• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Hangup With Homosexuality?

2nd mouse

Hi Folks...

Well - Im not so sure what that so called "god" in the bible hang up is with homosexualiity - but despite what some try to say that god for sure absolutely despises them and wishes to utterly destroy them... Two cities renowned for male homosexual activity, utterly destroyed without any warning or chance of reprieve...Didnt even tell them to stop and "repent" - just said sod that they disgust me Im gonna destroy them all !!

As to a SPIRITUAL objection to the act - well isnt it obvious..??... Just think of the ACTUAL ACT ITSELF - of placing that intimate body part INSIDE that other DISGUSTING body part - and well - your own Soul will tell you just how abhorant that ACTUALLY is - at least - if you know and listen TO your Soul - then it WILL tell you clearly that that act itself is a complete no no - utterly DEGRADING yourself for "sexual pleasure" - focusing wholly on purely mortal physical sensations and pursuing them always at the direct cost of your Souls truth..

From a spiritual perspective the homosexual act is entirely WRONG - no other words will suffice...It - the ACT itself - is all about sexual pleasure and has nothing to do with "love" at all (before any body starts here trying to confuse the issue) - the ACT itself is apurely sexual act that IS UTTERLY DEGRADING - and again , no other term fits it better or even comes close to an accurate description.....To the SOUL, this is a most base act indeed, and indeed, the Soul is totally ignored as the queer seeks out his sexual pleasure in that way...It has NOTHING to do with "love" or "relationship" at all despite what some may now try to claim - it IS all about the purely PHYSICAL circumstances and it IS all about gaining sexual pleasure and domination for the SAKE of sexual pleasure and domination.....There is NOTHING that can be considered as sacred, holy or spiritual within that act, nothing that could even be considered as "love" in that act, for it is wholly degrading to both people involved...

Now - some people will be up in arms now - slagging me off left right and centre no doubt - BUT - all you straight guys here - just THINK for a moment...Place your Self in a homosexual encounter and I GUARANTEE that your Soul will scream very loudly that it is wrong !!! Imagine the ACTUAL ACT and what is about to happen - a guy is about to mount you, penetrate you and have his way with you - still think its good ok and acceptable..??....Think about it...As he actually enters you, still think this is acceptable..??...Or you, about to penetrate another mans anus..?....Are you SURE thats what you really want to do..??.......THIS is what the tabboo here is REALLY About -your SOUL and its desires !!!

If you can go through with such acts then you clearly DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOUR SOUL AT ALL - and yes I will just state that very clearly - homosexuals are not spiritually aware - very base - purely physical concerns - and to my Soul - THAT is the real problem - homosexuals are spiritually ignorant, deaf and blind to their own Souls - and sadly - very sadly in this modern world - there seems to be this thing where they overwhelm society now, making it seem like its "normal" and "natural" - when actually - it is NEVER normal or natural at all and it is this whole issue - UNNATURAL BASE SEXUAL DESIRE that is the real spiritual taboo....Pursuing such base desires will inevitably drown out the Soul entirely and so that individual is self sabotaging their own spiritual journey and progression - making it acceptable in society in general, will likewise - obviously - sabotage our spiritual progression also - society Im afraid is going BACKWARDS now in terms of it s spirituality - not many people ACTUALLY listening tot heir own Soul - and even less that are then willing to stand up and speak their truth openly, and this is not a good thing at all....See the results ..??...A BROKEN society we have now - wholly dysfunctional - run by spiritually ignorant people who place such base physical concerns above the eternal concerns of spirit...This - open homosexuality being embraced as normal - unnatural things being defended and condoned as normal - this is a symptom Im afraid that tells us society as we would LIKE it to be, is all but finished and is fast getting out of reach for us......Too many spiritually ignorant people following political correctness - following herd mentality for the sake of acceptance - without actually paying attention to the crucial truth of Self...
Very well stated Pete. I'm actually a little surprised none of the scholars here have engaged you on this response.

Sonofason

What's your big hangup with God????
I do not believe that God has ever identified "himself" as either a male or female.

