• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Jesus died.Did his spirit go to the center of the earth?

syo

So, you do think he died, but he was still alive ... Don't you?

Let's see what Jesus has to say:

Rev. 1:18 (...) he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of [Hades].
... 2:8 (...) ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again ...

Do you think that what Jesus says supports what you say?
?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Frank Goad said:

Jesus was laid in the tomb of Joseph Arimathea for treatment of his wounds and he suffered there a hell of suffering and pain, that is what Jesus meant, please. Right?

Regards

syo

Frank Goad said:

Jesus was laid in the tomb of Joseph Arimathea for treatment of his wounds and he suffered there a hell of suffering and pain, that is what Jesus meant, please. Right?

Regards
?
I don't know.

Eli G

You said Jesus died and went somewhere else, so was somehow still ALIVE.

BUT: Jesus said he was DEAD, and dead means not-alive. Do you really understand what the expression "being dead" means?

What did it mean when Jesus said that he had been DEAD and had COME TO LIVE AGAIN?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Rev. 1:18 (...) he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of [Hades].
... 2:8 (...) ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again ...

Let's talk about what his followers thought about this matter: when Jesus breathed his last on the stake, how did that affect his disciples and why?

Meditate on what the Scripture says and visualize the event and those next two days as if you had been one of his followers when he was alive.

Did they think he was still alive somewhere?
" So, you do think he died, but he was still alive ... Don't you?

Yes, Jesus was the same as before the event of crucifixion, alive in body and spirit. This was confirmed by Thomas Didymus by putting his hand in the wounds of Jesus, it is the body that has wounds not the spirit. Right?

Regards

Colt

Yes

Let's talk about what his followers thought about this matter: when Jesus breathed his last on the stake, how did that affect his disciples and why?

Meditate on what the Scripture says and visualize the event and those next two days as if you had been one of his followers when he was alive.

Did they think he was still alive somewhere?
Yes, only his temporary mortal body died. Jesus said that he would return from apparent death on his own.

Colt

Frank Goad said:

Regards
That’s ridiculous! Who puts a wounded man in a tomb for treatment?

Eli G

I see: Jesus said something about "coming back to live", but you are saying something different ... His followers were sad because they knew he was nowhere else but dead so They lost all hope because he had died ... but you say they were sad for nothing because he was not dead.

Well, thanks for sharing what you believe. I stick with what the Scripture says.

Luke 24:17 He said to them: “What are these matters that YOU are debating between yourselves as YOU walk along?” And they stood still with sad faces. 18 In answer the one named Cleʹo·pas said to him: “Are you dwelling as an alien by yourself in Jerusalem and so do not know the things that have occurred in her in these days?” 19 And he said to them: “What things?” They said to him: “The things concerning Jesus the Naz·a·reneʹ, who became a prophet powerful in work and word before God and all the people; 20 and how our chief priests and rulers handed him over to the sentence of death and impaled him. 21 But we were hoping that this [man] was the one destined to deliver Israel; yes, and besides all these things, this makes the third day since these things occurred. 22 Moreover, certain women from among us also astonished us, because they had been early to the memorial tomb 23 but did not find his body and they came saying they had also seen a supernatural sight of angels, who said he is alive. 24 Further, some of those with us went off to the memorial tomb; and they found it so, just as the women had said, but they did not see him.”

I am sensing some kind of "let's play and make this guy to lose time" ... and believe me, you won't. Have a good one.

Colt

I see: Jesus said something about "coming back to live", but you are saying something different ... His followers were sad because they knew he was nowhere else but dead so They lost all hope because he had died ... but you say they were sad for nothing because he was not dead.

Well, thanks for sharing what you believe. I stick with what the Scripture says.

Luke 24:17 He said to them: “What are these matters that YOU are debating between yourselves as YOU walk along?” And they stood still with sad faces. 18 In answer the one named Cleʹo·pas said to him: “Are you dwelling as an alien by yourself in Jerusalem and so do not know the things that have occurred in her in these days?” 19 And he said to them: “What things?” They said to him: “The things concerning Jesus the Naz·a·reneʹ, who became a prophet powerful in work and word before God and all the people; 20 and how our chief priests and rulers handed him over to the sentence of death and impaled him. 21 But we were hoping that this [man] was the one destined to deliver Israel; yes, and besides all these things, this makes the third day since these things occurred. 22 Moreover, certain women from among us also astonished us, because they had been early to the memorial tomb 23 but did not find his body and they came saying they had also seen a supernatural sight of angels, who said he is alive. 24 Further, some of those with us went off to the memorial tomb; and they found it so, just as the women had said, but they did not see him.”

I am sensing some kind of "let's play and make this guy to lose time" ... and believe me, you won't. Have a good one.
“Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

21But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
That’s ridiculous! Who puts a wounded man in a tomb for treatment?
Well , that is what Jesus' followers/friends did, exactly and treated him Jesus with aloe and myrrh. Does one mean that they should have left him unattended for suffering and agony?
Perhaps one sides with Hellenist-Paul rather than Jesus and does not love Jesus but they loved Jesus. Right?

