• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is scientifically proven?

why_islam

i would, to an extent, both agree and disagree.

we both agree that not all peoples worship / believe in the same gods. and i agree that not all people are on the same path, nor will all lives be directed in such a way as to go down a specific path.

what is central to my concern, however, is whether the Allah of the Quran is the same as the Abba whom Jesus spoke of, and to. it *is* significant, exactly because Mohammad claims to be a valid and worth-listening-to mssenger of the same God whom Jesus loved and served and called "Abba".

if Mohammad claimed only to be amessenger of Allah and in no way connected Allah to the Abrahamic tradition, that would be fine and not so much of an issue. but because Mohammad claims Allah as the same diety as the God described in the Bible, it is really worth examinging whether or not the two messages (of Jesus and Mohammad) talk about the same god, and what kind of message that god imparts to humanity through these respective men.

Great thought..the best reply i have read all day..makes my day:p...
For sure Both men Muhammed and Jesus..conveyed the same message...THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GODDDDDDD ...and they both were only the messangers of GOD...not the sons..and nothing like that..

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
The Jewish Zohar states: "[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"In the book of Rav Himnona it explains that the whole settled world spins around in a circle like a sphere. Some people are below and some people are above... and because of that, there is a place in the settled world, when it is light for some it is dark for others. For some it is day and for others it is night. And, there is a place where it is always day and it is never night, except for a very short period of time."

I expect you all to convert to Judaism by noon tomorrow. :takeabow:
[/FONT]

why_islam

The Jewish Zohar states: "[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"In the book of Rav Himnona it explains that the whole settled world spins around in a circle like a sphere. Some people are below and some people are above... and because of that, there is a place in the settled world, when it is light for some it is dark for others. For some it is day and for others it is night. And, there is a place where it is always day and it is never night, except for a very short period of time."[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]I expect you all to convert to Judaism by noon tomorrow. :takeabow:[/FONT]

The Zohar was written by a Spanish kabbalist named Moses de Leon towards the end of the 13th century

quran was written over 1400 years. ago....JusT THINK

Luminous

non-existential luminary
yes it can, there are hundreds of scientific facts in quran. oR KORAN. in ISLAM which are scientifically proven, for example the rotaion of the earth, the solar system, the birth, these facts were in quran abuot 1400 years ago. HOW do u explain it.
there is an example of it...

The Big Bang itself resulted from an extremely dense singularity. The creation of the universe is one of matter, space and time that are intimately linked together. Matter and space were joined as one and then were separated in the explosion. This is very accurately described in the Quran:
"Do not the unbelievers see that the skies (space) and the earth (matter) were joined together (as one unit of creation) and we ripped them apart?" The Quran, 21:30
please, don't flatter yourself... their are hundreds of scientific facts in The Little Red Ridding Hood.
:eek::sarcasticly: "my, what big teeth you have"; "the better to eat you with my dear!" (yes, teeth are so that we eat better; and this sentence from the little red ridding hood actually sounds less like giberish then that verse.)

Luminous

non-existential luminary
But you just said......THERE IS ONLY ONE TREE>.and we are all part of it...on different branches.
only GOD can see how many trees are and have been. we could only fathom the least number through scientific inquiry (right now it looks like one is the most likely possibility).

ayani

For sure Both men Muhammed and Jesus..conveyed the same message...THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GODDDDDDD ...and they both were only the messangers of GOD...not the sons..and nothing like that..

yes, both men taught that there is only one god.

both men claimed to be messengers of the one god they called people to come to know.

yet from this point onward, there's a lot to consider so far as differneces between what the texts central to Christianity and Islam say concerning the teachings and revelations of these men on their God / god, how one is to worship, how one is to treat one's neighbor, etc.

and i would disagree on the issue of Sonship, as well.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
"Do not the unbelievers see that the skies (space) and the earth (matter) were joined together (as one unit of creation) and we ripped them apart?" The Quran, 21:30
This passage actually reveals a great depth of philosophical insight by its author, but not for any reason having to do with science proving Islam or the "Big Bang." What a waste . . .

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Their message would hold the same weight as that of a priest of Apollo.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
The Zohar was written by a Spanish kabbalist named Moses de Leon towards the end of the 13th century

quran was written over 1400 years. ago....JusT THINK

prove it! :biglaugh: there is a tradition that the Zohar was transmitted 2000 years ago!

Luminous

non-existential luminary
doppelgänger;1370546 said:
This passage actually reveals a great depth of philosophical insight by its author, but not for any reason having to do with science proving Islam or the "Big Bang." What a waste . . .
:areyoucra: philosophical insight? could you please explain that giberish to me?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
We are to accept a book that was transmitted from an archangel to an illiterate Arab, but the Zohar was written in the middle ages? :sarcastic

smells like double standard.