• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Bible say about Hermaphrodites?

Prestor John

So you want to believe, but the truth is in front of your eyes.
The truth is that nothing in this world is perfect.

That does not mean we slap aside what we have already come to know to be true.
Biology says otherwise.
I vehemently disagree and maintain that anyone who makes such a claim is motivated by something other than the truth of objective reality.
Would you consider a girl with a beard and high testosterone levels with a preference for girls and manly voice a great result of an operation?
That depends on the individual and how severe their case was.

There are women with beards, high testosterone and a preference for girls without any operations.

shmogie

What judgment?

Have I ever said that anyone confused about their sex is somehow being immoral? Bad? Sinful?

I can claim that there are only the two sexes. The two genders. Without any judgment.

I can state the fact that a biological man cannot become a biological woman and vice versa without making any "judgment" about anyone.
You are correct. A male is a male and a female is a female, the biology is absolute and cannot be changed.

Psychologically, one may feel they are the opposite sex, and choose to live and act as that opposite sex.

This is a fantasy role that flies in the face of the biologic reality.

However that is perfectly fine, liberty means that a person can make choices of this kind.

Others may choose to be part of the fantasy, that's fine too.

However, others may choose to see reality as it is. As long as they they have a live and let live attitude and are respectful to those in the fantasy, that's fine too.

Ellen Brown

You are correct. A male is a male and a female is a female, the biology is absolute and cannot be changed.

Psychologically, one may feel they are the opposite sex, and choose to live and act as that opposite sex.

However that is perfectly fine, liberty means that a person can make choices of this kind.

However, others may choose to see reality as it is. As long as they they have a live and let live attitude and are respectful to those in the fantasy, that's fine too.

I really like the Native American approach, and wish I had known about it 20 years ago. They essentially see males, females and feminine males and masculine females. Sexual orientation doesn't need to be discussed here. Psychological types made grievous errors and took people down a disastrous path. I do not expect any sort of apologies or recanting of their approach. Hopefully they will just stop.

I don't expect old line Christians to alter their approach but happily they will pass on and perhaps the youth will accept that a man doesn't have to like football and a woman doesn't have to sew and bake bread to be loved by God. Again, no mention of homosexuality of any sort here.

shmogie

I really like the Native American approach, and wish I had known about it 20 years ago. They essentially see males, females and feminine males and masculine females. Sexual orientation doesn't need to be discussed here. Psychological types made grievous errors and took people down a disastrous path. I do not expect any sort of apologies or recanting of their approach. Hopefully they will just stop.

I don't expect old line Christians to alter their approach but happily they will pass on and perhaps the youth will accept that a man doesn't have to like football and a woman doesn't have to sew and bake bread to be loved by God. Again, no mention of homosexuality of any sort here.
What you call old line Christians, which I guess I am, believe all people are loved by God, But God has standards.

As to who will be accepted by him in the end is none of my business, thatś between each individual and God.

Judging a soul is a terrible sin.

Ellen Brown

What you call old line Christians, which I guess I am, believe all people are loved by God, But God has standards.

As to who will be accepted by him in the end is none of my business, thatś between each individual and God.

Peace be unto you.

Ellen Brown

These days, by God or by satan, my entire focus is on God and pleasing him alone. I've been accused of awful things, but God knows. I'm 72. It can't be over soon enough. I wish I'd done better, and there appears to be no chance to remedy the past.

lukethethird

unknown member
Suppose there were a person whose gender would be indeterminate at birth. Let's say this person matures into a person with an overdeveloped clitoris / underdeveloped penis. What type of sexual behavior from such a person would be permissible, according to the Bible?
Just ask a priest with a wink and a nod.

shmogie

These days, by God or by satan, my entire focus is on God and pleasing him alone. I've been accused of awful things, but God knows. I'm 72. It can't be over soon enough. I wish I'd done better, and there appears to be no chance to remedy the past.
The important thing is that God loves you so much, that if you were the only person on earth, His Son would have died for you.

We all have greater or lesser things in our pasts that are black marks against us as sinners.

My past is replete with hideous choices and terrible pain that I have caused others.

I cannot remedy what I have done, yet God has forgiven me, and by his Son, He has given me peace.

Peace to you, through Jesus Christ, the Son of God, you can be made whole, no more accountable, a new person.

NEVER despair of your life, it is Gods gift to you, and when your work for him is done, not before, it will end.

But, as Scripture says, like in the twinkling of an eye, you will be face to face with He who received what you deserved, so you could receive what He deserved, forever.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Just ask a priest with a wink and a nod.

According to my analysis of convicted sex offenders, Priests as a group are less likely to be convicted sex abusers than the likelihood that non-Priests are likely to be convicted sex abusers.

Please let's examine the number of legally convicted sex crime offenders in the U.S., and then we can objectively compare what percentage of American Catholic Priests are convicted sex abusers in comparison to percentage of the overall general American adult population who are legally convicted sex abusers. There are 747,408 registered sex crime offenders in the U.S. If there are 747,408 registered sex crime offenders, then there are at least 747,408 convicted sex crime offenders in the overall general population of the U.S.

Out of 747,408 Registered Sex Offenders, How Many Are Actually Dangerous?

