• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What should be made into a film?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Clive Barker's Tapping The Vein.
Tapping the Vein is a collected graphic novel of horror stories. I would especially like to see the short story "In The Hills, The Cities" realized to film.

From Wikipedia
In the Hills, the Cities
Two gay men, Mick and Judd, go on a romantic but strained vacation in Yugoslavia. In an isolated rural area, there happens an astounding event: two entire cities, Popolac and Podujevo, create massive communal creatures by binding together the bodies of their citizens, many thousands of people walking as the body of a single giant, as tall as a skyscraper. It's a ritual that occurs every ten years, but this time, things go wrong, and the Podujevo giant collapses, killing tens of thousands horribly. Mick and Judd come upon the smashed bodies of Podujevo and a ravine awash with blood, but at first do not see the City of Popolac walking behind nearby hills. Meanwhile, in shock, the entire population of Popolac goes mad, and in losing their individual minds actually become the giant they are strapped into. Popolac wanders the hills aimlessly. By nightfall many of the people who made up the giant die from exhaustion, but still it walks. Mick and Judd are told the truth about the giants by a local man who tried to steal their car, catch up with Popolac and reason with it before it collapses and destroys the people who compose it. But Mick and Judd at first do not believe his story. They seek shelter at a remote farm, but Popolac blunders right into the farmhouse that night. Its giant foot kills Judd by accident. The elderly farm couple who see Popolac go crazy with fear. Mick, seeing Popolac, goes insane too, but wants to join Popolac. He climbs up the tower of ropes and bodies, and is carried away as it walks into the hills to its fate. The story was written just a few years before Yugoslavia tore itself apart in civil war.
This story is often cited by critics as the best story in The Books of Blood.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Will Eisner's A Contract With GOD

From Wikipedia
The work consists of four short stories — "Cookalein", "The Super", "The Street Singer", and "A Contract With God" — all set in a Bronx tenement in the 1930s, with the first story also taking place at a summer getaway for Jews. The stories are semi-autobiographical, with Eisner drawing heavily on his own childhood experiences as well as those of his contemporaries. Utilizing his talents for expressive lettering and cartoonish figures, he links the narratives by the common setting and the common theme of immigrant and first-generation experiences, across cultures.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Joseph Michael Lisner's "Dawn"

cardero

Citizen Mod
Riding off the heels of the current Transformer toy franchise a "Micronauts" movie would be interesting if done well and could help relaunch the toy line that Marty Abrams (former vice president of Mego Toys) plans on releasing in late 2008.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Ender's Game. On the other hand, this could be made into a very BAD movie, and I wouldn't want it to ruin the book.
Good idea. Ender's Game would be fantastic. Any good book can be made into an awful film, though, so I'm not sure you need to add the caveat - it goes without saying.

Hyperion or the Song of Ice and Fire series; more likely the former because ASoIaF is way too long.
Hyperion would be great too. I don't know the other one. Who wrote it?

One series that I would love to see turned into films (but you certainly would need three mammoth LOTR type ones to do it justice) is the Night's Dawn trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton (even my brother loved those and he's not usually an SF fan).

On a rather different note (though still SF), I think The Sparrow and Children of God by Mary Doria Russell would work well, too.

James