• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Was just watching the 2005 King Kong but didn't finish it. It was cool watching Kong beat the **** out of some T-Rexs but I got tired of watching people get killed by large animals; that's just not really that entertaining.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Godzilla (2014)

I've never been a big fan of Godzilla in general, but this movie was freakin' amazing!

My only real complaint? Not enough Bryan Cranston.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
New Godzilla

Awesome movie. I love how every single move of the beasts caused mass chaos to the humans and they handled it how I'd picture it being handled in real life. I also like its character development that proves it's about the human POV and not just about the monsters (well, it is but not monster POV i guess).

The only thing wrong with it is: the final fight wasn't as huge as I wanted it to be. It started out like every single step of the enemy (does anyone know the name of the other two monsters species) would cause electric pulses and at the end it was just a BOOM! POW! CLASH! (batman reference) I would've liked to see something huge, near apocalyptic from the final fight.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It was a good action movie if you're not looking for too much story. I liked SuperBucky.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Inspired by the thread? :D

This weekend I saw two movies that were based on Jack Kerouac books, Big Sur and On the Road, they were both good, interesting and had no obvious plot line, which I think means they stuck to the books relatively accurately. I haven't read the books, but watching these movies makes me want to give them a read.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Godzilla(2014). Being a hardcore Gojira fan I cried when I heard it was being rebooted with my favorite director Gareth Edwards(love Monsters). When I saw this in theaters it had so many vividly stunning scenes and the fact that a lot of the kaiju fighting was shown in human perspective made it seem so epic for the large scale of it

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I watched The Purge, it was alright I guess.
The Lone Ranger I didn't think was as bad as I have heard.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I saw Captain Americastan, The Winter Soldier last week.
Great violence & destruction, with a better story than I ever expected them to wring from this franchise.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Watched it for the second time. Favorite quote "Beautiful things don't ask for attention."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
God Bless America, and god it's such a funny movie, especially when they shoot up a WBC-like group and through their Fred Phelps-like leader off a cliff. And it was awesome when they shot up an American Idol-like show. And I loved the scene where Roxy (who is played by a girl who used to be a kid Disney actor) went on about how great Alice Cooper is. And the part where they shot an O'Reilly-like guy, because he is just plain mean to people, was pretty funny too.