• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are we now in biblical prophecy?

Etritonakin

Dan 11:14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

(I'll explain more later, but the king of the south at present is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's Iran. The king of the north in the book of Daniel is presently what is becoming of the EU -the robbers of Daniel's people are the military industrial complex of primarily the US -and those associated with them -Britain, etc... to some extent. Israel somewhat, but we are actually prophesied to continue to leave Israel to themselves. Israel is comprised of mainly the house of Judah -the US and Britain are the birthrights given to Manasseh and Ephraim, respectively, and are part of the modern house of Israel [often called the "lost ten tribes"]Isa 9:21 Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still. )

Zec 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

(not all of this has come to pass, but Jerusalem is already central to many of the issues the world now faces. Israel/Jerusalem will soon be attacked by its neighbors and trodden down for 3 1/2 years...
Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
after which the king of the north -the Assyrian [Germany over the EU -more later on why Germany is the Assyrian when ancient Assyria was located around modern Iraq] will set up the abomination of desolation -or the destruction of Jerusalem -essentially attempting to solve the mid-east peace problem by destroying it altogether.
Isa 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
Isa 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.
Isa 10:24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
Dan 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
The daily does not require the temple to be rebuilt before it is taken away -it is not the destruction of the temple -the word "sacrifice" is added -the taking away of the daily and the abomination of desolation are separate events 1,290 days apart.
Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. )

more later...

Last edited:

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
For a God that’s supposed to be in charge of the entire universe, the God of the Bible sure seems overly concerned with one particular people in one particular place.

Etritonakin

Initially, yes. Israel was to be an example for others -but often failed. They were chosen for a reason, but God is not playing favorites. All have the opportunity to live forever -and Gentiles may be greater in the kingdom of God then Israelites if they have done better now. To be great in the kingdom of God, however -is not the same as greatness now -it is to make one's self a servant to others. All have the opportunity to become immortal and create forever throughout the universe -though God is setting up a government now by those he calls from Adam until the return of Christ -called the firstfruits -which will have been both Israelite and Gentile in this lifetime. Jerusalem will essentially be the seat of government for the entire universe!

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature* waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

*[CREATION]

Last edited:

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Which group of people in the old testament prophecies represents the Aztecs and which ones the Spanish conquistadors?

Levite

Higher and Higher
Daniel was an Israelite Jew, who had visions-- perhaps prophecies, although if he was a prophet, he was a minor one-- about the politics and social issues of his times, as Babylon fell to Persia, and the times soon to come, as Persia would fall in turn to the Alexandrian Greeks. He lived when the age of prophecy was coming to its end, and with the exception of the messianic promise having to do with the end times and the re-emergence of the House of David, mainstream Judaism has generally shunned the idea that Biblical prophecies apply to the present day.

Personally, I have never found much interest or spiritual motivation to attempt to apply the social and political thinking of Jews who lived twenty-five hundred years ago to the situations of the modern world. Too much has changed. And IMO, trying to find the "handwriting" of the finger of God intruding into the world is too much like grasping a fistful of sand: when it looks like one really has something, it all runs out between your fingers, and one ends up holding nothing.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Could you expound a bit Dunemeister?

With all due respect, could you? Because in all seriousness and honesty, I have a clearer understanding of Dunemeister's post than I do of yours.

Perhaps I am just an idiot. That certainly is true lots of times. But the fact of the matter is that Dunemeister's statement of "Ah, geez", clearly conveys a sentiment of exasperation.

However, in the first original sentence of the OP there are three claims made for which no clear validation or reasoning is put forth. These claims are then followed by Biblical passages which I personally find to be enigmatically cryptic. Honestly, these passages could be interpreted in thousands of ways.

I honestly mean no offense. And I personally love to debate and discuss religious beliefs, questions about ultimate truth. But when you make statements without providing reasoning, it is exasperating to others who might disagree. Do you not see that? And to claim there will be "more to come", that your reasoning will be supplied later seems, at least to me, to be merely a way of effectively dodging reasonable and rational proof in the immediate present.

