• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
After spending the morning since 6:30 (it's now 11:50) preparing that lot for lunch for friends i would certainly prefer yours....
Yep. The rice is even leftover, so it's only a matter of searing the cheese, dumping the sauce over it, and heating up the rice. :D

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It is even easier if you use jarred sauce. There are only two problems. The sauce tends to be very bland and not taste very good and it is a lot more expensive than homemade.
Cost is the primary reason. I can make it at home for less a third of what I would pay for a jar of ready-made (Patak's). And while I can add seasoning to the ready made, mine tastes a lot better.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Cost is the primary reason. I can make it at home for less a third of what I would pay for a jar of ready-made (Patak's). And while I can add seasoning to the ready made, mine tastes a lot better.
I first found this to be the case with spaghetti sauce. Since I make Italian far more often than Indian, my housemates are not as excited about Indian cuisine as I am, I found that I could make a far better marinara than I could buy, and when you make it every week it is dead easy.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I had the ESL students over for BBQ ribs.
We had a sweet batch, a spicy batch, macaroni & cheese, boiled cabbage, and cheesy garlic bread. Dessert was a pastel de chocolate and of course the beverage of choice was cold Coronas.

As usual we had a wonderful time. They would love to do it once a month, but this old woman can't keep up with those half my age! LOL But I sure wish I could.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
A vegetable roll is acceptable. Cream cheese is not. And California rolls are NOT SUSHI. oops, did i get a little passionate there?
Cream cheese is added as a protein, because aside from a small amount in the rice, a vegetable roll is devoid of protein.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Cream cheese is added as a protein, because aside from a small amount in the rice, a vegetable roll is devoid of protein.
You could always have a nice bowl of age dashi tofu. Well not quite you would have to alter the broth a bit., but that is doable. The broth traditionally is fish based but that is just for flavor. It has almost not protein, that comes from the tofu. You could probably have a broth made with some fermented kelp as a flavoring agent.

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

Fish pie.
My condolences. :pensive:

I’m making vegan “beef“ stroganoff, as depicted below; :p

IG-reel-post-cover-image-scaled.jpg