According to the Strong's Consordence, father is defined as follows: "patḗrfather; one who imparts life and is committed to it; a progenitor, bringing into being to pass on the potential for likeness."

In Genesis, we see God making male and female human beings in "his" image "male and female" he made us. It is us who attach gender to God.

Skwim

Veteran Member
God has absolutely no problem with gay people. It's only the hateful human beings who wrote the bible who try and claim that God hates what they choose to hate. It's truly sad and pathetic.
So what is it you believe that's written in the Bible, if anything?

It's hard to respond to your comment with a contrasting view as such opinions would not be tolerated here. So I think I'll pass. God is always right.
So when he said:

“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death."
have you been out hunting homosexuals to kill, as he wants?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is possible and likely that what was originally written is that men who lie with men should be REMOVED (while still alive) from the ranks of Israel. I know the Bible was changed so I think that one was changed also.........why?........maybe the satan likes to see you all squabble.

2nd mouse

I see there are a lot of people making reference to the Tora and OT laws and regulations in their attempt to rebut certain comments. The laws of the OT were not written for anyone but the Jewish people of the day. What you can wear, what you can eat, how to plant seeds, all that was not intended for anyone except the Jewish people. It was part of a specific covenant between them and God and no one else. So unless you are a practicing Jew it is irrelevant to you.

I see a lot of conflating going here between Judaism and Christianity.

Sonofason

So what is it you believe that's written in the Bible, if anything?

So when he said:

“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death."
have you been out hunting homosexuals to kill, as he wants?
I am obligated to live under a new commandment, a new covenant with God, and I am not a Jew. God's law is speaking to the children of Israel, who were supposed to be set apart as a people to do God's will. If you desire to live a life set apart for God, you too will not indulge in homosexual behaviors. But if you desire to be a part of God's family, you will recognize that in Christ, no one is obliged under the Law. While the law condemns us all in that we are all sinners, in that none of us do that which is pleasing to God, in Christ the Law has no effect upon us any more. You didn't see Moses running back to kill all the homosexuals in Egypt. And neither would I consider hunting down homosexuals. I am here to judge people, I am not here to condemn them. I am here to reveal what people deserve, I am not here to condemn them.

Just because someone deserves to die, we are under no obligation to give them what they deserve. And the only reason I tell people what they deserve is that they might develop an intention to be pleasing to God, which is something I believe would benefit everyone who does not already know the truth.

Skwim

Veteran Member
No, I understand exactly why atheists and agnostics care to discuss religion. It's not a problem. That is what we are here for. But going through the same topic, in this case homosexuality, over and over and over, with the same person, becomes very tiresome.
Please don't feel obligated to respond to my threads or even my posts in the threads of others. OR even read them for that matter. In fact, perhaps it would be beneficial to your mental health if upon seeing my avatar you quickly avert your gaze altogether. Whatever helps. :shrug:

Skyman55

While God may tolerate homosexuals (He never really comes out and condemns such people), according to the Bible it's clear He detests homosexual acts, both male and female. He even wants men who engage in homosexuality to be put to death. Three passages in particular address His distaste. (If there are other direct scriptural references feel free to share.)

Leviticus 18:22 (ERV)
22 “Men, you must not have sexual relations with another man as with a woman. That is a terrible sin!

Leviticus 20:13
(ERV)
13 “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

Romans 1:24, 26-27 (ERV)
24 People wanted only to do evil. So God left them and let them go their sinful way.

26 Because people did those things, God left them and let them do the shameful things they wanted to do. Women stopped having natural sex with men and started having sex with other women. 27 In the same way, men stopped having natural sex with women and began wanting each other all the time. Men did shameful things with other men, and in their bodies they received the punishment for those wrongs.​

Currently, it's estimated that from 1.2 to 6.8 percent of the population identify as LGBT.* With the current world population now hitting close to 7.5 billion, and considering God's attitude in Leviticus 20:13, this means there are between 112 - 635 million people (homosexuals) He feels are better off dead.

Pretty drastic of a loving god if you ask me. So the question arises: Just what the heck does God find so abhorrent about homosexual activity? He certainly doesn't leave any clue. Perhaps He may doth protest too much?

