• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Hangup With Homosexuality?

Sonofason

... so while you aren't supposed to execute gay men yourself, you think that Jews should be executing them?

BTW: if this law no longer applies when we're talking about your obligations, why would it apply to a gay man for his?
No, I'm saying that according to Jesus, they still deserve the penalty described under the Law. However, considering the New Covenant, we are no longer obligated to give them what they deserve. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not sure that this is an explanation.

God does not seem to have objections for sterile couples, who also cannot procreate. For instance people with Down Syndrome.

Alternatively, He seems to have objections to marriages between believers and disbelievers, who can procreate.

Not to speak of people who uses birth control when they have sex. In this case, the objection depends on the flavor of God one chooses.

Ciao

- viole
I am sure you know the difference between can't and won't.

Sonofason

And that is exactly why your religion has no right to set the law.
I know reading comprehension is very hard for some people...so I'll just let you continue to use your imagination with regard to what I say. I'm quite alright that you don't understand.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You asked..."So the question arises: Just what the heck does God find so abhorrent about homosexual activity? He certainly doesn't leave any clue. Perhaps He may doth protest too much?

Anyone care to take a stab?"
I gave you an answer....God judges a penis pushing poop in the rectum to be unhealthy and unnatural.
Where? I didn't find you saying anything at all about God judging a penis pushing poop in the rectum to be unhealthy and unnatural. All I read about a penis pushing poop was your reply to Shadow Wolf:

"But it is not your penis pushing poop, if you had one, you may think other than you do about it.."

So, unless you're truly God and giving Shadow Wolf Godly advice, thinking you're God is a bit daft.

Now in the interests of public disclosure for having started this thread, I ask if you approve of such activity? Please no further misdirection or strawmen..
And as I told you, What I think of anal sex isn't the question. The question is:

However, that you so badly need to know what I think of anal sex is downright peculiar. Care to elaborate on your hangup here?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Shadow Wolf

I know reading comprehension is very hard for some people...so I'll just let you continue to use your imagination with regard to what I say. I'm quite alright that you don't understand.
You said homosexuals deserve death. You tried to say something about a "new covenant," but Jesus himself said, at least three times, nothing of the law is to be relaxed until all things are fulfilled, all things including his supposed return (that was supposed to have happened during the lifetimes of the Apostles but that didn't happen).

Sonofason

All that says is that HIV has a slightly higher transmission rate with unprotected anal sex.
Like any other sexual practices, being smart about it greatly reduces these chances, practically to zero.
How gross to speak of sodomy as something that is normal behavior. You may as well have sex with a kangaroo. Pardon me, a consenting kangaroo.

Sonofason

You said homosexuals deserve death. You tried to say something about a "new covenant," but Jesus himself said, at least three times, nothing of the law is to be relaxed until all things are fulfilled, all things including his supposed return (that was supposed to have happened during the lifetimes of the Apostles but that didn't happen).
The homosexual will still receive his punishment in full. And it will be God who judges them.

Shadow Wolf

The homosexual will still receive his punishment in full. And it will be God who judges them.
And that is your belief. You can believe it. But no belief has the right to remain free of criticism, and no rights give a belief such protections.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Where? I didn't find you saying anything at all about God judging a penis pushing poop in the rectum to be unhealthy and unnatural. All I read about a penis pushing poop was your reply to Shadow Wolf:

"But it is not your penis pushing poop, if you had one, you may think other than you do about it.."

So, unless you're truly God and giving Shadow Wolf Godly advice, thinking you're God is a bit daft.

And as I told you, What I think of anal sex isn't the question. The question is:

However, that you so badly need to know what I think of anal sex is downright peculiar. Care to elaborate on your hangup here?

Haha...misdirection much.. I remind you that it was you who started the thread on homosexuality, not me.

I am pleased to advise you I am not a homosexual and thus do not have a hangup, but you have not disclosed your stake, so what hangup do you have....curious souls want to know.. :)

Sonofason

No we a citizens have every right to bring our beliefs into public office, and pass laws accordingly. What we do not have the right to do is establish a religion. We cannot force you to go to a Catholic school. We cannot force you to pray to Allah two or three times a day. We most certainly can illegalize abortion. We most certainly can illegalize gay marriages.

Shadow Wolf

Fifteen time greater for anal sex is not slight... :rolleyes:
I direct copy/paste isn't working, but here are the numbers:
1.4% for receptive anal sex
.06 - .1% for insertive anal sex
.08% for vaginal intercourse
.04% for insertive vaginal sex.
N/A for oral sex
Those numbers even have a bit of overlap, and, as the link states, these numbers look at unprotected sex. As I mentioned earlier, with any sexual activities the risks can be greatly diminished, even eliminated entirely in many situations, if participants are being smart and doing what they should.