• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What were you for Halloween (PICS)?

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Quoth_The _Raven said:
Yep...so do some adults, and they get paid vast sums of money for it. We call them actors where I come from.
Geeze mate, just cos you've got your inner child locked in the emotional box room, don't criticize those of us who haven't.

Oh boy, another one of those "inner child" people.:rolleyes: That's just an excuse to not grow up and face reality.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Spacemonkey -

check out the latest AARP Digest with Robin Williams on the cover. Ther article is about the health and restorative benefits of play.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Engyo said:
Spacemonkey -

check out the latest AARP Digest with Robin Williams on the cover. Ther article is about the health and restorative benefits of play.

First of all, I'm 28 so the only way I'm going to see an AARP digest is if you send me one. Secondly, there is a major differance between what adult "play" is and childs play, I'm all for recreational activities, but lets leave playing dress up for the kids.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Spacemonkey -

No offense intended, but you remind me of a line from an old song:

"Aahh, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

standing_alone

spacemonkey said:
All of you people you said that Halloween is for adults to dress up a pretend they're something else, I want you to think about that for a second...

Playing dress up and make believe is what CHILDREN do.

Wow, who stole your Halloween candy as a kid? :p

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Everyone in the United States is so worried about their "inner child" they are forgetting how to act like adults.

standing_alone

spacemonkey said:
Everyone in the United States is so worried about their "inner child" they are forgetting how to act like adults.

I don't see how dressing up in a costume for Halloween and going to a party for one night of fun makes someone childish. Hell, dressing up in costumes and partying isn't my kind of thing, but I won't put down others who like to do that on occasion.

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
18020743a2422536408b252148159l.jpg
Cameron and I just an hour ago.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Seens to me that some people are so worried about " acting like an adult " that they are forgetting how to live . :) I've seen 50+ summers come and go , but I hope that I never get that old .

Bishka

Veteran Member
spacemonkey said:
All of you people you said that Halloween is for adults to dress up a pretend they're something else, I want you to think about that for a second...

Playing dress up and make believe is what CHILDREN do.

Acting serious and telling people that dressing up is for children is ridiculous. Apparently adults can't have fun either. :rolleyes:

Bishka

Veteran Member
spacemonkey said:
First of all, I'm 28 so the only way I'm going to see an AARP digest is if you send me one. Secondly, there is a major differance between what adult "play" is and childs play, I'm all for recreational activities, but lets leave playing dress up for the kids.

Then I assume you have a huge disdain for movies and the 'pretend' life of those adults as well?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I wanted to dress up, but I didn't really have a costume. :(

Also, as a mod, just a general reminder- if one wants to debate the validity of dressing up/ celebrating, please do so in the debate forum. This is the discussion area. Thanks! :)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
My costume for Halloween was that of a tired student/set design crew. ;) I regret not dressing up, since when we went out tonight everyone else was. I think I'll have to try my hand at drag next year.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I was going to dress up, but was feeling a little under the weather, and decided not to. I was just me, in my pajamas. lol :p I have a pic of my little cousin, though.

Karli_H06.jpg

She'll be three in January. :)