Why do you believe Iran's president is the King of the South?
Why do you believe the EU is the King of the North?
What reasoning leads you to believe the robbers of Daniel's people are the military industrial complex?

But even more importantly, since this is the general religious debates, it seems to me you need to first address the issue of relevance. In other words, this is not a directory where everyone herein believes the Bible or it's prophesies are relevant. What reasonable proof do you have that the Bible is to be trusted? What proof do you have that the content of the Bible is not just a bunch of cryptic poetry that is convoluted and ultimately meaningless?

Anybody can post excerpts from Books and then make claims about their meaning, and then follow those claims with implications or even demands that the work should be viewed as a profound commentary on our present world. But many of us become exasperated with such conduct--we see it as nonsense--unless you can provide some rational exposition of how you arrived at your conclusions.

Again, I honestly mean no offense. I just wanted you to see that to some outside observers, at least to me specifically, Dunemeister's post was clearer and made more sense than your own.

Smoke

Done here.
(I'll explain more later, but the king of the south at present is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's Iran. The king of the north in the book of Daniel is presently what is becoming of the EU -the robbers of Daniel's people are the military industrial complex of primarily the US -and those associated with them -Britain, etc... to some extent. Israel somewhat, but we are actually prophesied to continue to leave Israel to themselves. Israel is comprised of mainly the house of Judah -the US and Britain are the birthrights given to Manasseh and Ephraim, respectively, and are part of the modern house of Israel [often called the "lost ten tribes"]Isa 9:21 Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still. )
That's all wrong. For the King of the North, you have to look north of Israel: Vladimir Putin's Russia. For the King of the South, you have to look south of Israel: Kenya, home of Barack Obama. Obama is the King of the South. The US and Britain aren't Manasseh and Ephraim; that doesn't even make sense. Think about it: Manasseh and Ephraim are brothers, but the US is the "child" of Britain, not the brother. Manasseh and Ephraim are England and Scotland.

Or maybe this kind of wild speculation is just a little nuts.

Etritonakin

That's all wrong. For the King of the North, you have to look north of Israel: Vladimir Putin's Russia. For the King of the South, you have to look south of Israel: Kenya, home of Barack Obama. Obama is the King of the South. The US and Britain aren't Manasseh and Ephraim; that doesn't even make sense. Think about it: Manasseh and Ephraim are brothers, but the US is the "child" of Britain, not the brother. Manasseh and Ephraim are England and Scotland.

Or maybe this kind of wild speculation is just a little nuts.

I am not wildly speculating. I have done much research on the biblical side of things -and have experienced much of what I write about in the "real world" -more on that later.

As for relevance, proof and exasperation.... I understand the exasperation. There are about as many theories as to the meaning of prophecies as there are verses in the bible -why is what I am saying any different -or more accurate? The answer is that it either is or isn't accurate. It happens or it doesn't. If what is written is understood accurately beforehand and then takes place, it is proof of something -it is very relevant. In the bible, God claims to have declared the end from the beginning -from old the things which have not yet been. It will mean little before the fact, especially to those who are not interested in studying the subject thoroughly and with a truly open mind -and knowing what will be will not change what will be -unless men change their ways -which is unlikely. However, the more people are told exactly what will happen, and then see it happen, the more they might know that God is very relevant -and it will help many as these things take place.

(I'm attempting to answer everyone here)

Actually, there is nothing significant north of Russia, so it would be difficult for Putin to have any tidings whatsoever from his north -except maybe from polar bears.... as in..... (referring back to the king of the north in verse 40)

Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

You are correct to say that north and south are referenced from Jerusalem, but all things need to be considered. Russia and China, et al -collectively called the "kings of the east" in one verse (Rev 16:12) -are those the Assyrian will go forth to destroy (unsuccessfully, though many will die [Ezekiel 39]). The communists will have nearly completely destroyed the forces of the king of the north by the time they are all gathered in the valley of Megiddo. The king of the north will have defeated and passed over the king of the south on his way to Jerusalem....

