• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will Kamala do about Illegal Immigrants coming into the US in mass and taking over jobs?

We Never Know

No Slack
Why is this a problem for Harris, this is a good example of the real reasons we have asylum seekers at the border, not because they are bringing drugs etc, but because they are fleeing untenable living conditions in their home countries.
The solution as it has been is to work on reasons for them not to leave, not to stigmatize them with imagined offenses.

A good example to point out the fallacy of the Trump approach.

g
That is talking about the numbers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That is talking about the numbers.
Numbers? Far fewer Puritan immigrants from Europe did way more damage than those numbers given in the articles.
The American Way is immigration. Unless you're a Native you then your own family immigrated here no more than a few hundred years ago but any random American's family has likely been here less than that.
And there's always been those who hate the immigrants and want to keep them out. But they'd be keeping themselves out in years past.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And again you accuse me of goal post moving when you are simply unable to present anything productive the Republicans have done about illegal immigrants or undocumented workers in the past 38 years.
Ignoring the facts like usual. Right after I gave you some facts and now you're trying to do the same thing with @Colt .

Typical one trick pony antics.

Clizby Wampuscat

Numbers? Far fewer Puritan immigrants from Europe did way more damage than those numbers given in the articles.
The American Way is immigration. Unless you're a Native you then your own family immigrated here no more than a few hundred years ago but any random American's family has likely been here less than that.
And there's always been those who hate the immigrants and want to keep them out. But they'd be keeping themselves out in years past.
How many immigrants do you think the US can handle each year?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
How many immigrants do you think the US can handle each year?
Might be more than we take in given the unfilled agriculture jobs. I'm not an expert, but the amount of unharvested food each year to me suggests we may be able to find a way to accommodate more to fill this unmet need of labor.

Clizby Wampuscat

Might be more than we take in given the unfilled agriculture jobs. I'm not an expert, but the amount of unharvested food each year to me suggests we may be able to find a way to accommodate more to fill this unmet need of labor.
With 2.5 million released into the US under Biden those jobs are still open? Why?

We Never Know

No Slack
The solution is not to allow unvetted people into the US. Also, the 2.5 million are legal entries. It is estimated in 2022 there were 11 million illegal people in the US.

You said "With 2.5 million released into the US under Biden those jobs are still open? Why?"

I said "There are also around 6.5 million people whom are reported to be unemployed."

2.5 + 6.5 = 9 million. So indeed why are those jobs still open.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You mean lawfare tactics.
LOL No. I mean actual courts of law. Republicans never had a problem with it before their Dear Leader starting getting convicted for his crimes. Now suddenly and very conveniently, you guys don't recognize their authority. You don't care about laws anymore, all of a sudden.

The rest of us haven't forgotten the "Lock her up" chants that were regularly held at Trump rallies for a person who had never been convicted of anything at all. Lock her up anyway though, right?

The hypocrisy and double standards are through the roof.

wellwisher

LOL No. I mean actual courts of law. Republicans never had a problem with it before their Dear Leader starting getting convicted for his crimes. Now suddenly and very conveniently, you guys don't recognize their authority. You don't care about laws anymore, all of a sudden.

The rest of us haven't forgotten the "Lock her up" chants that were regularly held at Trump rallies for a person who had never been convicted of anything at all. Lock her up anyway though, right?

The hypocrisy and double standards are through the roof.
The difference is actions speak louder than words. Saying look her up, about Hillary, and doing actually doing it, are two separate things. Trump could have used the FBI to raid her home but he did not. Only the DNC did that with their actions and that then denies with words. The DNC is always about the words Trump said, but never shows an occurrence based on an action. How about we use science rules of hard data and not just talking about doing experiments. You hold religion to the science standard, how about politics too?

This is like male telling a gal he will love her forever, and then leave her. His words were so nice, she can ignore his actions? I prefer judge by actions since word lie more than do the actions. Action involve observational data, and not just hearing hearsay words.

Trump never used law fare, while hearsay says he said he will. The is not the same as evidence that the DNC did this, already. Liberal are supposed or more educated but cannot get this simple difference. Did you all cheat in school and not learn anything about evidence.