• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

The gifted hands

I was not fond on Korean movies but really, this one is wonderful. Just watch it.

Matemkar

Sineh Sorkh (Red Robin), a great movie on christian and muslim solidarity based on their belief of resurrection..

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Gravity.

It was pretty to look at and had some excellent tension, but could have done without Sandra Bullock's overacting.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
These were some of the movies I watched during the recent holiday:

Iron Sky (2012)
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)
Cloud Atlas (2012)
The Ninth Gate (1999)
TRON: Legacy (2010)
Oz the Great and Powerful (2013)

World War Z. Well, I'm not a fan of the Zombie franchise but this one was a pretty good movie. Typical though that a bunch of undisciplined Jewish and Muslim hippies singing about world peace spelled the end for the Holy Land ;p

And yeap it was a movie list intended mostly for fun.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
The new Great Gatsby.

It was weird. I wasn't a huge fan of the correlation it made between rap music and that era. Actor-wise, I love DiCaprio. McGuire, not my favorite. Story-wise, I was ****** that an otherwise obviously brilliant man wasted such love and faithfulness on an undeserving woman. But it definitely kept my attention. I was curious till the end.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Oh my gosh. I watched the worst movies the last two nights.

Sunday night I watched "Battlefield Earth". It was like a made-for-TV movie, only with John Travolta. I have never seen worse acting. The plot was laughable. We had to watch it to the end. Apparently it was an adaptation of an Ron L. Hubbard book, hence the attraction for the bigger name actors. We looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes and it got a 2%. A 2%! I haven't ever seen a movie rated that low, but if one deserved it, it was definitely this.

Last night was Wes Craven's "The People Under the Stairs". It's an early 90's horror movie (what's not to love?). Apparently, there's a whole lot not to love. It was basically Home Alone meets Mother Dearest/Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The movie ended, strangely, with a poor vs rich/ black vs white victory scene, while the survivors of the house of horrors are completely ignored. The dog also gets killed. Stupid movie.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
ENG is in my top 5 animated movies. Heck, it's probably number 2, after the Lion King. I love it.
There's nothing I particularly like or dislike about it. I saw it years ago and now it's on Netflix so I watched it again. Actually I think Kronk is kind of hilarious but other than that there's not much that draws me in.

I could probably list about 20 animated movies I specifically like better even though there's nothing really wrong with this one.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
There's nothing I particularly like or dislike about it. I saw it years ago and now it's on Netflix so I watched it again. Actually I think Kronk is kind of hilarious but other than that there's not much that draws me in.

I could probably list about 20 animated movies I specifically like better even though there's nothing really wrong with this one.

Blasphemy!