• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the world needs now is peace: all wars must stop

Altfish

Veteran Member
This is about all wars.
I asked you whether Argentinians should have yielded in the possession of Islas Malvinas.
It is like Gibraltar, the UK have no right to rule those places. BUT, you don't claim them back by force, Argentina invaded, UK was right to protect the local residents and reclaim the island.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Interesting.
In the Kosovar War, NATO were the invaders or the invaded?
Just asking. ;)
In Kosovo, the Milosevic regime was the aggressor, committing war crime after war crime, for which he was eventually apprehended and convicted in Den Haag for crimes against humanity.

NATO went in to put an end to the aggression by UN mandate to implement UN Security Council resolution 1244.

No, they were not an invading force. They went in, with UN mandate, to put an end to war crimes, as per resolution 1244.

We've been over this already. You ignored it every time. And I figure you will ignore it again this time.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It is like Gibraltar, the UK have no right to rule those places. BUT, you don't claim them back by force, Argentina invaded, UK was right to protect the local residents and reclaim the island.
What if you realized that the local residents of Donbas want to stay with Russia because they are disgusted by the impious élites that colonized Ukraine?
Would you respect their desire, or would you spit on it by saying: "No, Ukraine must win, so I couldn't care less about those Donbas people"?
;)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What if you realized that the local residents of Donbas want to stay with Russia because they are disgusted by the impious élites that colonized Ukraine?
Would you respect their desire, or would you spit on it by saying: "No, Ukraine must win, so I couldn't care less about those Donbas people"?
;)
This is not the case, regardless of Russian propaganda.

Having said that, if there are people there that would rather live under Russian rule, they are (or were) free to move to Russia.
Why must the sovereign territory of a nation be threatened for such?

And please, let's not pretend as if eastern Ukraine conquest was the goal of the Russian aggression invasion.
If that were the case, their tanks wouldn't have attempted to roll into Kiev and they wouldn't have attacked from Belarus trying to take Kiev.

Is your memory this short term that you only remember the last 5 weeks?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In Kosovo, the Milosevic regime was the aggressor, committing war crime after war crime, for which he was eventually apprehended and convicted in Den Haag for crimes against humanity.

NATO went in to put an end to the aggression by UN mandate to implement UN Security Council resolution 1244.

No, they were not an invading force. They went in, with UN mandate, to put an end to war crimes, as per resolution 1244.

We've been over this already. You ignored it every time. And I figure you will ignore it again this time.
Perfectly said.
So NATO invaded Serbia to save Kosovars.

Same thing as for Russia. She invaded Ukraine to save Donbas people from that evil regime in Kiev.

Thank you for clarifying.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
It's really in our hearts, the desire for peace, and we should terminate all ongoing wars, today.

Politics and diplomacy are the instruments of settling international controversies - war is an outdated destructive solution, a vicious circle of hatred that will never end.

Tell me your stance. How can we avoid war?
;)

Has there ever been a time or era when people or any living species didn't fight for land, food, dominance, for mating rights, or to protect their young and families? Self preservation is instinctual and I'm not sure there's much we can do about it. Diplomacy works sometimes when - win wins can be negotiated., but how often is that?

My stance? I'm a peace loving man. I desire more peaceful relations. I don't enjoy the fighting or the thought of war and violence, but I'm also practical and observant (most of the time). I try to keep my boots close, either way.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Has there ever been a time or era when people or any living species didn't fight for land, food, dominance, for mating rights, or to protect their young and families?
Yes. In a golden age, where people were pure.
Of course this is a metaphor to explain that we as human beings can evolve into more perfect beings.
For instance...there are chaste and pure monks...whereas there are mass murderers.
Humans have all different degrees of evolution.
Self preservation is instinctual and I'm not sure there's much we can do about it. Diplomacy works sometimes when - win wins can be negotiated., but how often is that?
Heidegger would say that this "self-preservation" is the most pointless thing ever, because it's what animals have.
Animals are not aware that they will die someday so they are desperate for self-preservation.
We have that awareness. Which makes us different than animals.
My stance? I'm a peace loving man. I desire more peaceful relations. I don't enjoy the fighting or the thought of war and violence, but I'm also practical and observant (most of the time). I try to keep my boots close, either way.
I favor peace by demanding that both belligerent parties gather and find a compromise.
I will not rest until they do.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Perfectly said.
So NATO invaded Serbia to save Kosovars.

