• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is scientifically proven?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
:areyoucra: philosophical insight? could you please explain that giberish to me?
Sure. What our Islamic friend is ignoring is the last phrase "and we ripped them apart" - which is the significant part (the punch line if you will) of the passage. The ego (Allah, God the Creator) creates things by destroying unity, sewing divisiveness, and fragmenting the unitary substance of reality into objects for its own use and delight.

ayani

Their message would hold the same weight as that of a priest of Apollo.

i disagree.

on the basis of the testimony given about Jesus in the Biblical Gospels. that He, uniquely, healed the sick, cured the insane, made the lame walk, and raised the dead. He claimed that these powers were not the work of magic or tricks, but the work of the Spirit of God within and upon Him, the same God who had created the world, who now had sent Him, His unique Son, to teach and save all peoples.

the miracles were not the point. yet within the Gospels we see Jesus insist that what He does, He does because of what the Father has given Him to do. if all power on heaven and earth has been given to one Man (control over the elements, the power to heal and restore life) and not to another, then i would argue that the former man's testimony about His status as a prophet of the Living God would hold more weight.

Last edited:

Luminous

non-existential luminary
i disagree.

on the basis of the testimony given about Jesus in the Biblical Gospels. that He, uniquely, healed the sick, cured the insane, made the lame walk, and raised the dead. He claimed that these powers were not the work of magic or tricks, but the work of the Spirit of God within and upon Him, the same God who had created the world, who now had sent Him, His unique Son, to teach and save all peoples.

the miracles were not the point. yet within the Gospels we see Jesus insist that what He does, He does because of what the Father has given Him to do. if all power on heaven and earth has been given to one Man (control over the elements, the power to heal and restore life) and not to another, then i would argue that the former man's testimony about His status as a prophet of the Living God would hold more weight.
Oh, please... Imhotep 'did' the same things and you don't see me worshiping him(he wasn't a magical creature, his powers came from 'the gods'.) i don't worship merlin either.
But never mind; in any case: no religion has been scientifically proven or disproven. probably because its kinda impossible to prove/disprove any fairy tale/story.

Last edited:

ayani

Luminous, i was talking about Mohammad and Jesus, and previously, Jesus' testimony about Himself in light of a preist of Apollo. the texts i refered to are, primarily, the Gospel narratives and the Quran.

what you worship or choose not to worship based upon your own criteria for divine validity is, in part, up to you.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
and i don't know how many times to post this now

YouTube - Scientific Truths in The Qur'an: The Orbits

Just once is fine, thanks.

Okay... To sum up the video (plus a bit of info added from me):

- the mention in the Quran that the planets move in orbits is evidence that it is the word of God, despite the fact that Ptolemy and astronomers before him had already noted this and this would have been well-known to educated people in fourth-Century Arabia
- the claim that the Sun moves in an orbit is a reference to its movement around the galactic centre and isn't the more obvious alternative: a reference to the popular-at-the-time (though incorrect) concept of geocentrism
- a reference to the sky being "full of orbits" isn't just a reference to the planets, but was actually intended to address the movent of stars indistamt galaxies

I hope your other "scientific facts" are more compelling than this one.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Luminous, i was talking about Mohammad and Jesus, and previously, Jesus' testimony about Himself in light of a preist of Apollo. the texts i refered to are, primarily, the Gospel narratives and the Quran.

what you worship or choose not to worship based upon your own criteria for divine validity is, in part, up to you.
so jesus talks to you. o.k. well most christians i know believe the priests and some books. Apollo had books and prophesis and such. and he had priests.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Just once is fine, thanks.

Okay... To sum up the video (plus a bit of info added from me):

- the mention in the Quran that the planets move in orbits is evidence that it is the word of God, despite the fact that Ptolemy and astronomers before him had already noted this and this would have been well-known to educated people in fourth-Century Arabia
- the claim that the Sun moves in an orbit is a reference to its movement around the galactic centre and isn't the more obvious alternative: a reference to the popular-at-the-time (though incorrect) concept of geocentrism
- a reference to the sky being "full of orbits" isn't just a reference to the planets, but was actually intended to address the movent of stars indistamt galaxies

I hope your other "scientific facts" are more compelling than this one.
wow, wow wow. Arabs had words for 'orbits' back then? wow.
the sun's resting place. ok imbecoming less convinced as the video goes along.
Islam is not truth. its a religion. and Muhamudist islam is different from true submission to the will OF GOD.

Last edited:

Jonsul

Ehh....
I started a thread in the Creation vs. Evolution forum linking to creation evidence for those who asked.

Thanks

ayani

Just imagine the reverse: imagine a book written by a former Christian, where the once-Christian investigative journalist interviews a bunch of skeptics and asks them tough questions, but doesn't interview any Christians. Then he becomes a skeptic and titles the book 'The Case Against Christ'. What would you think?

well, plenty of stories like that do exist. a Christian begins talking with skeptics, and winds up convinced by their arguments, and loses his faith. many former preachers have gone that route, and left their stories. especially in light of the person of Jesus of Nazareth as recorded in the Gospels and understood in faith, it seems the desire to discredit, debunk, or otherwise prove unreliable is especially strong. such intense criticisms tend not to be leveled, at least in polular media, against Mahavira, the Buddha, Baha'u'llah, or Mani.

to go from skepticism to faith is where this book leads. actually, skepticism, an understanding of how his skeptical criticism breaks down in light of scholarship and history, and in the end, faith.

it's not the skepticism-to-less-skepticism that is the true breking point, but less-skepticism-to-personal-faith. general facts and evidences stand up for anyone to take note of objectively, but to move frm objective comprehension to personal faith is the truly meaningful step within the book, for me as i read it, at least.

Draka

Wonder Woman
This talk of apple trees is strange. Perhaps it would be better likened to literal paths. Try to think of it this way. There are all these different paths through this scenic beautiful land. Each path takes you through a different area of land. Winding and flowing in such a way to experience unique moments in your life. All these paths, no matter where they go through or what scenery they lend themselves to, all arrive and end at the exact same place. So just because our personal map may point us down a particular path it doesn't mean that it is any less valid a path to travel than any other. Especially since they all have the same destination anyway.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
This talk of apple trees is strange. Perhaps it would be better likened to literal paths. Try to think of it this way. There are all these different paths through this scenic beautiful land. Each path takes you through a different area of land. Winding and flowing in such a way to experience unique moments in your life. All these paths, no matter where they go through or what scenery they lend themselves to, all arrive and end at the exact same place. So just because our personal map may point us down a particular path it doesn't mean that it is any less valid a path to travel than any other. Especially since they all have the same destination anyway.

Just another perspective that's all. Some people just can't see the wisdom of a tree I guess.:shrug::tribal2::tribal::tribal:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Just another perspective that's all. Some people just can't see the wisdom of a tree I guess.:shrug::tribal2::tribal::tribal:

I just thought that a different approach might be warranted to explain the simple idea of different strokes for different folks is all. He is just going to keep saying that apples are apples no matter what branch they come from...he's just not getting that that is basically the whole point. Just because they are on different branches doesn't mean they aren't of the same tree. Likewise, just because we are on different paths doesn't mean that we all don't have the same destination...we may just like different scenery is all.