show me a single religion that has so many scientific facts in their scripture or anything...and i will believe that what else is written about majic and myths in it is true....IF YOU are thinking of Hinsuism..than don't even try...lol...And bro...GOD gave his messangers..these powers to persuade people that he is the messanger...and he puts scientific facts, predictions.....to prove he is the ONLY AND THE GRATEST BEING...

why_islam

So, then, there are some people who even God can't convince? Sounds like He's not all-powerful after all.

God is the most powerfull and the greatest..and there is nothing in his range that can't be done..he always fullfills his promises...
as i said before bro...God has sent us here to test us.... there are people who succeed and poeple who don't and God has planned something for both sides....God provides every way for human brain to understand the true knowledge...but it still doesn't....GOD DOESN"T nEED ANYTHING FROM US...BUT WE NEED eVErYTHiNG FROM GOd...

challupa

God is the most powerfull and the greatest..and there is nothing in his range that can't be done..he always fullfills his promises...
as i said before bro...God has sent us here to test us.... there are people who succeed and poeple who don't and God has planned something for both sides....God provides every way for human brain to understand the true knowledge...but it still doesn't....GOD DOESN"T nEED ANYTHING FROM US...BUT WE NEED eVErYTHiNG FROM GOd...
I don't like your description of God. He sounds just like some people I know. Judgmental and nasty when we don't do what they like.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
God is the most powerfull and the greatest..and there is nothing in his range that can't be done..
Except for convincing certain people of the truth, apparently.

he always fullfills his promises...
as i said before bro...God has sent us here to test us.... there are people who succeed and poeple who don't and God has planned something for both sides....
Sounds cheery.

BTW - I'm not your "bro".

God provides every way for human brain to understand the true knowledge...but it still doesn't....
Right... so apparently some things are beyond God's capabilities.

why_islam

I don't like your description of God. He sounds just like some people I know. Judgmental and nasty when we don't do what they like.

the God is most mercifull ....No matter how many time u make mistakes...if you ask for forgiveness...you will be forgiven...Name a single person who gives you a 100% gurntee of forgiving you every single time you do anything....and promising you a house in paradise....:p

why_islam

Except for convincing certain people of the truth, apparently.

Sounds cheery.

BTW - I'm not your "bro".

Right... so apparently some things are beyond God's capabilities.

There is nothing that God is not capable of doing...I gave a part from Quran that said..that some people no matter what you provide them..will not understand...that doesn't mean GOD doesn't have the ability to make them understand...God has given people the oppertuinty...some people succeed some don't....God has rewards and punishments for both...

sorry for calling you bro..