Dan 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
Dan 11:41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown:

Daniel did prophesy somewhat about things in his time, but primarily things yet future -as plainly stated....

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Dan 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

etc., etc.

I do not know of any old testament prophecies which refer to Aztecs or Conquistadors.

I did make quite a few statements without much to back them up, and stated so in the post. I will explain them fully as I have the time.

It is easier to identify the house of Judah today than it is the house of Israel. Many equate the "Jews" to Israel, but those we identify as Jews today are mostly of the house of Judah -comprised of only two whole Israelite tribes, and some Levites. The modern nation of Israel is mostly Judah, but the house of Israel -the other of the twelve tribes, is mostly separate from Judah. When the whole of Israel split into the two warring houses, the house of Judah retained their identity for the most part -but the house of Israel did not. It was prophesied that the house of Israel would be sifted among the gentile nations, and that they would lose their language...

Amo 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth....

Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Ephraim and Manasseh were indeed brothers, but it is incorrect to say that the US is the "child" of Britain -but rather that Ephraim (Britain) was before Manasseh (the US) as prophesied -and even greater in its time (when the sun never set on the British [brith ish] empire).... as it says...

Gen 48:17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.
Gen 48:18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
Gen 48:19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.
Gen 48:20 And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.

Though Dan essentially lost their "tribehood", so to speak (notice they are not mentioned in Revelation), Dan was prophesied to be "as a serpent's trail" or "as a snake on the road" -they had a custom of naming places after the name Dan -and became the Danes -of Danmark -though they are also found in other places. This name -and variations thereof -marked their journey from around Jerusalem -from the Danube delta and river all the way to Denmark and beyond.
The other tribes also travelled northwest -as outlined in the form of riddle and parable in Ezekiel 17. The two great eagles are the US and Britain -respectively -the highest branch of the cedar is the Assyrian as stated in Ezekiel 31. Both moved northwest. The Assyrian(s) moved from Nineveh to Haran to Germany. The house of Israel -specifically Ephraim and Manasseh -moved parallel to them.

The king of the north and king of the south in the book of Daniel do not simply refer to two people. There have been many kings of the south and north, but we are now in the days of the last kings of the north and south.
They are essentially -historically -those Muslims and so-called "Christian" nations which have been fighting all along -though the things written in the book of Daniel begin before the "crusades" -and continue to what is yet future.

more later ....

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Where are we now in Biblical prophecy?

At the time of the 'stone' of Daniel 2vs34,35,45.
The stone, or God's kingdom [2v44], is now in the hands of Christ Jesus as the acting king poised to take action.

We are now at the bottom of the huge image [2v42] when that image, which represents a rise and fall of world powers, is now at its toes [or should I say toenails] or the weakest point ready to topple over when the kingdom 'stone' hits the political feet.

If you read the book of Acts you will know that the end times began at that time. You must also remember that the Bible tells us that anyone not obeying the gospel is an anti-christ. It is much over nothing to try and figure out when/why/how the earth will end because Jesus will come as a thief in the night.
I personally always imagine someone in heaven pleading for us. Begging to save the believers and the ones that are doing their best to walk in the light.

Etritonakin

Yet we are told to watch and pray....

Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

He gave us all those things to watch for -and for good reason.

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

Where are we now in Biblical prophecy?

At the time of the 'stone' of Daniel 2vs34,35,45.
The stone, or God's kingdom [2v44], is now in the hands of Christ Jesus as the acting king poised to take action.

We are now at the bottom of the huge image [2v42] when that image, which represents a rise and fall of world powers, is now at its toes [or should I say toenails] or the weakest point ready to topple over when the kingdom 'stone' hits the political feet.

The head of gold of that statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream was Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon -as stated in Daniel.

The feet and toes of iron and clay also refers to a specific kingdom. It is also called the beast that rises from abyss in Revelation.

