• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Knight of Albion

Kind Hearts and Coronets

1949. A classic of British cinema. Lead actor Alec Guinness plays eight different characters.
A black comedy with a marvellous final twist.

NoraSariah

मैत्रावरुणिः;3477527 said:
The movie should be banned along with the book. In fact, it's insulting to RF to even bring up the Twilight series. It's a crime against humanity. The author should be charged with high crimes against literature. :)

Meh. I like Twilight, so I don't care.

Eclipse.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I watched Troy.

I thought it was pretty okay. Brad Pitt and Eric Bana were good. Orlando Bloom was good, but played an annoying character. I really liked Rose Byrne's portrayal of Briseis, although I felt bad for her for most of the film. A lot of the kings were great actors, like Sean Bean, Brian Cox, and Brendan Gleeson.

Some parts were kind of corny, but overall I enjoyed it.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I watched Zero Dark Thirty, the controversial movie that follows the career of a young CIA agent as she works for about a decade to find bin Laden, and also shows the Navy Seal Team and other CIA agents.

I thought it was very good, and was particularly impressed by Jessica Chastain who played the main character. She's going to be one of the main characters of Christopher Nolan's upcoming Interstellar, which I'm looking forward to, and now that I've seen her in a movie I'm sure she'll be perfect for it.

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I watched Troy.

I thought it was pretty okay. Brad Pitt and Eric Bana were good. Orlando Bloom was good, but played an annoying character. I really liked Rose Byrne's portrayal of Briseis, although I felt bad for her for most of the film. A lot of the kings were great actors, like Sean Bean, Brian Cox, and Brendan Gleeson.

Some parts were kind of corny, but overall I enjoyed it.

Have you read The Illiad? The Robert Fagles edition?