• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should be made into a film?

ChickenProphet

Ormhäxan
Ahh I love Amano's artwork *_* He's one of the artists who inspires me, his watercolour works are so gorgeous (one of the mediums I work the most with).

Anyway back on topic XD

I was watching one of the Sinbad movies this afternoon and I was thinking. They should make another movie.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of David Hayter. Does he look the part as well?
He would be alright. By apparance, thier are a few better choices, such as Hugh Jackman, but not even he has a voice worthy of beign Solid Snake.

Ðanisty

He would be alright. By apparance, thier are a few better choices, such as Hugh Jackman, but not even he has a voice worthy of beign Solid Snake.
Well, it's not all about appearance. As long as he'd pass for Snake, I'm happy. I don't think I'd like Hugh Jackman in that role at all.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Ðanisty;818051 said:
:bow: OMG, you are an Elric fan!!!!!!! *Ðanisty glomps Mystic* I love you! It seems like nobody has any idea who Elric is. You should check out www.multiverse.org. That is Michael Moorcock's site and forum and the most awesome thing about it is that he participates all the time. I've actually had conversations with him on the forum before. It's really awesome. So guess what, there is going to be an Elric movie! Here, check out this part of the site:

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Another Elric fan here! I love all of the Eternal Champion stuff. I think I actually liked the Corum books slightly better than Elric, though. Anyway, I have most of them I think (and all of the Elric ones).

James

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Well, it was always said that Lord of the Rings couldn't ever be made into a movie, and Peter Jackson found a way to make it into one spectacular trilogy.

So, now I'm putting out the challenge for the next Hobbit-like man (like Jackson is) to see if they can put The Silmarillion onto the big screen.

That's my big vote.

Then someone ought to put all the chronicles of Elric into a film version! :)

Peace,
Mystic
I'm going with Heather. Silmarillian would be one of my top choices. :bow:

The one at the top of my wish list is THUNDERCATS!!

I also wouldn't mind seeing a decent Dragon ball Z movie.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm going with Heather. Silmarillian would be one of my top choices. :bow:

The one at the top of my wish list is THUNDERCATS!!

I also wouldn't mind seeing a decent Dragon ball Z movie.

Hey, that female Thundercat was totally hot, wasn't she? ;)

And back to the Sil, whoever would put it onto film I think would have to take a real visionary.......someone who understands that this story is told from the eyes of Elves and not Hobbits, so maybe I need to rethink my suggestion of a Jackson-like director in charge. LOL

I'd be a wreck whenever they would get to the story of Beren and Luthien. I get choked up just thinking about it. :sad4: :eek:

Peace,
Mystic

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
MysticSang'ha said:
Hey, that female Thundercat was totally hot, wasn't she? ;)
I dunno......I don't dig blondes. :p

MysticSang'ha said:
And back to the Sil, whoever would put it onto film I think would have to take a real visionary.......someone who understands that this story is told from the eyes of Elves and not Hobbits, so maybe I need to rethink my suggestion of a Jackson-like director in charge. LOL

I'd be a wreck whenever they would get to the story of Beren and Luthien. I get choked up just thinking about it.
I don't think you need to rethink your choice. I'm pretty sure Jackson has read the Silmaril quite thoroughly. But I doubt we'll see Jackson make any of Tolkein's work into films anytime soon, unless there is some major boycotting. :(

Although, I doubt it would be made into a movie anyways, seeing as there is so much content.

Of course I could be wrong.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I don't think you need to rethink your choice. I'm pretty sure Jackson has read the Silmaril quite thoroughly. But I doubt we'll see Jackson make any of Tolkein's work into films anytime soon, unless there is some major boycotting.

I know, what with the whole legal uproar concerning The Hobbit. :(

Although, I doubt it would be made into a movie anyways, seeing as there is so much content.

Of course I could be wrong.

Well........they could make it into a series of movies. ;)

But, yeah, it's content is so dense that when I read it, I had to go back and read the same page a few times before I felt that I digested it properly. LOL

Peace,
Mystic

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
MysticSang'ha said:
I know, what with the whole legal uproar concerning The Hobbit. :(
That's such a bummer isn't it? I hear that New Line wants Sam Raimi to direct it. I doubt though, that they'll get Ian McKellan to reprise his role of Gandalf without Jackson at the helm.

MysticSang'ha said:
Well........they could make it into a series of movies. ;)

But, yeah, it's content is so dense that when I read it, I had to go back and read the same page a few times before I felt that I digested it properly. LOL
They could do that! I wonder how many movies it would take to get everything in there?

And yeah the content is dense. I had to use illustrated cliffnotes! Which was a book in itself.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I'd be a wreck whenever they would get to the story of Beren and Luthien. I get choked up just thinking about it. :sad4: :eek:

Peace,
Mystic

My favourite has always been the tale of the children of Hurin (I know it was kind of disjointedly partly in the Silmarilion and partly in Unfinished Tales and took some reconstructing, but still - a real tragedy in the Shakespearean sense). That would make a fantastic film in its own right, and now that Christopher Tolkien has published it as a finished work, it might even be possible (though I haven't yet read it).

James

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
A decent version of Stephen King's IT would be nice instead of the half-assed effort that was made back in the 90's.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
A decent version of any Stephen King movie would be nice. They always do ****-poor job of recreatin his stuff. The best so far was Dreamcatcher and that needed work.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Well, it was always said that Lord of the Rings couldn't ever be made into a movie, and Peter Jackson found a way to make it into one spectacular trilogy.

So, now I'm putting out the challenge for the next Hobbit-like man (like Jackson is) to see if they can put The Silmarillion onto the big screen.

I'd like to see any of the Pern stories put on film. Jackson proved with LOTR that this is now possible.

Ðanisty

Another Elric fan here! I love all of the Eternal Champion stuff. I think I actually liked the Corum books slightly better than Elric, though. Anyway, I have most of them I think (and all of the Elric ones).

James
*Ðanisty glomps James too* That sure was an unexpected similarity in taste...lol! I have the first Corum book but I haven't read it yet. My husband really liked it though.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

That's my big vote.

Peace,
Mystic

Mmmmm.... Silmarilion :drool:

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Im not so much interested in seeing the silmarillion as I am the hobbit and particularly the five army war. Thats what I want to see, some dwarves in action.

Aqualung

Tasty
Ender's Game. On the other hand, this could be made into a very BAD movie, and I wouldn't want it to ruin the book.

Aqualung

Tasty
A decent version of any Stephen King movie would be nice. They always do ****-poor job of recreatin his stuff. The best so far was Dreamcatcher and that needed work.

I think they're pretty good when King himself directs, like The Shining (although the Kubric version was good too) and The Stand.