It will be the Assyrian over the Chaldeans -a resurgent Nazi Germany leading the EU -which will soon be ruled by one man who will reign for 3 1/2 years.

You can read about their current rise here....

EU Army

excerpts from the above link.....

THE idea of a pan-European economic and political union with its own defence force was conceived by SS officers according to documents released today to the Public Record Office in Kew. Maj Gen Ellersiek and Brig Mueller, Hitler's chief of staff during the Battle of the Bulge, came up with the idea as a means of keeping Nazism alive following the expected Allied victory in the Second World War. By March 1946, Ellersiek was in charge of an underground political party called Organisation Suddeutschland. It believed in the establishment of a fully-armed United Europe, Ellersiek told a British intelligence official masquerading as a Foreign Office representative. "What was important was that Britain should realise that if Europe was to survive, we should all think 'as Europeans'," the ex-SS man was quoted as saying. The party's manifesto called for "a pan-Europe as a balance between Russia and the USA". Although the European nations would remain "independent", finance and defence matters would be decided centrally. "The good which was in Nazism still lives in the German heart," Ellersiek said. His party offered "a new revolution for Germany which will set the pattern for Europe". This revolution is to be the work of the new elite, the German prototype of the future rulers of Europe . . . which has emerged purified from Nazism and the trials of war." (Daily Telegraph 15/2/01)

The EU claims it is a power for peace. But it started the Balkan war by recognising Croatia. It did this to please the Germans. John Major changed his opposition because the Germans agreed to our 'euro' opt-out at Maastricht as a quid-pro-quo. (Sixth Congress For Democracy 13/7/01)

The German military high command wants to create a fully fledged European army that would report to a European Union government and be financed by the European Parliament, documents obtained by the Tories show. They claimed last night that a memorandum written by senior Germany army officials on the future of European defence proved that Tony Blair was deceiving the British people by claiming there were no plans to create a unified EU military force. The document reflects a common view at the highest levels of the Germany military that the only way to achieve efficient and effective defence in Europe , where spending on the military is far lower than in America , is the full pooling of national resources. (Daily Telegraph 24 Oct 2003).A Suggestion by the German defence ministry that Britain hands control of its nuclear weapons to Europe . " The idea comes in a disturbing document from the German defence ministry setting out its aspirations for a future Euro Army. It talks of Germany 's 'visionary goal' for a comprehensive land, sea and air force financed by the European Parliament and built on the proposed EU constitution. " " The document says: 'Another difficult and delicate area will have to be addressed. That is the transfer of national nuclear weapon capabilities of certain EU countries' ". " Germany is currently banned from possessing nuclear weapons". (Daily Mail 24th October 2004 )

Even if you don't believe this has anything to do with prophecy -this is not a good situation!

Last edited:

Etritonakin

Actually, though the beast is "anti-christ", the term does not specifically refer just to him -though "that Wicked" does in....
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Etritonakin

I told you....
Told who what?

---------------------------------
(unrelated to above)
Many are now standing against Iran. Our military industrial complex, et al, have exalted themselves against Iran -and aren't doing well -we are essentially fighting them/those associated with them in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran and those not "officially" associated with them have already begun to push at the EU violently. Jerusalem is central to all of it. Israel would be the primary target for Iran's nukes -not to mention America.

Whether you believe Daniel 11:14 describes this situation or not -it's happenening, and it is quickly reaching the point of crisis. Israel would rather we had attacked Iran long ago -we told them no in favor of our own plan (if you can call it that).

Last edited:

luvuyesua

Etritonakin: excuse my question so out of context of the conversation here, but it is a prophecy I read and cant find it, maybe you know. their is a place that speaks of the days shortening, do you recall, if you dont, just ignore the question, I see you are in a debate.

may your understanding be blessed

luvuyesua

Heathen, jajajajajaj your being funny, the anti christ is to be someone who will become world authority, suppose to be a genious that brings world solutions. you dont sound like that jajajjaaj
your funny