• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Should We Not Love?

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
more you love God, more you love people. if one does not love people and says he loves God, it is not God who he loves maybe it is his ego who he loves. how could one loves God but does not love what God created? there is no chance for happiness in a life without love. we measure our love for God with our happiness in life. only if we make others happy, then we'd be happy. you can not make people happy if you don't love them.....
:bow: I bow to your wisdom.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
more you love God, more you love people. if one does not love people and says he loves God, it is not God who he loves maybe it is his ego who he loves. how could one loves God but does not love what God created? there is no chance for happiness in a life without love. we measure our love for God with our happiness in life. only if we make others happy, then we'd be happy. you can not make people happy if you don't love them.

A little some to add here.

I think love begins with loving oneself. For how can one truly love anything if you cannot love that which you are.

Heneni

Miss Independent
A little some to add here.

I think love begins with loving oneself. For how can one truly love anything if you cannot love that which you are.

Sorry to be the fly in the ointment..just wondering ...do you think satan loves himself, and therefore is able to love others?

Id say satan does love himself. There must be something more to the ...loving yourself concept.:)

Heneni

Miss Independent
Bet that was a beautiful site, and so rarely seen.

If you look closely at my photograph you will notice that the rainbow goes behind the tree (although difficult to see, the colors can be seen a little when looking through the tree). God is there but hidden. Still recommend coming to Virginia :), or maybe, communing with nature wherever you are.

I love to travel. Maybe i will go to virginia one day..who knows where my path will lead.

Darkwater

When truth steps in,you should love truth more than love.

Light refraction of sunlight through rain would produce a circle if you can see beyond the horizon,rather than the visible half circle traditionally associated with a rainbow,seeing as the sun is *round*.

So *God*(label) stopped loving his *son*(label)........mmmmmmmmmm,never thought of it like that.......seeing as I have never met either,nor ever shall I doubt this very much.

What liar told you this,or did you make it up yourself?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
would you explain what you're talking about?

Part of the Christian Jesus mythology is that God sent his son to die to cleanse the people of the world of their sins.

It makes no sense to me, either.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Is having a clean slate hard to understand? :sad:

No. How it's achieved through someone's death makes no sense. And I've asked many people how it works, and no one has EVER given me an answer that made sense. Now, if Jesus was sent to TELL us how to lead good lives and through WISDOM save us from sins... THAT makes sense.

Heneni

Miss Independent
No. How it's achieved through someone's death makes no sense. And I've asked many people how it works, and no one has EVER given me an answer that made sense. Now, if Jesus was sent to TELL us how to lead good lives and through WISDOM save us from sins... THAT makes sense.
When i visit earth again..ill give you the manual.

I know i have been forgiven, because i died, i was baptised in death, when jesus died on the cross...and i literally mean he pulled me into death, and i died. And that was my punishment. The wages of sin is death. But because he forgave me..he resurrected me again...and now i can never die again. That must be even harder to understand. And if jesus didnt rise from the dead, neither did I. That must be completely over the top....

Im sorry you dont understand that which I understand fully. But we have been through this...sort of...you are very sure of your beliefs and so am I. One of us is wrong...or both of us are right. Neither of us, want to see the other suffer.

Heneni.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
When i visit earth again..ill give you the manual.

I know i have been forgiven, because i died, i was baptised in death, when jesus died on the cross...and i literally mean he pulled me into death, and i died. And that was my punishment. The wages of sin is death. But because he forgave me..he resurrected me again...and now i can never die again. That must be even harder to understand. And if jesus didnt rise from the dead, neither did I. That must be completely over the top....

Im sorry you dont understand that which I understand fully. But we have been through this...sort of...you are very sure of your beliefs and so am I. One of us is wrong...or both of us are right. Neither of us, want to see the other suffer.

Heneni.

That last part is so true!!

But Jesus led a sinless life(unless you believe the Infancy Gospels to be canon :D), so I'm afraid it still makes no sense. But good for trying to explain it. ^_^

Though I think I might get it; you mean a spiritual rebirth... happens to me all the time. (I'm quite serious when I say that... every time I grow in my spiritual wisdom, I "die" and am "reborn" again) To me, the "punishment" is the humiliation from learning that you were wrong. (NOT a pleasant feeling, to say the least) and the "rebirth" is the realization of what you now know. ... that what you're talking about? Or maybe death as a sort of "withdrawal symptom" of stopping an addiction, which regardless of what the addiction is, is EXTREMELY painful. But once that's over, freedom is achieved.

I'm afraid that with those two explenations, that makes the Wisdom of Jesus far more important than the death on the cross... I don't at all agree with the idea Paul gave that "faith in Christ is useless unless he died and was resurrected". ... then again, I don't agree with most of what Paul said...

Heneni

Miss Independent
That last part is so true!!

But Jesus led a sinless life(unless you believe the Infancy Gospels to be canon :D), so I'm afraid it still makes no sense. But good for trying to explain it. ^_^

Though I think I might get it; you mean a spiritual rebirth... happens to me all the time. (I'm quite serious when I say that... every time I grow in my spiritual wisdom, I "die" and am "reborn" again) To me, the "punishment" is the humiliation from learning that you were wrong. (NOT a pleasant feeling, to say the least) and the "rebirth" is the realization of what you now know. ... that what you're talking about? Or maybe death as a sort of "withdrawal symptom" of stopping an addiction, which regardless of what the addiction is, is EXTREMELY painful. But once that's over, freedom is achieved.

I'm afraid that with those two explenations, that makes the Wisdom of Jesus far more important than the death on the cross... I don't at all agree with the idea Paul gave that "faith in Christ is useless unless he died and was resurrected". ... then again, I don't agree with most of what Paul said...

I agree with god that the wages of sin is death...eternal death...therefore eternal seperation from him. The only thing i can possibly gain by sinning is to die. What an aweful situation to be stuck in....so when jesus died on the cross...so did i...i died my spiritual death...i recieved the wages of my sin. I had a debt to pay and i paid it...i died....I should have stayed dead, but instead i was resurrected again, because god forgave me...and he could only forgive me, because jesus carried my sin away....when he pulled his son out of the grave...so did he pull me out as well.

I really believe that i existed when jesus was on the cross...and i really believe that he pulled my spirit out of darkness and into the kingdom of light. I was litteraly transferred from one place to the other. This earth is a training ground, and a place where i learn. If ive learnt enough, ill return to my lord. If i havent...ill come back here...but what i cannot do...is be eternally seperated from him. Temporarily seperated maybe, but only because i cant see him. For now...hes in me, around me, with me, and for me. It is however impossible for anything to keep me from returning to god, because i am unable to die...the only question is ...how long lord...how long.

Heneni

Miss Independent

This what you have explained here....is what i call...crucifying the flesh. Yes i know..christian lingo is strange.

.lava

Veteran Member
Part of the Christian Jesus mythology is that God sent his son to die to cleanse the people of the world of their sins.

It makes no sense to me, either.

oh i misunderstood completely. i thought she said Abraham (PBUH) sacrificed his son for his love for world. i think i should not discuss "God has no son, Jesus (PBUH) increased to heavens -not killed" subject here.

Darkwater

No excuse for infanticide or sending someone to be murdered.

Foreby who told you it,why repeat & encourage this stuff?that is the most disturbing.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Sorry to be the fly in the ointment..just wondering ...do you think satan loves himself, and therefore is able to love others?

Id say satan does love himself. There must be something more to the ...loving yourself concept.:)

Firstly, I don't believe a being like a biblical satan exists to begin with.
But having said that, did he exist, I couldn't say whether he loved himself or not.