• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will Kamala do about Illegal Immigrants coming into the US in mass and taking over jobs?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If she's smart, she will revive Republican Senator Lankford's (KY) immigration reform bill.

“The border security bill will put a huge number of new enforcement tools in the hands of a future administration and push the current Administration to finally stop the illegal flow. The bill provides funding to build the wall, increase technology at the border, and add more detention beds, more agents, and more deportation flights. The border security bill ends the abuse of parole on our southwest border that has waived in over a million people. It dramatically changes our ambiguous asylum laws by conducting fast screenings at a higher standard of evidence, limited appeals, and fast deportation.​
“New bars to asylum eligibility will stop the criminal cartels from exploiting our currently weak immigration laws. The bill also has new emergency authorities to shut down the border when the border is overrun, new hiring authorities to quickly increase officers, and new hearing authorities to quickly apply consequences for illegal crossings. It changes our border from catch and release to detain and deport.​
I hope you realize that "detention beds" is really a horrifying term.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Debit cards for illegals which is bad enough.

You did not even read the fine print under the title. You did what the article accuse right wing people of doing, you misrepresented what they ae getting. From the article:

"The city is launching a pilot program that will provide migrants with prepaid debit cards to buy only food and baby supplies,"

When you post a link to an article you should at least read it first.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You did not even read the fine print under the title. You did what the article accuse right wing people of doing, you misrepresented what they ae getting. From the article:

"The city is launching a pilot program that will provide migrants with prepaid debit cards to buy only food and baby supplies,"

When you post a link to an article you should at least read it first.
I did read it and that's why I posted it mentioning it was a debit card. My only criticism is this is really a goddamn waste of taxpayers money and these non vetted people need to be deported back to the original country as soon as possible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I did read it and that's why I posted it mentioning it was a debit card. My only criticism is this is really a goddamn waste of taxpayers money and these non vetted people need to be deported back to the original country as soon as possible.
That is an illegal action if they are refugees. You are proposing breaking both US and international law. Also the so called "debit cards" can only be used to buy food and baby supplies. The reason that they were not given only food stamps which is because those cannot be used to buy diapers and other needs for babies. Sorry, but I will not begrudge a baby a clean diaper.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That is an illegal action if they are refugees. You are proposing breaking both US and international law. Also the so called "debit cards" can only be used to buy food and baby supplies. The reason that they were not given only food stamps which is because those cannot be used to buy diapers and other needs for babies. Sorry, but I will not begrudge a baby a clean diaper.
Me either via a humanitarian standpoint, but attention should be only on those who are properly vetted and allowed into the country , and once that privilege expires, to ensure that such people return to their country of origin soonest.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Debit cards for illegals which is bad enough.

Equal to what used to be Community Service Vouchers. As a retailer I took them often, marking the receipt non-refundable to assure they didn't become cash. It is/was a humanitarian program that only went to adults with children.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Then why did Trump convince republicans to reject the new migrant bill? There are laws that the nation and states have to obey, and until there is a change in the laws nothing will change. And it's immoral to let people starve. It's something liberals get, not conservatives.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
If she's smart, she will revive Republican Senator Lankford's (KY) immigration reform bill.

“The border security bill will put a huge number of new enforcement tools in the hands of a future administration and push the current Administration to finally stop the illegal flow. The bill provides funding to build the wall, increase technology at the border, and add more detention beds, more agents, and more deportation flights. The border security bill ends the abuse of parole on our southwest border that has waived in over a million people. It dramatically changes our ambiguous asylum laws by conducting fast screenings at a higher standard of evidence, limited appeals, and fast deportation.​
“New bars to asylum eligibility will stop the criminal cartels from exploiting our currently weak immigration laws. The bill also has new emergency authorities to shut down the border when the border is overrun, new hiring authorities to quickly increase officers, and new hearing authorities to quickly apply consequences for illegal crossings. It changes our border from catch and release to detain and deport.​
Sounds good to me. Does the bill make the path to citizenship any easier for people? I mean, less expensive and less time consuming. These two things really need to happen.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I will point out that the Republicans killed a border bill that had strict enforcement? Why? So they could campaign on not having a strict border bill. They don't really care about the border - it's just politics to them. And in fact, I expect they're happy because businesses want to hire such people and pay them almost nothing.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
"Take over" our jobs ?

giphy.gif

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Harris doesn't even belong in a political position. She is a pompous do nothing politician and is only interested in her career.

All one has to do is look at what she's done and the exodus of her staff just to get away from the woman.
Keep watching....... as she rides up...and up...and up.