• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm going to have fish and chips soon!!

Haven't had them in aaaaages!

I do miss chip shop fish and chips.

This evening it will be Ravioli with a black tomato sauce.
Not decided on dessert yet so probably either ice cream or sorbet

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
For breakfast, I had my usual bowl of disgusting oatmeal, and I am drinking my cup of coffee now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There's no way - I hate oatmeal in any form or fashion. I make it the least disgusting way I know how, but it's still gross. I believe it's PORRIDGE.

The Scottish way, water (no milk), salt (no sugar)

I have it sometimes in winter, as above or with milk and honey.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There's no way - I hate oatmeal in any form or fashion. I make it the least disgusting way I know how, but it's still gross. I believe it's PORRIDGE.
Maybe you don't prepare it correctly? I love oatmeal -- very satisfying in the morning, especially during a Canadian winter.

Kathryn

Maybe you don't prepare it correctly? I love oatmeal -- very satisfying in the morning, especially during a Canadian winter.
I don't know. I follow the directions. I just really dislike oatmeal most likely. But hey, I also really really dislike watermelon so there's that aspect of it all. I don't even like watermelon scented anything!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't know. I follow the directions. I just really dislike oatmeal most likely. But hey, I also really really dislike watermelon so there's that aspect of it all. I don't even like watermelon scented anything!
My partner doesn't like watermelon, either, which is unfortunate, because I really do.

One thing about growing up in orphanages, many foster homes and boarding schools: you learn to eat absolutely anything, and I do. (Oh, except jellyfish -- tried that once in Toronto's China Town, and ain't going to do that again!)

Kathryn

My partner doesn't like watermelon, either, which is unfortunate, because I really do.

One thing about growing up in orphanages, many foster homes and boarding schools: you learn to eat absolutely anything, and I do. (Oh, except jellyfish -- tried that once in Toronto's China Town, and ain't going to do that again!)
TRUE STORY TIME!

My son went to a Korean market and picked out a small octopus and they just cooked it for him right there. He said it was still wiggling going down! Which sounds terrible, terrible, terrible to me.

And I don't know but when I was a kid, I lived in Yokohama, Japan, and there was an open-air market right by our house and UGH, the things you could buy there!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
TRUE STORY TIME!

My son went to a Korean market and picked out a small octopus and they just cooked it for him right there. He said it was still wiggling going down! Which sounds terrible, terrible, terrible to me.

And I don't know but when I was a kid, I lived in Yokohama, Japan, and there was an open-air market right by our house and UGH, the things you could buy there!