Out of 423 Christian American Priests, who have been convicted of sexual abuse, 150 of them were Catholic American Priests.

There are approximately 150 former American Catholic priests, who've been convicted of sex abuse.

Here Are The Details Of 423 Christian Priests Who Have Been Convicted Of Sexual Abuse

There are now approximately 60,000 American Catholic priests. 150 convicted sex abusers out of 60,000 means that approximately only one out of 400 American Catholic Priests (0.25 percent ) are convicted sex crime offenders. According to widely available U.S. Census data, there are approximately 240 million American adults ( age 18 or over ) 747,408 convicted sex abusers out of 240 million means that at least one out of 320 ( 0.31 percent ) of the American adult population are convicted sex crime offenders.

Only approximately 0.25 percent of American Priests are convicted sex crime offenders compared to at least 0.31 percent of the overall American adult population who are convicted sex crime offenders.

So then, when considering all legally defined sex crimes, Priests are still at least 25 percent less likely to be legally found guilty of a sex crime than the likelihood somebody who is a non-Priest is legally found guilty of a sex crime.

So then, I'd be more inclined with trusting a Priest to keep his hands away from me than how much I'd trust a stranger with keeping his hands away from me.

lukethethird

unknown member

So then, I'd be more inclined with trusting a Priest to keep his hands away from me than how much I'd trust a stranger with keeping his hands away from me.
That was my point, a priest would be more than willing to let you know what would be permissible, according to the Bible.

Prestor John

This is exactly how I feel.

We should respect those who suffer from this delusion, but they should also respect those who do not wish to participate in the fantasy.

Only when members of the transgender community become intolerant of others do I take any issue.

Ellen Brown

We should respect those who suffer from this delusion, but they should also respect those who do not wish to participate in the fantasy.

Only when members of the transgender community become intolerant of others do I take any issue.

What many people miss is that an indeterminate number of these folk who are said to be suffering from a fantasy were 'groomed and brainwashed' for the role by overzealous and egocentric Mental Health Therapists and Drug makers. I am hearing about just lots of people finding that the role does not fit them and they "detransition" back to their original gender where possible.

T folk do not actually have a life, being driven to live a painfully lonely existence. The best clinical evidence that the transgender diagnosis is flawed is that the suicide rate does not decline with assuming their transgender 'gender' role. I think there are other causative factors here. I often hear about horrendous childhood abuse that results in PTSD and I feel that many of these folk simply needed to be treated for that and were never transgender.

I don't address any homosexuality or lesbianism. Most transitioned T folk are not sexually active in my experience.

Much of the above comes from personal experience and observation.

Jumi

Nope. A normal baby cannot be changed from one sex to another by all the slicing and dicing the world. We are speaking of an extremely tiny number with characteristics of both sexes. Then surgery and support care can give them the sexual characteristics of one sex. If as adults they don care for the sex they are, there are opens that people of both sexes employ.
Reality disagrees with the "extremely tiny number" that you say, the truth is there but you need to dare accept it. You believe otherwise, but you don't need to look far for the suffering this belief of yours causes. I think mutilating babies because is disgusting and even more the lives that are being ruined by it.

Jumi

Respect? Your beliefs and the mutilations of those babies cause a lot of human suffering in adulthood, can't you see?

The topic isn't transgenders, but intersexuals. You know, the babies born both male and female, that are being mutilated to keep up a fantasy that there's only male and female. Then when some poor kid, mutilated at birth to male when the doctors couldn't tell which it was closer to starts growing breasts naturally and feels completely female how you gonna judge her? "Oh mistakes were made, but it's her fault for being born" right?

Jumi

I can only offer one bit of advice:
Forget your religious knowledge, and find out who God is first.
Not the God created in the image of religion, but the real one.
That's right. You can read, but if you're not "born again" from finding and experiencing God ourselves, it's all just talk.

Jumi

The truth is that nothing in this world is perfect.

That does not mean we slap aside what we have already come to know to be true.
I agree what that statement 100%. And those babies exist and are being mutilated daily, you just need to look and know the truth instead of believing fantasies.

I vehemently disagree and maintain that anyone who makes such a claim is motivated by something other than the truth of objective reality.
Well they exist, so who is believing objective reality? You just say, chop them off and problem solved.

That depends on the individual and how severe their case was.
Severe enough to make your belief in being born male or female untenable.

There are women with beards, high testosterone and a preference for girls without any operations.
And that changes what? The fact that doctors "fixed" them to the wrong gender because they had no chance of knowing if they were born male or female.

Ellen Brown

Nope. A normal baby cannot be changed from one sex to another by all the slicing and dicing the world. We are speaking of an extremely tiny number with characteristics of both sexes. Then surgery and support care can give them the sexual characteristics of one sex. If as adults they don care for the sex they are, there are opens that people of both sexes employ.

About 2% of those born are not XX or XY, but some combination that is Intersex. Had I known what I would face when I found out I am XXY, I would have suicided.

shmogie

About 2% of those born are not XX or XY, but some combination that is Intersex. Had I known what I would face when I found out I am XXY, I would have suicided.
Never the right solution, but I know from experience it can sure seem like it.