• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was the first sin ever committed ?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That is a surprisingly thoughtless, if not stupid, question to ask a Jewish RF member. :)
The citation you are objecting to was part of a sarcastic ridicule of this belief as totally ridiculous mythical synario believed as the dominant view in Christianity.. It was a legitimate sarcastic question considering the insanity of your line of reasoning.

It is surprisingly thoughtless, if not unterly stupid for you to make an annal issue of this, That is why I asked the question.

It is surprisingly thoughtless of you to approach this dialogue in this manner and resort to nit picking grammar fallacy instead of addressing the references provided.

idea

Question Everything
There seems to be a lot of varying answers on this so I was curious what people here think it would be.

People make a lot of mistakes, but are innocent through ignorance of sin. Our mistakes are the result of incomplete knowledge, imperfect environments and imperfect genetic makeup. Just as child is treated differently in the courts, we can all be considered children.

Only an all-knowing being is capable of sin.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sin = deliberate disloyalty to God. This could have occurred on other inhabited worlds in other systems before our solar system ever existed.

In the Israelites creation story, one may notice that the "crafty beast" was already fallen when he approached Eve who sinned before Adam.

Since Cain feared people out in the world away from his own tribe we can deduce that the world was old and already populated when Adam and Eve arrived as (2) full grown adults who spoke the language of the crafty beast.
I believe it does appear that non-Adamic people had moral codes. Perhaps some of them are obvious.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Academics doesn't mean much. A person can study mythology and that would be academics also. The fact is that teachers are not required to be factual or even reasonable.
As with all of us, your are characterized by what you demean as much as by what you value.