• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Friday and mega tired and ultra lazy.... to tired and lazy to cook.
So today, probably another round of another Belgian tradition... Some "frietkot" take out.
Literal translation is a "fries shed"

Just about every village in the country will on average have about 2 or 3 of these.

1728656075651.png

1728656107698.png

1728656167936.png

The pride of traditional Belgian "fastfood" haha.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Been out most of the day, the eldest daughter had mixed up a bunch of 5 cheese pizzas, just coming out of the oven when hubby and i arrived home. Perfect timing for excellent pizza.
I popped to the local shop and bought a lemon meringue pie.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I got a boneless leg of lamb for a ridiculously low price. Freezing some of it and this is the first recipe made with it:

Dinner will also include dal, basmati rice, and garlic naan. I might have to make some pork fried rice for my housemate too since she won't even try lamb.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I got a boneless leg of lamb for a ridiculously low price. Freezing some of it and this is the first recipe made with it:

Dinner will also include dal, basmati rice, and garlic naan. I might have to make some pork fried rice for my housemate too since she won't even try lamb.

Lamb is difficult to get here, its mostly beef or pork with the occasional horse or goat

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Staying with my run on sandwiches, I'm having roast beef on rye with roasted bell pepper and horseradish, spicy brown mustard, mayo, Worcester, and fresh cracked black pepper. This combination is the result of Googling condiments for roast beef on rye with roasted pepper.

Now to see if the recommendation is a hit or a miss.

UPDATE: Winner! Next time, though, I'll pull out the Sandwich Maker and heat it up with a little crispness.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Traditional English roast today,roast rib of beef,roast potatoes parsnips and carrots and some steamed runner beans and Yorkshire puddings gravy and creamed horseradish,would usually have cauliflower cheese too.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yes, I've had it in France a couple of times. I didn't buy it but if it's on a restaurant menu i may order it
I'ld eat it every week if it weren't so expensive :D

Talking about delicious food.... I was just in Bruges for a couple of days.
Had rabbit in some restaurant. Man, SO GOOD.

Don't know how to say the sauce in english. A literal translation would be "hunter sauce with pear syrup".
With croquettes and applesauce.

Another flemish traditional.

Heavenly :hearteyes:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'ld eat it every week if it weren't so expensive :D

Talking about delicious food.... I was just in Bruges for a couple of days.
Had rabbit in some restaurant. Man, SO GOOD.

Don't know how to say the sauce in english. A literal translation would be "hunter sauce with pear syrup".
With croquettes and applesauce.

Another flemish traditional.

Heavenly :hearteyes:

I do hunters sauce myself, easy to make.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I made some rough puff pastry and made a braid filled with seasoned ground beef, red cabbage, and onion. I'm wondering if can make one end of it look like a hand for a mummy's arm for Halloween.