Regards

Colt

Well , that is what Jesus' followers/friends did, exactly and treated him Jesus with aloe and myrrh. Does one mean that they should have left him unattended for suffering and agony?
Perhaps one sides with Hellenist-Paul rather than Jesus and does not love Jesus but they loved Jesus. Right?

Regards
They didn’t “treat Jesus’” wounds, they were wrapping his dead body because he died on the cross. The reason Mary went back to the tomb was because she felt that the hasty preparation of the body wasn’t done write.

The claim that they took a wounded Jesus and put him in a tomb, rolled the stone in front of the door is laughable.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
They didn’t “treat Jesus’” wounds, they were wrapping his dead body because he died on the cross. The reason Mary went back to the tomb was because she felt that the hasty preparation of the body wasn’t done write.

The claim that they took a wounded Jesus and put him in a tomb, rolled the stone in front of the door is laughable.
If Jesus would have been G-d or Son-of-G-d, then he need not all these things, he would have risen in Golgotha before the very eyes of Jews for whom he was to show the Sign. Jesus' wounds were treated with the ointment prepared from (excessive) aloe and myrrh:
39 Nicodemus, who had previously come to Jesus at night, also brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.
John 19:39 Nicodemus, who had previously come to Jesus at night, also brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.
Right?

Regards

Mar 25, 2021 — Along with Nicodemus, Joseph took Jesus' body from the cross. They wrapped the body in linen stripes and 75 pounds of mixed aloe and myrrh.

Colt

If Jesus would have been G-d or Son-of-G-d, then he need not all these things, he would have risen in Golgotha before the very eyes of Jews for whom he was to show the Sign. Jesus' wounds were treated with the ointment prepared from (excessive) aloe and myrrh:
39 Nicodemus, who had previously come to Jesus at night, also brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.
John 19:39 Nicodemus, who had previously come to Jesus at night, also brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.
Right?

Regards

Mar 25, 2021 — Along with Nicodemus, Joseph took Jesus' body from the cross. They wrapped the body in linen stripes and 75 pounds of mixed aloe and myrrh.
It’s your opinion that Jesus should appear to non-believers who put him to death. He rewarded “faith” by appearing to those who believed in him.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It’s your opinion that Jesus should appear to non-believers who put him to death. He rewarded “faith” by appearing to those who believed in him.
So, one doesn't believe Jesus said:

Matthew 16:4
"A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.”
Matthew 16:4 NKJV - A wicked and adulterous… | Biblia
So one doesn't believe in Jesus but one prefers Paul over Jesus, I gather.
The Sign was for the Jews not for the Pauline-Hellenistic-Christians. Is that clear now, please? Right?

Regards

Colt

So, one doesn't believe Jesus said:

Matthew 16:4
"A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.”
Matthew 16:4 NKJV - A wicked and adulterous… | Biblia
So one doesn't believe in Jesus but one prefers Paul over Jesus, I gather.
The Sign was for the Jews not for the Pauline-Hellenistic-Christians. Is that clear now, please? Right?

Regards
No, its not clear or right! And Jesus did give the sign of Jonah as he said he would:

This was long before Paul-------------------->8On account of this, the Jews demanded, “What sign can You show us to prove Your authority to do these things?”19Jesus answered, "destroy this temple and "I" will raise it up again" "20“This temple took forty-six years to build,” the Jews replied, “and You are going to raise it up in three days?”21But Jesus was speaking about the temple of His body. 22After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. Then they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

I do believe what Jesus said, its you who doesn't believe what Jesus said and did so you are twisting the narrative in a desperate and absurd attempt to show that Jesus was faking his death on the cross, that he remained motionless when the guards stabbed him in the side, as they removed the spikes from his hands and feet! Then you claim that his followers took him to a tomb to recover???? The Jesus story is far more believable than your story!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No, its not clear or right! And Jesus did give the sign of Jonah as he said he would:

This was long before Paul-------------------->8On account of this, the Jews demanded, “What sign can You show us to prove Your authority to do these things?”19Jesus answered, "destroy this temple and "I" will raise it up again" "20“This temple took forty-six years to build,” the Jews replied, “and You are going to raise it up in three days?”21But Jesus was speaking about the temple of His body. 22After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. Then they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

I do believe what Jesus said, its you who doesn't believe what Jesus said and did so you are twisting the narrative in a desperate and absurd attempt to show that Jesus was faking his death on the cross, that he remained motionless when the guards stabbed him in the side, as they removed the spikes from his hands and feet! Then you claim that his followers took him to a tomb to recover???? The Jesus story is far more believable than your story!
So, one doesn't agree that when Jesus said " A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign" Jesus' was not addressing the Jews to show it to them. Right?

Regards

Colt

So, one doesn't agree that when Jesus said " A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign" Jesus' was not addressing the Jews to show it to them. Right?

Regards
They wanted a sign rather than discernment by faith.