• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Simple sandwich on toasted white bread and a sprig of red grapes is the plan. Unfortunately I can't be sure what kind of sandwich it'll be, as the package of processed luncheon meat I have is a mix of turkey and ham that looks, smells, and tastes the same. I'll be choosing the deli instead of the case from now on.

Another case of: I don't understand.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
He is, but that one made me laugh.

Also not good.

Time for a repair or new oven. The mother of a family cannot survive without an oven.
Sam says if I set it to 390, it will work.

I don't know if I believe him, and I'm full now.

In an ideal world, I'd have loved to bake some bread and make some pickles, but its been one of 'those' weeks.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He is, but that one made me laugh.

Sam says if I set it to 390, it will work.

I don't know if I believe him, and I'm full now.

In an ideal world, I'd have loved to bake some bread and make some pickles, but its been one of 'those' weeks.
It is not a bad idea to have a separate oven thermometer. Electronics can go off over the years. If your oven thinks that it is 40 degrees warmer than it really is that can really mess up a meal.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Casserole, one veg, one beef, cooking in red wine. They've been in the oven for 5 hours now, about time for someone to take them out, I'm incapacitated at the moment and there is no one else around.
What to do...what to do...

And chocolate ganashe.

Hubby is closest, he's on his way home, casserole is saved ;-)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
1726089613668.jpeg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I just put a pork loin roast on the BBQ, should be ready in about 90 minutes. There's a strong cold wind blowing so I'm a little concerned about the crackling. But if it doesn't work on the BBQ I'll cut it off and whack it under the griller for a bit.

I read a supposed fool proof formula for working out how long to cook joints of meat... measure it at the thickest point and cook it for 1 minute for every millimetre. It worked for a leg of lamb the other week so hopefully works for the porkster.

ChristineM

Premium Member
We had a fry up of sausage, eggs, beans, tomato and chips (fries)
Followed by rather lovely coffee eclairs from the local baker

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm making pork belly bao buns tonight. I've never made bao buns before so it might get interesting. I've made the dough and cut the individual buns and I'm waiting for them to rise before steaming.

ETA. They weren't pretty but they tasted good.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ravioli stuffed with pesto, aubergine, pine nuts and garlic with a tomato and basil sauce
Apple pie and custard.

Last edited: