• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the world needs now is peace: all wars must stop

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It's really in our hearts, the desire for peace, and we should terminate all ongoing wars, today.

Politics and diplomacy are the instruments of settling international controversies - war is an outdated destructive solution, a vicious circle of hatred that will never end.

Tell me your stance. How can we avoid war?
;)
As any human who has been alive and aware for any length of time knows, our hearts and desires don't very often deliver up what we want. We're taught from childhood that you can't always get what you want. Just not the way things work.

Politics and diplomacy have their uses, but they don't work if one side or the other isn't playing. (Same with war, actually. If Ukraine had decided not to fight back, Russia would have won on day one and it would all be over, with Ukraine just another part of Putin's empire). Diplomacy has precisely zero chance if one side won't sit at the table, or won't bargain in good faith.

So what you have so far is nothing but wishful thinking.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
But war can be also economic war. Sanctions, like sanctions on Russia.
There's no need of killing people. We have returned to the animalistic notion of war...that is the jungle law, where animals kill one another for the the territory.
Darwin forgot to say that some people can return to the animal stage.
Well, if we're going to broaden our understanding of "war" beyond armed conflicts to include basically any sort of conflict (whether or not it is armed) between humans (e.g., economic "war")... that doesn't improve the situation it makes your request even more impossible. Though I don't have a clue what you're on about with "returned to animalistic notion of war" - humans are animals. And quite frankly, they are the most violent, vicious, murderous animal this planet has on it. That's why humans more or less have to go in order to get rid of war.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What about compromise?

Depends on the nature of the conflict.
Suppose I kidnap your daughter and then continuously attack your home to try and kidnap your son too.
Would you "compromise" and let me keep your daughter in exchange for stopping to kidnap your son?

You know...vengeance is what animals do. Retaliation is when people stop thinking.
That's the banality of evil.

There's a difference between "vengeance" and "justice" also, off course.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Yet so it shall be; these fruitless strifes, these ruinous wars shall pass away, and the “Most Great Peace” shall come.

Regards Tony

Madsaac

I think breaking down the 'borders' will ultimately help us accept and understand others.

Europe, as you mentioned is an example of this.

The world is getting smaller and I think that's a good thing. Technology and ease of communication will only continue to help us understand different people better.

Another example of the world getting smaller is migration, if you mix with different people, you learn to respect them.

In the old days, it was hard to know what your neighbour was like, and they may have only lived a hundred miles away.

Ignorance can be lessened and respect gained through understanding.

Maninthemiddle

It's really in our hearts, the desire for peace, and we should terminate all ongoing wars, today.

Politics and diplomacy are the instruments of settling international controversies - war is an outdated destructive solution, a vicious circle of hatred that will never end.

;)
If you put 100 people of different cultures and classes in a prison and take away the guards will they live in harmony.
The strong will take from the weak, the weak would do the same if they had the power, they will kill to maintain their power.
The answer is compassion and a complete eradication of desire and materialism.

Good luck with that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well, if we're going to broaden our understanding of "war" beyond armed conflicts to include basically any sort of conflict (whether or not it is armed) between humans (e.g., economic "war")... that doesn't improve the situation it makes your request even more impossible. Though I don't have a clue what you're on about with "returned to animalistic notion of war" - humans are animals. And quite frankly, they are the most violent, vicious, murderous animal this planet has on it. That's why humans more or less have to go in order to get rid of war.
I tell you an anecdote.
My cousin had a baby duck, she had bought.
She used to keep it inside a sort of box where it used to sleep. But she had a big cat too. In the night the cat killed that poor baby duck.
Why did he do that? Because he was jealous that his owner would spend so much time with the duck.

Animals are territorial and do terrible things to innocent beings but don't understand how cruel they are.

We humans can understand it. Or at least ...I do. Many human beings don't understand it, because they haven't evolved from the animal stage.
Hence wars for territorial reasons.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

;)

Can avoid wars by choice leaders had mentality of peace.
Maybe Trump one of them with Ukraine/Russia,but with Israel/Arabs don't think he could because AIPAC bigger than him.