Anyone care to take a stab?

*The demographics of sexual orientation and gender identity in the United States have been more accurately studied in the social sciences in recent decades. In the first large-scale government survey measuring Americans’ sexual orientation, the NHIS reported in July 2014 that 1.6 percent of Americans identify as gay or lesbian, and 0.7 percent identify as bisexual. In a Williams Institute review based on an June–September 2012 Gallup poll, approximately 3.4 percent of American adults identify themselves as being LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender). An earlier report published in April 2011 by the Williams Institute estimated that 3.8 percent of Americans identified as gay/lesbian, bisexual, or transgender: 1.7 percent as lesbian or gay, 1.8 percent as bisexual, and 0.3 percent as transgender. The 2011 Williams Institute report also states that 8.2 percent of Americans reported that they had engaged in same-sex sexual behavior, and 11 percent reported some same-sex attraction. Studies from several nations, including the U.S., conducted at varying time periods, have produced a statistical range of 1.2 to 6.8 percent of the adult population identifying as LGBT. Online surveys tend to yield higher figures than other methods,[4] a likely result of the higher degree of anonymity of Internet surveys, which elicit reduced levels of socially desirable responding.
Source: Wikipedia

Skyman55

Well the bible was written by people. Its what they want you to do. Not God!. Its got some bad things in it. I had to stop reading it.

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
One should consider how misleading these "statistics" are. It's not like every single American was actually included in any of these surveys, which makes these "statistics" objectively incorrect, especially any that might attempt to cover the "entire adult population", of like, the world. Additionally, not every human being perceives our sexuality as some magical "orientation" that need be categorized into "homosexual", "heterosexual", etc.

Also, I think it's rather ridiculous that "gender identity" was included in those statistics. Yet another reason why "lgbt" is in my opinion a worthless and redundant term.

:eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes:

So you don't understand statistics then?

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Very well stated Pete. I'm actually a little surprised none of the scholars here have engaged you on this response.

Ezekiel says why Sodom was destroyed and it has nothing to do with homosexuality and it never did. Ez 16:49
Behold, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: pride, fullness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Moreover Jesus makes it quite clear that Sodom's sin was inhospitality.
Matthew 10:14-16Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 Whoever does not welcome you, nor listen to your message, as you leave that house or city, shake the dust [of it] off your feet [in contempt, breaking all ties]. 15 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that city [since it rejected the Messiah’s messenger.]

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Folks...

Well - Im not so sure what that so called "god" in the bible hang up is with homosexualiity - but despite what some try to say that god for sure absolutely despises them and wishes to utterly destroy them... Two cities renowned for male homosexual activity, utterly destroyed without any warning or chance of reprieve...Didnt even tell them to stop and "repent" - just said sod that they disgust me Im gonna destroy them all !!

As to a SPIRITUAL objection to the act - well isnt it obvious..??... Just think of the ACTUAL ACT ITSELF - of placing that intimate body part INSIDE that other DISGUSTING body part - and well - your own Soul will tell you just how abhorant that ACTUALLY is - at least - if you know and listen TO your Soul - then it WILL tell you clearly that that act itself is a complete no no - utterly DEGRADING yourself for "sexual pleasure" - focusing wholly on purely mortal physical sensations and pursuing them always at the direct cost of your Souls truth..

From a spiritual perspective the homosexual act is entirely WRONG - no other words will suffice...It - the ACT itself - is all about sexual pleasure and has nothing to do with "love" at all (before any body starts here trying to confuse the issue) - the ACT itself is apurely sexual act that IS UTTERLY DEGRADING - and again , no other term fits it better or even comes close to an accurate description.....To the SOUL, this is a most base act indeed, and indeed, the Soul is totally ignored as the queer seeks out his sexual pleasure in that way...It has NOTHING to do with "love" or "relationship" at all despite what some may now try to claim - it IS all about the purely PHYSICAL circumstances and it IS all about gaining sexual pleasure and domination for the SAKE of sexual pleasure and domination.....There is NOTHING that can be considered as sacred, holy or spiritual within that act, nothing that could even be considered as "love" in that act, for it is wholly degrading to both people involved...

