• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are we now in biblical prophecy?

newhope101

I reckon one day some catastophe is bound to occur. Whether it's us ruining the planet, a meteor, superplague or the burn out of our sun. Whether or not it is distinguishable as an act of God or nature is another thing.

I hope it is an age of enlightenment, scientific or spiritual.

The bible and some other beliefs speak of a dark time before armageddon or some sort of doom. There has always been poverty, war and cruelty. Maybe the dark times different faiths speak of are times of spiritual poverty and spiritual death. A time where the existence of God will generally be denied.

I don't think there is any reason to believe we are in any special time. The only thing that stands out as different is man now has the technology and ability to ruin the planet. If it's as serious as some scientists claim we and the generations to come may see a self made armageddon. I doubt that only the good will be saved. ...so I hope God is about if that happens...it would be a good time for a miracle.

Blackdog22

Telling you that you have no idea what youre talking about -much less what I'm talking about -and that you are simply being annoying -are not insults -it's an honest expression of what's happening. If you had a valid point which wasn't on some vague tangent not related to the topic, then I would certainly acknowledge it.

Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease feel free to not respond to me!!!!!!!!!!!

I will no longer be responding to you. Kudos on your self-control.

You don't understand the point of my post if you feel it is unrelated. Your arguing from a perspective that Biblical prophesy is true. I am coming from an angle that if the Bible can be shown to be false then why should you/us follow the prophesy.

In debates you can expect people to come at you from different angles. It wont always go exactly as you wanted it too.

Of course you are free not to respond, but discussions arise from discussions. Also calling someone out on self control and then ending something with
"PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Is rather hypocritical don't you think? :beach:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I thought we were always on the brink of destruction. Should I get a sign that says "The end is neigh". I think calling "wolf" does not help when real trouble arrives.
BTW all those southern kings and lands are all well NORTH of Australia. Guess we don't count. Unless it relates to King Billy and Queen Truganini the last two full blood aborigines of Tasmania.
Cheers

Well, at least we are in what 2nd Tim [3vs1-5,13] calls the 'last days' of badness on earth before there is divine intervention into mankind's affairs.

There is a difference between calling 'wolf' and being alert or spiritually awake.

The truth of Revelation [17v11] is that we are nearing the time of the eighth [8th] king.

The kings of the North and South played various roles throughout Bible history.
The huge political statue of Daniel chapter two is made of metals representing world powers. Each metal part goes down in value getting weaker and weaker until it reaches the feet. Feet made of iron and clay. Part strong, part fragile. We are at the time of the political toes nearing the time of the 8th king of Revelation taking action.

This 8th king started out as the League of Nations of Rev 17v8.
With backing now the United Nations can be strengthened to turn on the world's religious sector that has run afoul playing false to God and his Word.
Once that happens, there will be the action by Jesus as described at Isaiah [11v4; Rev 19vs11,14,15] that the words from Jesus mouth will be as sharp as an executioner's sword to rid the earth of all wickedness [Psalm 92v7] before Jesus ushers in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I reckon one day some catastophe is bound to occur. Whether it's us ruining the planet, a meteor, superplague or the burn out of our sun. Whether or not it is distinguishable as an act of God or nature is another thing.
I hope it is an age of enlightenment, scientific or spiritual.
The bible and some other beliefs speak of a dark time before armageddon or some sort of doom. There has always been poverty, war and cruelty. Maybe the dark times different faiths speak of are times of spiritual poverty and spiritual death. A time where the existence of God will generally be denied.
I don't think there is any reason to believe we are in any special time. The only thing that stands out as different is man now has the technology and ability to ruin the planet. If it's as serious as some scientists claim we and the generations to come may see a self made armageddon. I doubt that only the good will be saved. ...so I hope God is about if that happens...it would be a good time for a miracle.

Armageddon will be a miracle. A tremendous miracle to come.
Not nuclear, not hit by an asteroid, not TV-type alien invasion or superplague.
Since the earth abides forever [Ecc.1v4b] Armageddon is God's war that will end all wars forever. [Psalm 46v9; Isaiah 2v4; Micah 4vs3,4].
All supporters of evil or wickedness will be annihilated or destroyed at that time. Those ruining the earth will be brought to ruin according to Rev 11v18 B; Psalm 92v7; 37vs11,29,38;Proverbs 2vs21,22.

Your hope will be granted. Jesus millennial reign over earth will bring enlightenment both scientific and spiritual.

