• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Bible say about Hermaphrodites?

shmogie

Reality disagrees with the "extremely tiny number" that you say, the truth is there but you need to dare accept it. You believe otherwise, but you don't need to look far for the suffering this belief of yours causes. I think mutilating babies because is disgusting and even more the lives that are being ruined by it.
Well then, give me the stastistics that prove me wrong. Your opinion is not evidence of anything but your opinion.

Jumi

Well then, give me the stastistics that prove me wrong. Your opinion is not evidence of anything but your opinion.
All right, I suppose you won't produce any proof of extremely small numbers or even define what it is. I'll let you move the goal posts and save your fantastic worldview. As you know the children mutilated aren't in many statistics. There's even a country where they don't exist, supposedly! The only one on earth.

Since you and I are both lazy, I'll let you pick the number between 1:2000 and 1.7%.

You should know that for me the number doesn't matter, I was just laughing at the "extremely small number", as if those who are unlucky to be few don't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

shmogie

All right, I suppose you won't produce any proof of extremely small numbers or even define what it is. I'll let you move the goal posts and save your fantastic worldview. As you know the children mutilated aren't in many statistics. There's even a country where they don't exist, supposedly! The only one on earth.

Since you and I are both lazy, I'll let you pick the number between 1:2000 and 1.7%.

You should know that for me the number doesn't matter, I was just laughing at the "extremely small number", as if those who are unlucky to be few don't matter.
An extremely small number cannot be inflated to a large number no matter how much you blow on it.

A fantastic world view ? No Biblical moral position, and allowing parents to make decisions in concert with their physicians is fantastic ?

Obviously you live a very cloistered life if you think that is fantastic.

You tell me it happens all the time, yet you haven¨t a clue how often it happens.

My wife before retirement was the business manager of a 7 doc ob/gyn group. She fulfilled this role for 3 years before moving on to an opthalmology group.. In those 3 years no child was delivered with this condition. There were other genetic abnormalities, not this one.

That is 36 months of 7 docs each delivering babies every week, and supervising OB/GYN residents doing the same, with 0 deliveries of one of these babies.

You just want to argue about something you know little about.

Argue with yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jumi

An extremely small number cannot be inflated to a large number no matter how much you blow on it.
Then how small is it? How many little ones would you be willing to sacrifice to keep them out of sight? What would be a good number to sacrifice?

My wife before retirement was the business manager of a 7 doc ob/gyn group. She fulfilled this role for 3 years before moving on to an opthalmology group.. In those 3 years no child was delivered with this condition. There were other genetic abnormalities, not this one.
I suppose you want to provide proof of this?

Argue with yourself.
Why don't you?

Prestor John

What many people miss is that an indeterminate number of these folk who are said to be suffering from a fantasy were 'groomed and brainwashed' for the role by overzealous and egocentric Mental Health Therapists and Drug makers. I am hearing about just lots of people finding that the role does not fit them and they "detransition" back to their original gender where possible.

T folk do not actually have a life, being driven to live a painfully lonely existence. The best clinical evidence that the transgender diagnosis is flawed is that the suicide rate does not decline with assuming their transgender 'gender' role. I think there are other causative factors here. I often hear about horrendous childhood abuse that results in PTSD and I feel that many of these folk simply needed to be treated for that and were never transgender.

I don't address any homosexuality or lesbianism. Most transitioned T folk are not sexually active in my experience.

Much of the above comes from personal experience and observation.
I agree with pretty much everything you just said.

They need more love and support and less hormones and scalpels.

Prestor John

Respect? Your beliefs and the mutilations of those babies cause a lot of human suffering in adulthood, can't you see?
That comment was in regards to trasngenderism, not intersex people.
The topic isn't transgenders, but intersexuals.
It was the topic of the comment I responded to.
You know, the babies born both male and female, that are being mutilated to keep up a fantasy that there's only male and female.
There is only male and female. Those are the only sexes. The only genders.

There being aberrations does not change that fact.
Then when some poor kid, mutilated at birth to male when the doctors couldn't tell which it was closer to starts growing breasts naturally and feels completely female how you gonna judge her?
I most likely wouldn't judge her at all unless she makes unreasonable demands and tries to get me fired for not complying with them.
"Oh mistakes were made, but it's her fault for being born" right?
The only "fault" I have discussed about this and other related issues is the effort to change biological fact or dictate law according to subjective perception of self.

There are only the two gender. Two sexes. If someone is abnormal or atypical, they suffer from a deformity.

It does not create a new sex or gender.

Prestor John

I agree what that statement 100%. And those babies exist and are being mutilated daily, you just need to look and know the truth instead of believing fantasies.

Well they exist, so who is believing objective reality? You just say, chop them off and problem solved.

Severe enough to make your belief in being born male or female untenable.

And that changes what? The fact that doctors "fixed" them to the wrong gender because they had no chance of knowing if they were born male or female.
The vastly overwhelming majority of babies born can have their sex determined by a mere visual inspection.

What to do with a baby born with an abnormality should be decided by the parents.

If there are doctors making the decision for themselves then I would take issue with it.

However, using all modern science to make a determination and having the parent's permission to perform the surgery is not wrong.

If a mistake happens, blame the parents or sue the hospital or whatever.

These problems don't create mythical genders or sexes.