Now - some people will be up in arms now - slagging me off left right and centre no doubt - BUT - all you straight guys here - just THINK for a moment...Place your Self in a homosexual encounter and I GUARANTEE that your Soul will scream very loudly that it is wrong !!! Imagine the ACTUAL ACT and what is about to happen - a guy is about to mount you, penetrate you and have his way with you - still think its good ok and acceptable..??....Think about it...As he actually enters you, still think this is acceptable..??...Or you, about to penetrate another mans anus..?....Are you SURE thats what you really want to do..??.......THIS is what the tabboo here is REALLY About -your SOUL and its desires !!!

If you can go through with such acts then you clearly DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOUR SOUL AT ALL - and yes I will just state that very clearly - homosexuals are not spiritually aware - very base - purely physical concerns - and to my Soul - THAT is the real problem - homosexuals are spiritually ignorant, deaf and blind to their own Souls - and sadly - very sadly in this modern world - there seems to be this thing where they overwhelm society now, making it seem like its "normal" and "natural" - when actually - it is NEVER normal or natural at all and it is this whole issue - UNNATURAL BASE SEXUAL DESIRE that is the real spiritual taboo....Pursuing such base desires will inevitably drown out the Soul entirely and so that individual is self sabotaging their own spiritual journey and progression - making it acceptable in society in general, will likewise - obviously - sabotage our spiritual progression also - society Im afraid is going BACKWARDS now in terms of it s spirituality - not many people ACTUALLY listening tot heir own Soul - and even less that are then willing to stand up and speak their truth openly, and this is not a good thing at all....See the results ..??...A BROKEN society we have now - wholly dysfunctional - run by spiritually ignorant people who place such base physical concerns above the eternal concerns of spirit...This - open homosexuality being embraced as normal - unnatural things being defended and condoned as normal - this is a symptom Im afraid that tells us society as we would LIKE it to be, is all but finished and is fast getting out of reach for us......Too many spiritually ignorant people following political correctness - following herd mentality for the sake of acceptance - without actually paying attention to the crucial truth of Self...
Okay, first of all if you're going that route you might as well say all sex between everyone is nothing but physical pleasure. Because news flash one does tend to orgasm during sex acts. Which does in fact elicit physical pleasure. Funny bit of biology that. On the flip side sex acts between a couple can act as a bonding experience, again this is basic biology. And the funny thing about is, biology doesn't make the distinction between a gay couple sexually bonding or a straight one. We can actually measure this using science mate. If we propose that God controls biology well then that would be a rather dick move on his part to just find one part of it "icky" and tell his followers that. Bit of a mind****.
And of course it would be disgusting to heterosexual people to think about doing the act. Duh! They're heterosexual!!! And you've told gay people to find it disgusting for centuries. Don't act all surprised when some of them actually are affected by such prominent propaganda.
In saying that a homosexual might have the same reaction thinking about doing heterosexual acts. It's something called personal taste. Perhaps you've heard of it?
Just because I literally get sick at the thought of Oysters Kilpatrick doesn't mean the dish is an abomination. You don't see me protesting at my local Fisho holding up OT quotes and calling for it to be banned. I just don't happen to personally find it appealing. But other people have different tastes so they might enjoy it everyday.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My question wasn't addressing the fact that he detests homosexuality, but why he does. The reason.

The why was the reasons I gave in my reply. The three reasons that they believe homosexuality is an action and is promiscuous in nature, so that's a sin. Others believe homosexual sexual orientation doesn't exist so it's a choice; that's a sin. Some still link homosexuality to sexual abuse. Sexual abuse is a sin.

Unless you know god personally and can tell me how he told you he hates homosexuality, the only thing I can go by is what scripture says (which does not mention homosexuality in reference to orientation but in reference to action) and what Christians say. It's an act.

That is why.

Well, all the Christians I've heard from cite at least one of the three passages I put in my OP. In effect God says he detests homosexuality and calls it a sin.

