• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Went back to see Kick *** 2 again. Love it, and love free movies haha. Might have to go once more, it's so rare I enjoy movies.

Titanic

Family Guy something something darkside. I wish Seth would make a big budget Family Guy movie. He has stated he has a plot for one, so maybe one day...

Titanic

I finally decided to watch Kick *** 2, after hearing all the ruckus about it. Meh it was alright, nothing more and nothing less. It was better than the first I will give it that much.

apophenia

Elysium.

If the name itself doesn't give you a clue ... it's about asylum seekers. Though lots of reviews I read seemed to miss that entirely.

It's also about the 1%.

And about how anyone from the west looks like the !% to someone from Afghanistan or Sudan.

It's all that in the context of a science fiction about the super wealthy living on a huge space station, clearly visible from earth. Yet another William Gibson theme 30 years later ... the Tessier-Ashpools and the Villa Straylight (from Neuromancer) clearly inspired this.

Apart from the committee-designed heroic ending (can't leave the audience depressed - bad for business), all in all a thought provoking metaphor, where the concept of who are the good guys and who are the terrorist threat gets turned on its head.

Brilliant.

biased

They Live (1988).

It's a horror/comedy/action film about someone who puts on sunglasses that tunes him into a 1984-esque reality that humanity is unaware of unless you are part of the resistance group.

It's also just as relevant today as a political commentary as it was when it came out. Perhaps even more so. I believe this is one of the films where John Carpenter established himself as a well respected director too.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Kate Winslet is better.

I lost faith in her after watching Titanic. She was good in Contagion, though.

But, seriously, The Reader: the novel is much better than the movie. You see the character development of Hanna (Winslet) in a finer way; the book also addresses the foundations of why and what is going on. The movie left too many important things out and to me seemed to have an agenda. It didn't stay true to the book. No movie really does, though.

Titanic

मैत्रावरुणिः;3462831 said:
I lost faith in her after watching Titanic. She was good in Contagion, though.

But, seriously, The Reader: the novel is much better than the movie. You see the character development of Hanna (Winslet) in a finer way; the book also addresses the foundations of why and what is going on. The movie left too many important things out and to me seemed to have an agenda. It didn't stay true to the book. No movie really does, though.

What is so bad about Titanic?