• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm making a double batch of taco soup for a get together with the neighbours this afternoon.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We had a weird and very tasty dinner, thought it was more of a snack before the paella supper tonight.

Scrambled eggs with truffle cooked in a bain marie on the stove. I saw it a couple of weeks ago at a festival and thought i have to try it

You need 2 pans, the larger one with an inch of water in it (if the 2nd pan touches the bottom of the large pan drop a saucer into it to prevent metal contact.
While coming to the boil scramble a few eggs and grate plenty of fresh truffle into the mix and season with salt and pepper.
Add a little butter to the smaller pan place it in the water. When the butter is melted pour in the eggs. Stir continuously untill the eggs are cooked but still runny. Ladle into cups, serve with fresh crusty bread and a tea spoon.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Tonight it will be fresh Coho or Silver Salmon. Not sure of the details yet. I think that I will try to fry this one too. The local supermarket has a fish/meat section with an actual person packaging mostly fish for customers. He included some infused butter to go with it. A last second basting should finish it off really nicely. Probably with baked potato and a salad.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Tonight it will be fresh Coho or Silver Salmon. Not sure of the details yet. I think that I will try to fry this one too. The local supermarket has a fish/meat section with an actual person packaging mostly fish for customers. He included some infused butter to go with it. A last second basting should finish it off really nicely. Probably with baked potato and a salad.

That supermarkets sell fish and meat is a crime. I am grateful to have fish mongers and butchers nearby.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am going out to eat at a locally owned restaurant so there's no telling what I'll have.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Have you been before? If so what type of food do they serve?
Yes, and they serve mostly American with some Italian and some Mexican thrown in for good measure. It's a nice place. I like it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That supermarkets sell fish and meat is a crime. I am grateful to have fish mongers and butchers nearby.
Unfortunately here they have been mostly replaced by supermarkets. There is a specialty fish store downtown. And an Asian supermarket that has a huge fresh fish market and butchered meat area. It is not a chain supermarket so it is very similar to Ye Olde Time Shoppes'.