• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Hangup With Homosexuality?

Sonofason

I direct copy/paste isn't working, but here are the numbers:
1.4% for receptive anal sex
.06 - .1% for insertive anal sex
.08% for vaginal intercourse
.04% for insertive vaginal sex.
N/A for oral sex
Those numbers even have a bit of overlap, and, as the link states, these numbers look at unprotected sex. As I mentioned earlier, with any sexual activities the risks can be greatly diminished, even eliminated entirely in many situations, if participants are being smart and doing what they should.
lol, doing what they should. Sounds a bit oxymoronic to me.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I direct copy/paste isn't working, but here are the numbers:
1.4% for receptive anal sex
.06 - .1% for insertive anal sex
.08% for vaginal intercourse
.04% for insertive vaginal sex.
N/A for oral sex
Those numbers even have a bit of overlap, and, as the link states, these numbers look at unprotected sex. As I mentioned earlier, with any sexual activities the risks can be greatly diminished, even eliminated entirely in many situations, if participants are being smart and doing what they should.
That just supports what I said....according to these statistics, anal sex runs a fifteen plus times higher incidence of HIV than non-anal ....the rectum is toxic...get over it already!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
lol, doing what they should. Sounds a bit oxymoronic to me.
Maybe, if you have a poor understanding of a healthy sex life, which includes using protection, getting to know a potential partner, and doing nothing that makes you uncomfortable.
Okay, well honestly, I hope you one day get over this doubt.
Won't happen. I was a Christian once and even believed much as you do now. But that was a past life, lived by someone dead and gone.

Sonofason

Maybe, if you have a poor understanding of a healthy sex life, which includes using protection, getting to know a potential partner, and doing nothing that makes you uncomfortable.

Won't happen. I was a Christian once and even believed much as you do now. But that was a past life, lived by someone dead and gone.
I am a married man. I can never have a problem with regard to unprotected sex other than having another child, but then I welcome children in my family.

Shadow Wolf

the rectum is toxic...get over it already!
The rectum, being warm and moist, is a good place for bacteria to grow. It not having any real natural lube does put it at a higher risk for micro-tears and fissures. And even your source said those numbers are for unprotected sex, meaning they aren't doing things they should be, such as using condoms.

Shadow Wolf

I am a married man. I can never have a problem with regard to unprotected sex other than having another child, but then I welcome children in my family.
I wouldn't say never. There are, after all, many more ways than just sex to catch an STI, such as coming into contact with infected blood, or even just direct skin contact can spread warts and herpes. If such things were to happen to you or your wife, you would suddenly have problems with unprotected sex; fortunately almost nearly everything (except for the herpes and warts) is significantly reduced practically to zero with the very simple act of putting on a condom.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
That is your subjective opinion. My position is objective as it is in conformity to righteousness as set forth by God.
It's not objective. If it were, it would be clear to all. It's not. God has revealed no such thing to me. She's cool with homosexuality.

Sonofason

The rectum, being warm and moist, is a good place for bacteria to grow. It not having any real natural lube does put it at a higher risk for micro-tears and fissures. And even your source said those numbers are for unprotected sex, meaning they aren't doing things they should be, such as using condoms.
In other words, it was not created with the intention to be used as a vagina.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No, I'm saying that according to Jesus, they still deserve the penalty described under the Law.
According to Jesus?
That is not true. I have read the New Testament and nowhere is Jesus quoted as saying that. You are putting your own words into Jesus's mouth.
Tom

Sonofason

I wouldn't say never. There are, after all, many more ways than just sex to catch an STI, such as coming into contact with infected blood, or even just direct skin contact can spread warts and herpes. If such things were to happen to you or your wife, you would suddenly have problems with unprotected sex; fortunately almost nearly everything (except for the herpes and warts) is significantly reduced practically to zero with the very simple act of putting on a condom.
Nope, can't happen. Won't ever happen.

Sonofason

According to Jesus?
That is not true. I have read the New Testament and nowhere is Jesus quoted as saying that. You are putting your own words into Jesus's mouth.
Tom
He said, "For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Mathew 5:18)

The law stands. God is the judge.

Sonofason

Your position is not objective. Maybe to your religion, but your religion doesn't define the world for everyone, not even all adherents of your religion.
My God has indeed established his objective truth for the entire world to see and recognize. And you all do indeed see and recognize.