• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are we now in biblical prophecy?

luvuyesua

Heathen, I didnt catch that. but I am glad it made you laugh, you are a brat jajajajaj. by the way Heathen, do you believe in prophecies, or does it have to hit you in your helmet jajajajajaj?

logician

True prophets cannot exist in a random/chaotic multiverse, as the set of possible outcomes even a short distance into the future approaches an infinite set.

Etritonakin, where do you learn this stuff? Where do any of you learn it?

I personally think we are close to the end of times but how close i do not know, unless we are already in it.

I can't wait for the end but i want to learn more about it.

Etritonakin

luvuyesa:
You may be referring to Matthew 24:21-22 and mark 13:19-20, which essentially say the same thing. Christ is directly quoted as saying...
"Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."
This time of trouble is what many refer to as "the great tribulation" -when man would destroy all life on earth if Christ did not return to stop it.

Smoke: "Then suppose you back up and give credible reasons for your outlandish claims"
Definitely a fair request.

I'll start with why our military industrial complex, et al, are the robbers of our people -and have already begun to explain why we are Daniel's people (it is easier for me to understand than many, as I am an Israelite living in America -though few understand they are Israelites [many English, Irish, Danes, Aussies, etc..] ) ...

When thinking of our "military industrial complex", we may envision heroic soldiers, sincere government officials and employees, a patriotic intelligence community, businessmen and craftsmen all working together in a commendable manner to keep us safe -and this is definitely a part of what's happening.
However, this is only part of the story -the "yin", if you will. The "yang" is a very dark community which gets things done which aren't officially acceptable and must not be able to be traced back to the "yin". It has been likened to the keel on a sail boat. This community includes/is associated with what many would call the "underworld" -not merely organized crime, but many who are involved in things which are not usually openly discussed. On the government side their are things such as the now-famous MKULTRA and other dark programs (which are not a thing of the past) -on the civlian side are many schemes to control and bilk the general public -from manipulation of media, control through fear, take-overs of religious and other groups to gain income, etc., etc.... Those who have been "associated" with such things are described as being "inside". I describe it as a "wave of fear" -when one begins to become aware of what actually takes place, they are essentially surrounded and made to fear until they obey and keep quiet -thereby the border seems to remain manageable.
Unfortunately, our enemies have gained much control through these communities.
We use all of these things to gain and maintain control -even abroad, but powerful enemies have used the civilian side to gain leverage against the "official" military industrial complex. Our ways have become dirt which can be used against us -and the dirty men and women who truly wield the power, when they are not utterly deceived or goaded into doing stupid things like going to Iraq, are compromised, threatened, and used to weaken the nation from within (not to mention every man, woman and child wo has been "associated" and obey in fear).

Biblically, this present situation is described thusly...
Speaking of "the beast" -the last king of the north -who is now active, but has not ye begun to reign...
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand;

...and of the Assyrian -here modern Germany ("him" being the U.S.[the first great eagle])
Eze 17:5 He took also of the seed of the land, and planted it in a fruitful field; he placed it by great waters, and set it as a willow tree.
Eze 17:6 And it grew, and became a spreading vine of low stature, whose branches turned toward him, and the roots thereof were under him:

Most notably, they have essentially robbed the U.S. itself from the people. They decided our course regardless of our will, lied to us in order to manipulate our will and gain support for their idiotic plan, bilk us in all sorts of ways to support their efforts, etc., etc.... and, as I have personally witnessed and experienced, do us every sort of harm when we get in the way or oppose them. They are now aware of how they have been comromised, but still resort to the same ways while attempting to cover their butts and shake the enemy's influence.

Lauren MacDonald:
The best thing to do is to read the bible and pray -sincerely ask that God helps you to understand and direct your path. The end is not a good thing, but what happens afterward will be.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

True prophets cannot exist in a random/chaotic multiverse, as the set of possible outcomes even a short distance into the future approaches an infinite set.

True -but God has power over the entire creation -he has declared the end from the beginning, and brings it to pass.

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

luvuyesua

We're about the same amount through biblical prophecy as we are through Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

is your intention with this remark to make people laugh, not take you seriously, ignore you, or to express your feelings toward the bible according to your studies? do you realize how unbalanced that comparison is the bible forever talked about, studied, etc. and the others well you figure it out, But I prefer to think you are young and un experienced, or just playing.

wally777

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. - Matthew 24:36

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
is your intention with this remark to make people laugh, not take you seriously, ignore you, or to express your feelings toward the bible according to your studies? do you realize how unbalanced that comparison is the bible forever talked about, studied, etc. and the others well you figure it out, But I prefer to think you are young and un experienced, or just playing.

