• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does theory become fact?

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Exactly the point of this thread!

It has to do with theory, proof, fact, etc. However, if concerned pink elephants that wouldn't make your blatant contradiction any less an indication that you haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about (and that, despite your reliance on arcane assertions so as to avoid any need to defend your viewpoint, you've still indicated you contradict yourself).
I know gravity is real.....that's a fact.
I don't have to prove it.....that's a fact.
Good ideas need proving to become fact.

These are your words, your assertions, your claims. They are a clear indication that you can't even manage to keep your own views straight. You contradict yourself. So why should anybody take your nonsense seriously?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It has to do with theory, proof, fact, etc. However, if concerned pink elephants that wouldn't make your blatant contradiction any less an indication that you haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about (and that, despite your reliance on arcane assertions so as to avoid any need to defend your viewpoint, you've still indicated you contradict yourself).

These are your words, your assertions, your claims. They are a clear indication that you can't even manage to keep your own views straight. You contradict yourself. So why should anybody take your nonsense seriously?

Tell me ......do you believe in gravity?.....or must I find words of proof?

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[QUOTE="Thief, post: 4115978, member: 18084"If you survive the fall.....are you going to say....gravity is a false idea?[/QUOTE]

Again I ask you to demonstrate your conception of gravity is capable of the successes of general relativity, which doesn't include gravity and gravity is unable to replicate these successes.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tell me ......do you believe in gravity?.....or must I find words of proof?
I am pretty content with the blatant, obvious, and complete contradiction in your own posts. However, if you'd like to dig yourself a deeper grave, by all means do so.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then please answer previous post....
I am not sure what post you refer to, but thankfully I don't have. to. You blatantly contradicted yourself so obviously that anybody with a passing familiarity with the English language would recognize how thoroughly your posts contradict one another.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not sure what post you refer to, but thankfully I don't have. to. You blatantly contradicted yourself so obviously that anybody with a passing familiarity with the English language would recognize how thoroughly your posts contradict one another.
"'I have answered three questions, and that is enough,'
Said his father, 'don’t give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
Be off, or I’ll kick you downstairs!'”
-C. L. Dodgson

I have answered your question in more than one way in more than one place. You have dodged all of mine, yet still managed to contradict yourself.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
"'I have answered three questions, and that is enough,'
Said his father, 'don’t give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
Be off, or I’ll kick you downstairs!'”
-C. L. Dodgson

I have answered your question in more than one way in more than one place. You have dodged all of mine, yet still managed to contradict yourself.

A simple yes or no will do.....do you affirm.....gravity is real?

Straw Dog

Hey there Thief,

Your turn....can you believe in something you cannot prove?

Do you believe in gravity?

Of course, practically speaking, we must believe in things that we cannot prove with 100% certainty.

The good news is that I do not need to believe in gravity in order to be here-now and to act now.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hey there Thief,

Of course, practically speaking, we must believe in things that we cannot prove with 100% certainty.

The good news is that I do not need to believe in gravity in order to be here-now and to act now.

Gravity is now and forever....it is relentless.
It is an item we live with and cannot deny.

So it is possible to know an such an item....see and feel the effect...and not prove it?

Straw Dog

Gravity is now and forever....it is relentless.
It is an item we live with and cannot deny.

So it is possible to know an such an item....see and feel the effect...and not prove it?

Yes, you do have a point, if I am understanding correctly. I see and feel the effects of gravity, but I cannot prove without a shadow of a doubt that gravity exists because I do not really understand it.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, you do have a point, if I am understanding correctly. I see and feel the effects of gravity, but I cannot prove without a shadow of a doubt that gravity exists because I do not really understand it.
And according to one of the most successful theories of all time, it doesn't exist.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Nor does anyone else.
We are certain the presence of mass 'somehow' brings gravity with it.
But that breaks down in the small world of sub-atomic particles.

So Einstein had doubts....yes he did.
But he went forward with his belief.

We still don't know the nature of gravity.
We can calculate it's behavior accurately...but we cannot say how it forms.
We just know it's there.

This aspect of belief opens other doors.