• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will Christians and Muslims have to say

iloveislam

Muslim
if you're gay because of the root of all evil and condemnation called religion. Without religion i don't think people would be afraid to be themselves.

You are generalising all the religions here.

Even you have a religion because according to the Encarta Dictionary 'Religion' also means:

system: an institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine

personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by.

I mean a person could be considered a criminal if he/she has sex with the same gender below the age of 18 in UK. However, that same person would not be regarded as criminal in other countries such as Germany, for example. So according to man-made law you wouldn't know who's right and who's wrong.
The age of consent is no different for homosexual or heterosexual sex, so what is your point, other than at least they treat all people equally.

However, sicko's in some parts of the middle east have kept the age of consent for females in single digits...that's sick. What a convenient way of legalising pedaephilia and child rape.

Even you have a religion because according to the Encarta Dictionary 'Religion' also means:

system: an institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine

personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by.

This just goes to show how programmed you are to run and look something up in a book and believe it...and not think for yourself

iloveislam

Muslim
Firstly...who is we??

Muslims and some non-Muslims too.

Secondly if it was society and the environment they wouldn't be looking for a gene would they?

I am not aware if they are looking for such a gene, but if they are then that could be due to certain reasons such as medical experimentation for better understanding of the human genetic system.

Are you one of those who has these opinions in all matters that don't directly affect you or would you feel the same if it happened to your son or daughter?

Well, I would not like my son or daughter to be homosexual since that goes against the nature of humanity.

God made the living creatures in pairs, for example:

• a male plant and a female plant.
  • a cow and a bull
  • a tiger and a tigress
Have you ever seen a bull having sex with another bull?

Even animals have not gone so low.

gnomon

God made the living creatures in pairs, for example:

• a male plant and a female plant.
  • a cow and a bull
  • a tiger and a tigress
Have you ever seen a bull having sex with another bull?

Even animals have not gone so low.

Sexual polymorphism.

There is much homosexuality in the natural world. Not to mention asexuality as well.

Apparently, God, if it existed, would obviously not have the human hang up regarding sexuality given the variety that exists in nature.

Of course, it should be noted at this point that you still have not answered the question from the OP.

Yes I agree with gnomon, you are going to great pains to avoid the question. You have entered this thread to post your opinion, yet you say you know of no genetic research concerning the gay gene? So basically you are forging opinions that have no basis in fact...it just all comes down to that darn book of yours. Can you people not think for yourself...I as a fellow citizen of this earth, am outraged that I have to share my planet with brainwashed zombies.:help:

iloveislam

Muslim
Fair enough.
Now all you needs do is prove that homosexuality harms your health.

The general message of my previous post was that different things are illegal because of different reasons.

I am not aware of the medical and health downsides of homosexuality, however it degrades the morale of the society.

Answer my previous question: "Have you ever seen or known about two bulls have sex togather (for example)?"

This just shows that humans have go so low against their very nature.

Man made laws keep changing because far to many of them are based upon nothing but religious dogma.

The governments of the west are mostly secular (of which democratic is one branch). In one western country abortion is allowed while in another abortion is banned. So who's right and who's wrong?

In fact, I was thought in secondary school that there is no right or wrong answer.

If we cannot distinguish between right and wrong, then for what reason has God given us an intelligent mind? Something which animals do not have but still have maintained their dignity.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
You are generalising all the religions here.

Ok specifically, Islam and Christianity (including LDS and so on) are the most outspoken when it comes to homosexuality.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The general message of my previous post was that different things are illegal because of different reasons.
Fair enough.
So why do YOU think homosexuality was illegal?

however it degrades the morale of the society.
Really?
How so?

Answer my previous question: "Have you ever seen or known about two bulls have sex togather (for example)?"
Homosexual behavior is abundant all through nature.
This is a well documented fact.

This just shows that humans have go so low against their very nature.
Opinion.

The governments of the west are mostly secular (of which democratic is one branch). In one western country abortion is allowed while in another abortion is banned. So who's right and who's wrong?
Depends upon what the country's goals are.

In fact, I was thought in secondary school that there is no right or wrong answer.
Interesting.
If there is no wrong or right, how do you distinguish good from bad?
Or do you merely allow your religion to dictate it to you?

If we cannot distinguish between right and wrong, then for what reason has God given us an intelligent mind?
You are the one claiming that we cannot distinguish right from wrong, not me.
I can distinguish between the two.
Well, at least most the time.