Prefer what you want - humor that works is humor that rings true.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. - Matthew 24:36

Good point that not even Jesus knows the day or hour just his Father.

However, back to verses 32,33 Jesus did tell us when it would be the right 'season' by his use of the illustration of 'spring' that we know 'summer' is near or summer is soon to follow after spring is over.

2nd Timothy [3 vs1-5,13] describes a selfish, distorted form of love that would be prevalent during the last days of badness on earth [spring] before Jesus takes action. The final end result of peoples bad behavior and actions are described there in contrast to the Christ-like love defined at 1st Cor 13vs4-6.

How can you tell if a woman is pregnant? You don't see the baby but see the sign of just how close she is to giving birth. Jesus too gave a 'sign' starting at Matt 24v3. It is a composite sign with many features and events that would be happening on a global scale. Along with all the bad things, Jesus also said there would be a world-wide preaching about good news that would be done at verse 14.

In a nut shell, four things show us the end times of badness on earth will be happening soon:
World events as now seen on a global scale.
Attitudes and actions of people in general
Political circumstances
Conduct and activity of God's people in contrast with the world.

So, as 1st Thess [5 vs2,3] says Jesus comes by surprise when they [powers that be] are saying 'peace and security', then the sudden destruction of badness on earth will come just as labor pangs upon a pregnant women.
-Isaiah 11v4; Rev 19vs11,14,15.

So although none of us know the exact time, we do know that the time frame is right for divine intervention for Jesus to take action and usher in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.

luvuyesua

uravip2me
I like your post.
the word of God also assures that he knows where we are, and to not panic. (i am not quoting)
and I desire that unto everyone. in my personal work, meating people, I have seen a secretive fear arrise, and the ones that see now, and never cared before, they have come for knowledge with the hearts in the position for enlightenment, many who have told me before, that they have read the bible, now see the difference between reading it with a closed arrogant heart and coming as children. the bible explains that it was not written to be understood by just any heart, I am sure you know what I mean.

be blessed

Etritonakin

How can you tell if a woman is pregnant? You don't see the baby but see the sign of just how close she is to giving birth. Jesus too gave a 'sign' starting at Matt 24v3. It is a composite sign with many features and events that would be happening on a global scale. Along with all the bad things, Jesus also said there would be a world-wide preaching about good news that would be done at verse 14.

Great post, but it is extremely important to realize that only a very few are actually preaching the good news/gospel OF THE KINGDOM -though they do so throughout all nations as a witness -and that Christ also said that many false things would also be widely preached.

Everyone who preaches sincerely (and there are many insincere) believes they preach the true gospel, but they actually preach many different things.
Mat 24:5 not only means that some would falsely claim to be Christ, but that some who preach about Christ would deceive many. This is not to say that they are insincere, but that they preach what they were taught, rather than what is actually stated in the bible concerning THE KINGDOM -and what God expects of those who expect to be a part of his kingdom.

Many preach a gospel of heaven and hell -a false sabbath and holidays which are not biblical.

This is not the gospel of THE KINGDOM.

The gospel of the kingdom has to do with the fact that we do not go to heaven when we die, though our spirit returns to God -to be resurrected at the last trump. Then, those who were dead in Christ will be raised first, then the living in Christ -and they will THEN be made immortal -AND REIGN WITH CHRIST ON EARTH. THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH! (initially)

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

It also has to do with the fact that God expects us to keep HIS commandments -and not the commandments of men.

This -as part of having no other gods before him -includes HIS sabbath and holy days -as given in the bible -not a false sabbath and false holy days given by men.

Part of the biblical proof that HIS holy days are still valid and important to God is the fact that the WHOLE EARTH will keep the FEAST OF TABERNACLES after Christ returns.... (not to mention the biblical examples of Christ, the apostles and early church -even gentiles -keeping the sabbath and holy days OF GOD) ...

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Last edited:

Beaudreaux

We are definitely in the end times. I know this because we have been in the end times for about 1500 years now and since nothing has ended yet, we must STILL be in the end times.