• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Problem with Homosexuality?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Do you happen to know what the definition of an unwanted berating idiot who lives to pointlessly looking for things that aren't there simply to cause a rift between two groups of people or ideas?
A long list of Catholic priests from the Spanish inquisition might serve as suitable examples.

Find some other Hindu guy to berate for not finding the idea of evolution from microscopic algae. Ignorance might not be contagious but trying to hold onto it while interacting with others simply for putting them down is annoying, at least for me.
Feel free to Google Hinduism at your own time.
I've to brush my teeth and have my breakfast.
Good day. :)

That is a logical fallacy called "Ad hominem".

Also reported for personal attack.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Seeing at the variance of Hinduism and the origin of the label, it should probably not actually be considered one religion, but actually various.

Now it's a collection of various religions

While previously it was:

Hinduism: "A religion" of India that emphasizes freedom from the material world through purification of desires and elimination of personal identity.

Report this one too. ;)

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Now it's a collection of various religions

While previously it was:

Hinduism: "A religion" of India that emphasizes freedom from the material world through purification of desires and elimination of personal identity.

Report this one too. ;)

I was using the definition of Hinduism, I did not say I agree with Hinduism being a label.

Subhankar Zac

I was using the definition of Hinduism, I did not say I agree with Hinduism being a label.

The definition itself is NOT A SINGLE religion.
Should I have to go back and quote the lines where you thought that there is something definite as a Hindu scripture....And also that Hinduism and science don't mix since all religions are strict single dogma with no place for Science?
How did you not agree it being a single religion?

idav

Being
Premium Member
As the story goes, everything in the Bible has, at the very least, his stamp of approval.

Last time I checked Jesus essentially through out the law but apparently Paul didn't get the message.

Subhankar Zac

There are a lot of hindu scriptures.

Never said that.

That is a logical fallacy called a strawman.

There are a lot of hindu scriptures.- "Finishing with the 7 Kandas of Ramayana, asks who's father is Sita."

And, We have dictionaries with us... Nor was the definition asked by anyone.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
#OriginOfReligion

Re: the above comment.
I quite agree! Primitive man reached for an apple and could pluck and eat it.
One night that primitive man reached for a star and could not reach it.
Thus "god" must have created and put the star(s) there beyond the reach of man.

Haven't we humans always invented something supernatural for things difficult
to explain?

One excuse I always hated was the adult reply to a child when the child's
loved one passed away.

"God took your friend ( sister, mother, insert word of choice ) because another
angel was needed in heaven."

And then parents wonder why the child is confused and might even end up hating
any concept of a benevolent higher power.

Sully

Sexual immorality is rampant in our culture. Homosexuality is sin, just as premarital sex is sin and sex out of the bonds of marriage is sin, covetousness is sin.

We don't like to talk about sin in our culture ...tolerance is perceived as the pinnacle of character traits; however, I don't believe that is true. Would it be more loving for a parent to tolerate bad behavior from child or is it more loving for a parent to discipline a child who is misbehaving?

While dealing with sin must always be accompanied with love. We all are sinners and we must strive for righteousness. Remember we are just sojourners in this world. We were made for eternity so when we say no to behavior we do so with love to prevent a separation from God.

Sometimes I wonder if Satan identifies specific people and uses sexual urges to trip people who would be powerful spiritual leaders.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sexual immorality is rampant in our culture. Homosexuality is sin, just as premarital sex is sin and sex out of the bonds of marriage is sin, covetousness is sin.

We don't like to talk about sin in our culture ...tolerance is perceived as the pinnacle of character traits; however, I don't believe that is true. Would it be more loving for a parent to tolerate bad behavior from child or is it more loving for a parent to discipline a child who is misbehaving?

While dealing with sin must always be accompanied with love. We all are sinners and we must strive for righteousness. Remember we are just sojourners in this world. We were made for eternity so when we say no to behavior we do so with love to prevent a separation from God.

Sometimes I wonder if Satan identifies specific people and uses sexual urges to trip people who would be powerful spiritual leaders.

It's ok to state your opinions here -- so long as you state them as opinions, Sully. But preaching is against Forum rules.