Christians say he does. Scripture says he distaste homosexual behavior that Christians define as homosexuality itself rather than separating homosexuality from same-sex sex. They don't know the difference.

With that, the only way I'd know if homosexuality is a sin (the sexual orientation) is if you actually talked to god. Outside of that, biblical translators didn't know what homosexuality was back then. We still trying to figure that out now. So, to blame and use scripture as god's word (on both sides) would be inappropriate.

What has god told you personally?

That's the way I've seen Christians, except perhaps yourself, define it: "Homosexuality" = homosexual behavior. NOT the sexual orientation itself.

Leviticus 13 And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 24 Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves:​

That's why it is a sin above. It's a promiscuous behavior based on lust. That's against god.

Can we agree that promiscuous behavior is against god of the bible?

Of course not. Most people today don't take all the directives of the God of Abraham that seriously. They pick and choose which to follow. Because of your needs you, evidently, disregard Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13; and Romans 1:24, 26-27. Which leads me to ask if this is the basis for believing everything else in the Bible: whether or not it suits your purposes?

Do you know why?
Homosexuality, to many christians, is an action not a sexual orientation (mentioned above). As such, sexual actions are only committed a. within marriage and b. between male and female.

What does fortification have to do with this?

Homosexuality and heterosexuality for that matter done in lust and opposite sex outside of marriage are both sins. The latter because if it is done outside of marriage. The former because it is not male and female.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJ21)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Be not deceived: Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor the effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,​

This is why it is a sin. Homosexuality is considered a lust action not a sexual orientation.

Well, believe it or not, but I do have a reading ability past that of a nine year-old. So when I read," “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death." I comprehend that it means that people who have sex with anyone of the same sex must be killed. . . . well, men anyway.

Exactly. They outlawed the killing part, though in the US. Other countries, some you can get arrested. Americans do still protest, indoctrinate, and fuss at people though. We act like that's not killing but it's a form of verbal abuse. Not many Christians see that especially the ones who are very passionate about their beliefs.

I only know what I read, and what Christians say they believe. I read that God obviously abhors homosexuality, and Christians have essentially said the same.

It's true. They believe homosexuality is an action. Scripture says it is an action. The verses you posted says homosexuality, idolotry, etc (I'd have to get the mimicking verse) is promiscuous behavior. PB is against god. Christians conclude its a sin.

It's pretty simple, right?

If you think I've changed scripture, please point it out.

It sounds like you're trying to interpret scripture to say Christians are wrong somehow by listing verses that say the opposite. It's confusion.

Do you have verses that specifically support your views?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hi Carlita. But to you God does not exist!! So now you want to say He has hang ups He suddenly exists??

I hope you have a nice holiday season and happy new year.

Huh? God doesn't exist.

He does according to scripture. It has nothing to do with what I believe. It is point blank in scripture. It says homosexuality is an action and promiscuous action (lust). Lustful actions are against god. It is a sin.

It's simple.

I don't understand your reply and "have a nice holiday" does not sound like a nice tone but a drop off conversation. It annoys the mess out of me when people-I mean people- do that.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
Do you disagree?
Do you agree?

/scratching my head/

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What's Skwim's big hang up with sacred scripture he doesn't believe in, knows he can't change, but keeps making threads on?

I remember you asking why American culture is so sexually repressed, and the answer to both of your questions is because of the influence of religious fundamentalism. You don't have to believe in it to experience the social consequences of other's belief in it.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Please don't feel obligated to respond to my threads or even my posts in the threads of others. OR even read them for that matter. In fact, perhaps it would be beneficial to your mental health if upon seeing my avatar you quickly avert your gaze altogether. Whatever helps. :shrug:

Nah Skwim, I don't have any hostility or illfeeling toward you. I just became sick of this topic when it was being discussed to death over the U.S. gay marriage issue and so on.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
god is a closet homosexual. Fear is the answer. Plus the act itself is a vile one and unclean. So he has a lot of differences to leaf through.

We are all the result of a mysterious Source who is neither jealous or envious. and not male or female. Humans feel the need for stories to believe.

In the middle of the word believe there is a lie - John Trudell