• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Jesus return?

MY COMMENTS: Indeed, I believe Jesus will return to the earth as Messiah, to restore the kingdom to Israel, based on the Word of God.

As to when, that is in the hands of God the Father, even as Jesus told his disciples on the day he ascended into heaven from the Mount of Olives:

"Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel? He replied, 'It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority." Acts 1:6-7, NRSV.

Christ will return to the earth according to the will of God the Father. All power will be his to accomplish this.

As to impatience in waiting: as believers today, we, both Jews and Gentiles, are one new man in the body of Christ.
Even as the apostle Paul believed, we are exhorted to live as if the church/body could be 'raptured' to the heavens today. So, keep looking up.

Very well Bill. Jesus indeed did not had all the answers, that is such a wonderful point you raised there. It sometimes feels as if God is replaced and it's everything Jesus.

OmarKhayyam

Maybe, to a great extent that is true, but does it proves earth's existence or the creation of man and the universe? like the Big Bang?

Not yet. But it doesn't make up childish fairy tales about an invisible friend to explain what it does not know. :p

Science simply says, 'We don't know - yet. But we're working on it.';)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I know for a fact that Jesus will return, because i believe in the scriptures.

Do you realize how sheer, bat-shirt insane this statement is? It's completely backward. Can you stop and think at all?

If I am Muslim, and believe that Muhammed is the Prophet, do I therefore know that you, HouseofIsrael, are condemned to burn in Hell?

logician

Take 666 * the prime number 3 representing the trinity = 1998.

Whoops, I think we missed it.

I'm not sure what this post means.

Some religious advocates place the 666 in relation to the mark of the beast or Antichrist revelation talks about Rev. 13:18 William Blake was one of those persons. Personally, i'm not sure how it relates to the year 1998.

Last edited:

cottage

I know for a fact that Jesus will return, because i believe in the scriptures. What i don't know is why his return is taking this long... can it be suggested he cannot return on his own will power but until all things be fulfilled by the greater power as written? ([FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Times Roman]Acts 3:20-21[/FONT]). "My understanding here is that Jesus came and completed his mission on earth that he was sent to do and will return someday, but his return would not come until the Almighty God himself restores all things."

How do you 'know for a fact' that Jesus will return?

logician

Some religious advocates place the 666 in relation to the mark of the beast or Antichrist revelation talks about Rev. 13:18 William Blake was one of those persons. Personally, i'm not sure how it relates to the year 1998.

It doesn't, I made all this up.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Matthew 24:29-34​
The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. . . . They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. . . . I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

16:27-28​
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Oops . . . maybe they should have revised the book 'again'?

How do you 'know for a fact' that Jesus will return?

Revelation. Care to debate that -just let it be. I have been caution several times to don't use the word know, well fine, i don't know he will i believe he will. The fact that i am saying this is to let you understand that Jesus return is not what i look forward to at all -I look forward to the coming of the Almighty God. The ONE Jesus taught his disciples would be responsible for restoring all things.

Matthew 24:29-34​
The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. . . . They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. . . . I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Oops . . . maybe they should have revised the book 'again'?

Do you understand those parables?