• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Hangup With Homosexuality?

Blastcat

No, I understand exactly why atheists and agnostics care to discuss religion. It's not a problem. That is what we are here for. But going through the same topic, in this case homosexuality, over and over and over, with the same person, becomes very tiresome.

I can understand that very well.

However, you must understand that you might not be the only person reading these posts. I write for that "invisible audience" who might just be "sitting on that fence" and wondering about the religion that they were brought up in... what's UP with that?

So I do my best to make a good case for humanism, atheism, agnosticism, skepticism, and so on...

In this case, it's plain to see that the Bible has some pretty hateful verses concerning gay men, for example. And maybe that's why some fundamentalist believers ( more literal believers ) still hold that men having sex with other men is an "abomination to the Lord" as it says in the Bible. It makes sense to me that people who believe in the Bible as the holy word of their god believe what it says.

Make sense?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I can understand that very well.

However, you must understand that you might not be the only person reading these posts. I write for that "invisible audience" who might just be "sitting on that fence" and wondering about the religion that they were brought up in... what's UP with that?

So I do my best to make a good case for humanism, atheism, agnosticism, skepticism, and so on...

In this case, it's plain to see that the Bible has some pretty hateful verses concerning gay men, for example. And maybe that's why some fundamentalist believers ( more literal believers ) still hold that men having sex with other men is an "abomination to the Lord" as it says in the Bible. It makes sense to me that people who believe in the Bible as the holy word of their god believe what it says.

Make sense?
Of course it makes sense. And you can count me in with the fundamentalists, in that case.

:p

Blastcat

Of course it makes sense. And you can count me in with the fundamentalists, in that case.

:p

I'm really sorry to hear that.

So, are you saying that you believe that a man having sex with another man is an abomination to the Lord?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm really sorry to hear that.

So, are you saying that you believe that a man having sex with another man is an abomination to the Lord?
I'm not going to reinterpret the Torah to suit modern liberal feelings. So yes, I do believe that.

No need to feel sorry for me.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What's Skwim's big hang up with sacred scripture he doesn't believe in, knows he can't change, but keeps making threads on?
When Christians try to impose their religion's rules on non-Christians, Christian doctrine and its justification are everyone's business.

Don't like it? Keep your religion to yourself and get your fellow Christians to do the same.

Blastcat

Neither can a man and a woman when the woman isn't ovulating (i.e. most of the time).

A woman can't have babies when she is dancing with her male partner, either.. there are lots of times when a mommy isn't going to have a baby brother or sister for you darling.

Mommy and daddy aren't having sex all the time.
But we try.. now go to bed.

Daddy put some Barry White on the record playa

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
When Christians try to impose their religion's rules on non-Christians, Christian doctrine and its justification are everyone's business.

Don't like it? Keep your religion to yourself and get your fellow Christians to do the same.
I'm not a Christian.

Blastcat

I'm not going to reinterpret the Torah to suit modern liberal feelings. So yes, I do believe that.

No need to feel sorry for me.

It's ok for me to feel what I like.. you don't care what people think about you or your religious beliefs, apparently.

I'm a humanist, so I care about people.

Ok, so you believe that a man having sex with another man is an abomination to the Lord. What are the consequences of that belief in your life?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Homosexuality is an important topic.
It gives the Westboro Baptists yet another reason to preach
HATE in the name of whatever "god" they follow.
Maybe it makes such people feel superior in their stagnant
closed minded bigoted world.
All 80 strong of them.
They hide when they masturbate and then lie about doing it.:rolleyes:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't know that.
Could you tell me what god you believe in?

The Jewish God.
My mistake. I remembered you saying that you were an Orthodox Christian, but I guess I got that wrong.

It's fine!

In any case, I don't want to put my beliefs on anyone. If people don't follow the book I read, the God I believe in, that's not my business and of course they're going to have a different point of view to me. If the State wants to legalise gay marriage, what can I do about that? I'll leave the ultimate judgement to HaShem and just go on with my own life. It's not my job to go around trying to convert everyone to my beliefs.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you mean that if a man has sex with another man that no sons at all would be born in Israel? Men would not have sex with women ever again if they have sex with a man? Not all men want to have sex with other men.

Why do you think that gay men prevent heterosexual men from having sex with women?
Misunderstanding. You are not alone. LOL

The Lord knows each heart. The heart is what the person is. A homosexual man is himself refusing to be someone who might do the will of God which is to multiply. Anyway, if that was a real question.....haha

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You just got to the point.
We all understand.

Your original post was a mess.. that sounded all religiousy.
OK. I think it is a religiousy topic, so, thanks for implying I am on board with it (even though you didn't mean to do it). How's that?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I have two friends, both gay men that live together.
I'm straight, always have been, a natural situation for me.
I'm engaged to a fine lady.
My fiance and I enjoy our gay buddies, sometimes socialize with one another.
My fiance and I seldom even speak of our friends sexuality.
It's just not important to us I suppose.
Both our gay men friends are in recovery from alcohol addiction as am
I.
These men are my A.A. sponsor and co-sponsor. They help guide
me through life's minefields that could jeopardize my sobriety.
What part does being gay play in this life/death struggle for me?
Why NOTHING!
We all attend recovery group meetings and never once have I observed
any ill will towards these gay men. We are all fighting addiction together.
At meetings my sponsor greets me with a kiss. ON THE LIPS.
Affection, not a sexual pass.
I am not offended by this in any way.
Anyone have an issue with my acceptance? Well then meet me on the
playground after school and we'll throw stones at one another.
Cheeesh.
GOD can judge. I can NOT!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Edit.

In the Bible, it is not an abomination for a gay man to have sex.

In the Bible, it is an abomination for a straight man to have sex.

Do you agree or disagree and why?

In other words, solve the corny riddle/joke. o_O

Last edited: