• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will Kamala do about Illegal Immigrants coming into the US in mass and taking over jobs?

Pogo

If she's smart, she will revive Republican Senator Lankford's (KY) immigration reform bill.

“The border security bill will put a huge number of new enforcement tools in the hands of a future administration and push the current Administration to finally stop the illegal flow. The bill provides funding to build the wall, increase technology at the border, and add more detention beds, more agents, and more deportation flights. The border security bill ends the abuse of parole on our southwest border that has waived in over a million people. It dramatically changes our ambiguous asylum laws by conducting fast screenings at a higher standard of evidence, limited appeals, and fast deportation.​
“New bars to asylum eligibility will stop the criminal cartels from exploiting our currently weak immigration laws. The bill also has new emergency authorities to shut down the border when the border is overrun, new hiring authorities to quickly increase officers, and new hearing authorities to quickly apply consequences for illegal crossings. It changes our border from catch and release to detain and deport.​
Even better might be to listen to Mark Kelley a senator from a border state that actually has some consensus on things that will actually move the whole situation forward.

Argentbear

In the U.S. we have a welcoming immigration system that takes in immigrants each year. It's the enormous number that sneaks in that is the problem. The Left has been an enabler for whatever reason.
the approval rate for green card applicants in 2023 was only 3.8%, which is a 96.2% exclusion rate. Republicans have blocked all attempts to address this problem

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Your post is interesting in the context of Trump's &
other Magas' criticism of Harris.....it's all negative
perception, devoid of facts....
"she's a radical lunatic"
"she'll destroy the country in a year"
And even outright falsehoods.....
"totally against the Jewish people"
"couldn't pass her bar exams"

It's telling that criticism of Harris could be legit,
but instead it's bogus manipulation of low info
Maga types.
This is actually good. To sell such fear & loathing
is unlikely to appeal to voters on the fence.
That's quite all right. I'd say people are more astute on my end and can see everything for what it really. Is.

I'm very confident most dont want a lazy
do nothing , and this extremely self absorbed pompous and arrogant woman pretty much advertises herself as notably incompetent and dangerous enough on her own that I'm not worried whatsoever on the fence sitter party, unlike other people are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's quite all right. I'd say people are more astute on my end and can see everything for what it really. Is.

do nothing , and this extremely self absorbed pompous and arrogant woman pretty much advertises herself as notably incompetent and dangerous enough on her own that I'm not worried whatsoever on the fence sitter party, unlike other people are.
More of what I described previously.

Argentbear

Why don't you just say it's because of her skin color and get it over with?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Are you concerned about it? If so, why?
Not sure if it is necessarily a good thing that unregistered citizens should be granted the same rights as citizens e.g. voting, being hired, things of that nature. If they’re not registered citizens are they even paying taxes?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Your post is interesting in the context of Trump's &
other Magas' criticism of Harris.....it's all negative
perception, devoid of facts....
"she's a radical lunatic"
"she'll destroy the country in a year"
And even outright falsehoods.....
"totally against the Jewish people"
"couldn't pass her bar exams"

This one actually seems to have some basis:

It's telling that criticism of Harris could be legit,
but instead it's bogus manipulation of low info
Maga types.
This is actually good. To sell such fear & loathing
is unlikely to appeal to voters on the fence.

True. Burying whatever relevant information you have under a mountain of rumor and rhetoric only serves to weaken your own cause.

Or at least that would be the case if most voters were looking for information rather than confirmation.

Wandering Monk

Not sure if it is necessarily a good thing that unregistered citizens should be granted the same rights as citizens e.g. voting, being hired, things of that nature. If they’re not registered citizens are they even paying taxes?
It is illegal for non-citizens to vote in federal elections. Some municipalities let non-citizens vote for local offices.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Why?

They are paying some.
It leaves less jobs open for US citizens. If US Citizens are refusing to do these jobs because these corporations refuse to up the pay to a livable wage, they can easily find people who will work there, save up money, and take it back home to a cheaper cost of living country. That’s one example. No incentive to end corporate price gouging and wage skimping

Why are they paying some taxes and not paying others?

How can one know if someone who isn’t registered as a citizen is even paying taxes at all?

Pogo

LOL, no fears, the fantasy you have is not the candidate.