Something which animals do not have but still have maintained their dignity.
What?
Animals are not intelligent?
Says who?

What "dignity" are you talking about?

iloveislam

Muslim
According to some God made laws one cannot receive a blood transfusion.

According to some God made laws once can receive a blood transfusion.

You believe in a specific God. Good for you. Most other human beings on this planet do not believe in your God. Considering a lack of any scientific evidence for the existence of any Gods............you all lose.

friend,

Have you ever studied the scientific nature of the Qur'an?

If not then it would be my pleasure to present to you this: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam

I know this is not the thread for discussing Science and Islam, however if you would like to open one then I'm happy to participate in it.

I can do this all night. Your response was a non-sequitur.
no problem. everyone is entitled to their own choice of lifestyle, so lets all go home happily. (smile)

So......not if but when the biological mechanics of human sexual development are better understood showing how homosexuality is a biological phenomenon will Islam and Christianity continue to, in a general manner, persecute homosexuals?

The question is really that simple.
When (since you are so sure) they do so then come to me and I would love to discuss. And will also give you frubels for it too!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Might I point out another very plausible theory? Your emotions and sexual impulses are both determined in the brain. So it might be safe to assume that sexual orientation is determined in the brain. Now, just like whether you are right or left handed depends on the rates of growth of the different hemispheres of the brain (if your left side of the brain stops forming before dominancy is established then the right side will pick up the dominancy and you thus have a left handed person) it is possible that sexual orientation could be established the same way. If the area of the brain that determines that a person is going to be heterosexual stops forming before that is determined then another part of the brain picks up determining sexual orientation.

Now if you consider this and also consider that no one claims or thinks that it is wrong or an abomination to be left handed, it just has to do with brain formation rates in the womb, then one shouldn't look at homosexuality any different.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

I know this is not the thread for discussing Science and Islam, however if you would like to open one then I'm happy to participate in it.
Make up your mind, the science of Islam or the science of the Koran?
And no they are not the same.

gnomon

friend,

If not then it would be my pleasure to present to you this: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam

no problem. everyone is entitled to their own choice of lifestyle, so lets all go home happily. (smile)

When (since you are so sure) they do so then come to me and I would love to discuss. And will also give you frubels for it too!

You should take up boxing!

iloveislam

Muslim
The age of consent is no different for homosexual or heterosexual sex, so what is your point, other than at least they treat all people equally.

I live in the UK. According to the law here the age of consent for hetrosexual sex is 16, but for homosexual it is 18.

Yes I agree with gnomon, you are going to great pains to avoid the question. You have entered this thread to post your opinion, yet you say you know of no genetic research concerning the gay gene? So basically you are forging opinions that have no basis in fact...it just all comes down to that darn book of yours. Can you people not think for yourself...I as a fellow citizen of this earth, am outraged that I have to share my planet with brainwashed zombies.:help:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
When and if a gay gene is identified by geneticists. Will you abandon your stance that it is a choice, evil, abomination, unnatural?

They'll say something like Satan corrupted their genetics or that it's a hoax and a conspiracy concocted by the Darwinist scientific community to lure the public away from God.

iloveislam

Muslim
Really?
How so?
Tolerance to gays and lesbians in a society can encourage the people in that society not to marry.

This leads to sexual affairs and family affairs.

Homosexual behavior is abundant all through nature.
This is a well documented fact.
any proof please.

Depends upon what the country's goals are.
so the man-made law is not universal, but limited to different places...another weakness.

Interesting.
If there is no wrong or right, how do you distinguish good from bad?
Or do you merely allow your religion to dictate it to you?
There is right and wrong. I didn't deny that fact.

You are the one claiming that we cannot distinguish right from wrong, not me.
I can distinguish between the two.
Well, at least most the time.
please read my post carefully...I am claiming that we humans can and do have the ability to distinguish between right and wrong.

What?
Animals are not intelligent?
Says who?
Do animals have the intellect to think deeply

Ans. NO

Do animals have the ability to research?

Ans. NO

What "dignity" are you talking about?
I am talking about the dignity of human compared to animals.

Humans, despite their intellect, disagree on good and bad whereas you can't blame animals since they don't possess this intellect.

kai

ragamuffin
When and if a gay gene is identified by geneticists. Will you abandon your stance that it is a choice, evil, abomination, unnatural?

genes dont come into it, remember these are Gods laws, it doesnt matter if you produce all the scientific evidence in the world , you cant change Gods mind, ------ or can you?

(not my view by the way,)