Same thing as for Russia. She invaded Ukraine to save Donbas people from that evil regime in Kiev.

Thank you for clarifying.
And just like I predicted, you again spread the same lies and ignore what was actually said.
NATO did not invade. NATO did not went on a solo mission.
NATO carried out a UN security council resolution with UN mandate.

I don't remember Russia having any UN mandate.
I don't remember any UN Security Council resolution.

You have it exactly backward.
If you insist on comparing these two situations, then Russia's Putin is the equivalent of Milosevic who went into Ukraine to conquer and destroy Ukrainians like Milosevic's forces went into Kosovo to conquer and destroy Kosovarians.

Consequently, I DO remember arrest warrents for Putin, just like for Milosevic, to bring him to trial in Den Haag for crimes against humanity in this conflict.

:shrug:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
But I would be glad to answer your "what if" questions because I am in good faith. I don't fear challenging.
;)
"in good faith", like when you are comparing UN mandated peace keeping missions to implement Security Council resolutions to act against an aggressor who is committing war crimes to invading a country without such mandate and without such security council resolutions WHILE committing war crimes??????

You are such a (bad) joke.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
"in good faith", like when you are comparing UN mandated peace keeping missions to implement Security Council resolutions to act against an aggressor who is committing war crimes to invading a country without such mandate and without such security council resolutions WHILE committing war crimes??????

You are such a (bad) joke.
The UN has applied double standards multiple times so their credibility is pretty low in my view. :)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's really in our hearts, the desire for peace, and we should terminate all ongoing wars, today.

Politics and diplomacy are the instruments of settling international controversies - war is an outdated destructive solution, a vicious circle of hatred that will never end.

Tell me your stance. How can we avoid war?
;)
Easy. The nations agree to stay within their UN mandated borders and we will have world peace.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The UN has applied double standards multiple times so their credibility is pretty low in my view. :)
Haha.

Right, right.....

The EU, NATO, the UN, the international human rights court of Den Haag,....... all are "corrupt" and none are "credible".
And meanwhile, Russia is the end-all, be-all of honesty, transparency and the sole upholder of human rights.

Uhu. :rolleyes:

It's hard to argue with a mind like yours.
So far gone, I don't think there's any point.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Yes. In a golden age, where people were pure.
Of course this is a metaphor to explain that we as human beings can evolve into more perfect beings.
For instance...there are chaste and pure monks...whereas there are mass murderers.
Humans have all different degrees of evolution.

Heidegger would say that this "self-preservation" is the most pointless thing ever, because it's what animals have.
Animals are not aware that they will die someday so they are desperate for self-preservation.
We have that awareness. Which makes us different than animals.

I favor peace by demanding that both belligerent parties gather and find a compromise.
I will not rest until they do.

Self-control is sometimes required in life, and it is often enough demanded from us. I think this is typical apart from hostilities, anyway. This does not negate the very real threats that are present in life, some of which we have absolutely no control over. I'm required to practice self control on a daily basis. Environment can be too toxic to simply go with reactionary instinct. The ***** about it is there is absolutely nothing I can do, but my best not to break. That or leave the environment that has become toxic, which I aim to do one day. It's not easy. People aren't always as forgiving or peaceful as we would like them to be. Until I'm able to leave, I'll continue to isolate and stay away from people who have an uncanny knack of grinding on the last of my sensitivities.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Haha.

Right, right.....

The EU, NATO, the UN, the international human rights court of Den Haag,....... all are "corrupt" and none are "credible".
And meanwhile, Russia is the end-all, be-all of honesty, transparency and the sole upholder of human rights.

Uhu. :rolleyes:

It's hard to argue with a mind like yours.
So far gone, I don't think there's any point.
When Benelux is free from the globalist banking cabal...I will consider them reliable.
;)

Altfish

Veteran Member
;)
I didn't want to be part of a Tory UK, and wanted to be taken over by Scotland, doesn't mean that it is ok for Scotland to invade England.