• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the world needs now is peace: all wars must stop

Altfish

Veteran Member
Because London treated Scots with kindness and state aid.

Kiev treated Donbas people with persecution, isolation, boycotting, and mass arrests. ;)
Oh, so invasion is ok then.
Talk to many Scots they do not think London (I notice you used that place, not Manchester or Leeds) treated them well. 'Kindness' is certainly not a word they'd use.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not what Putin claimed.
Because the thought police in your country only pick some sentences from Putin.

Most of the Russian material is forbidden there. I mean..they wanted to punish Carlson just for interviewing Putin. ;)

Perhaps your Russian is better than his?
No...it's just that in my country everything Putin says is available.
You just sided with invasion.
So you favor war.
You just oppose defense (IMO).
When you say "US did wrong in invading Iraq"... I will say Russia did wrong. ;)
Not before then.
Humbleness and self-criticism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because the thought police in your country only pick some sentences from Putin.
Says one who laps up Russian propaganda.
Most of the Russian material is forbidden there. I mean..they wanted to punish Carlson just for interviewing Putin. ;)

No...it's just that in my country everything Putin says is available.

When you say "US did wrong in invading Iraq"... I will say Russia did wrong. ;)
Not before then.
Humbleness and self critism.
USA has far more free speech than you do in Italy.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It's really in our hearts, the desire for peace, and we should terminate all ongoing wars, today.

Politics and diplomacy are the instruments of settling international controversies - war is an outdated destructive solution, a vicious circle of hatred that will never end.

Tell me your stance. How can we avoid war?
;)

Why do you think people go to war? I mean why start a war?

I suspect the bottom line is it is financially beneficial to someone.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Says one who laps up Russian propaganda.

USA has far more free speech than you do in Italy.
Only if you speak of determined people.
But nobody gags you as they do in US universities.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Why do you think people go to war? I mean why start a war?

I suspect the bottom line is it is financially beneficial to someone.
Billions gained from the sale of weapons.
Yes. They sacrifice millions of soldiers at the altar of the money god.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Deflecting from claims about news media
to claims about universities, eh.
There was a time when ancient kings used to go to the battlefield and fight together with their own army.
Leonidas the Spartan king died on the battlefield.

Those were men.
Not like today...where leaders stay sound and safe and demand that others go to die, so they can earn BILLIONS from war, especially if they have stakes in the warfare industry.
Not to mention squalid cases of leaders who wear sexy military outfits to make the gullible believe that they go fight on the battlefield.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
So like what are the peaceful ways that all people can live so that war can be averted? What's going to make all humans peaceful?

Make nation/government power less attractive to the arrogant, ambitious and the foolhardy. Government power is only meant to serve all its people. It's not meant for oppressive empire building. Power with principle! Take the self interest out of it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There was a time when ancient kings used to go to the battlefield and fight together with their own army.
Leonidas the Spartan king died on the battlefield.

Those were men.
Not like today...where leaders stay sound and safe and demand that others go to die, so they can earn BILLIONS from war, especially if they have stakes in the warfare industry.
Not to mention squalid cases of leaders who wear sexy military outfit to make the gullible believe that they go fight on the battlefield.
I'm not surprised that your idea of a man
is one who personally fights & kills.

BTW, in a modern war, leaders should
be planning & managing....not fighting.
Different skills. Also, when one attempts
2 jobs simultaneously, they'll be less
focused & skilled on each than they
otherwise would.
But I don't read Russian (anymore), so
what do I know, eh.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Let's all just be happy with what we have and go home.

Oh, wait....

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm not surprised that your idea of a man
is one who personally fights & kills.

BTW, in a modern war, leaders should
be planning & managing....not fighting.
Different skills. Also, when one attempts
2 jobs simultaneously, they'll be less
focused & skilled on each than they
otherwise would.
But I don't read Russian (anymore), so
what do I know, eh.
Do you consider yourself an élite?
You probably do if you think that you deserve to live, whereas others (inferiors, commoners) deserve to die in a war that you want to be fought.

If I believed a war is just, I would fight in it, and I would die in it. As queen Boudica against the Romans.
Death doesn't scare me at all.
If i were a leader, I would be hypocritical to stay sound and safe in a luxurious lounge, while demanding that my army goes to the steppe to die in a war.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
It's really in our hearts, the desire for peace, and we should terminate all ongoing wars, today.

Politics and diplomacy are the instruments of settling international controversies - war is an outdated destructive solution, a vicious circle of hatred that will never end.

Tell me your stance. How can we avoid war?
;)
Peace would be wonderful, but I don’t think there will be peace as long the human sin issue is not dealt with and people and nations continue to reject the Prince of Peace; Jesus Christ.
I am afraid at some point though people will become so desperate for peace and security that the promises of the antichrist/ world leader will be accepted …

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Peace would be wonderful, but I don’t think there will be peace as long the human sin issue is not dealt with and people and nations continue to reject the Prince of Peace; Jesus Christ.
I am afraid at some point though people will become so desperate for peace and security that the promises of the antichrist/ world leader will be accepted …
Too many believe that Hell doesn't exist so they keep planning mass murders, mass killings through bombs and so on...
They don't understand that God is a just judge, and angels shall come forth and sever the wicked from among the just.

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-4
They don't even believe in Heaven and Hell.

MonkeyFire

There should be both war and peace. War need temperance, eliminate, suffering, and harm, and prophecy amongst the angels of the out come of war. Then their has to be a perfect believer who can be perfect and win certainly in a fight, against the beast.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So like what are the peaceful ways that all people can live so that war can be averted? What's going to make all humans peaceful?
Evolution. It is slow.
But it is happening. In Europe. Two centuries ago people would have been convinced that war is a just thing.
Now if you are a leader and talk about war, the people and the army can assault the palaces, and dethrone you in five seconds.
Make nation/government power less attractive to the arrogant, ambitious and the foolhardy. Government power is only meant to serve all its people. It's not meant for oppressive empire building. Power with principle! Take the self interest out of it.
There's a solution: make the salary of president very low. Like the salary of a high school teacher.
You will see how many banal, dull and greedy people will renounce politics. :)

MonkeyFire

When someone tells me the the usefulness, the utility of war...
well...I will believe it's inevitable. ;)

War is a living thing, amd it has must have the right to fight for its own existence, as it desires to be who it is. As the faithful pacifist rule the sky’s.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
War is a living thing, amd it has must have the right to fight for its own existence, as it desires to be who it is. As the faithful pacifist rule the sky’s.
It's like saying the word metal is a living thing.
Not it is not. Science shows metals are made of atoms and don't have living cells. :)