The last days of badness on earth are described as a dark spiritual time for the world in general when peoples actions and behaviors will be a selfish, distorted form of love in sharp contrast to Christ-like love.
[compare: 2nd Tim 3vs1-5,13; 1st Cor 13vs4-6]

Science has its doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock with its hands set close to striking the dark midnight hour which sounds like it's nearing a self-made Armageddon, but in contrast is the Bible's good news of God kingdom, or royal government, in the hands of Christ Jesus as King who will usher in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.

If you'd like to know what world conditions will be like after Armageddon they are described in the happy climax of Revelation at 21vs4,5 even death will be no more. God through Jesus makes all things new.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Well, at least we are in what 2nd Tim [3vs1-5,13] calls the 'last days' of badness on earth before there is divine intervention into mankind's affairs.

Perhaps, we are already there, I can see the ony difference between before and after this theoretical event is that the viel is lifted from TRUTH. As recently demonstrated by Julian Assange (Wikileaks) like that other Aussie, Rupert Murdoch, have led to a new world where the political shadow shifting is trumped by freedom of speech removing the cloak and dagger revieling the TRUTH. What humans do with the truth has yet to be seen. The point is now the internet is far more powerful than any earth bound government. Truth is the basis for wise decisions.

Due to its complexity the intelligence of the internet may soon be come sentient and apparent, all the infrastructure is already there. So it may be a computer called jesus or mohomad. The neural network is growing more sophisticated exponentially, god may be a machine.

Cheers

Etritonakin

I thought we were always on the brink of destruction. Should I get a sign that says "The end is neigh". I think calling "wolf" does not help when real trouble arrives.

BTW all those southern kings and lands are all well NORTH of Australia. Guess we don't count. Unless it relates to King Billy and Queen Truganini the last two full blood aborigines of Tasmania.

Cheers

You very much do count. Not only are you part of the "coalition", but are also a modern nation of the house of Israel -also "brith" "ish" people. The bible identifies the kings of the south as Persian.

I'm not calling wolf -and real trouble is already here. There is a coordinated effort against "the west" -and while we're chasing pawns, the real masterminds -the resurgent Nazis -are quite busy -this is not prophecy, it is fact (though it is IN prophecy). It is easier for me to believe it than some -having seen firsthand what is happening. It seems ridiculous -a plot right out of "the sum of all fears", but that's pretty much what's happening. To cry wolf when there is no wolf is not good, but I've been face to face with the wolf, seen how it is devouring people, and know how to be rid of it.

Even if they don't believe prophecy -or what they believe to be "my" interpretation therof, Australia should definitely be thinking about how a weakened or defeated America might affect them -because that's the plan in the minds of many in the world -and not only an increasing percentage of about a billion Muslims. Britain is already on the fence between its allies and the E.U. -which is led by those who started both world wars -who now have access to a military, nuclear weapons, an independednt GPS-type system, an intelligence arm, a strategic position in the middle of the world and the combined monetary strength and resources -including human -of all member states -AND THE WHOLE THING WAS THE BRAINCHILD OF SS OFFICERS.

THAT IS A BIG WOLF.

Even if you don't believe it is related to prophecy, consider this scenario....

What if all that we are dealing with is "connected". What if 9-11 -which happened even as many here were speaking out against the somewhat recent decision to allow Germany to control and own U.S. businesses -was facilitated by "other" parties -and designed to awaken the sleeping giant -draw our forces across the globe -divide them and our people by focusing Iraq -which would most likely require some with the ears of our government to sell the idea -even cultivating the necessary environment within our government long beforehand. What if what happened in Iraq was the plan all along -to hasten our entry into Baghdad -and into a door-to-door war. Then Afghanistan -chasing terrorists from one side to the other -wearying us -then into Pakistan to complicate matters further. Now... what if that which enables us to support our troops has also been targeted all along. What if they studied it for 50+ years -infiltrated it -compromised many within it -to be used as leverage later. What if they also have the ears of those within our military industrial complex -or their cooperation under threat if necessary. WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY FALL??????
What if they are unable to keep the troops supplied???

If you think this is a ridiculous scenario, you are naive!

Superpowers fall -and are sometimes made to fall. We did it to Russia, and we'd be fools to think it can't happen to us -or that it's not in the minds of some.

Dan 11:14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

This verse has a specific purpose.

Last edited:

Wotan

Is there something in the water in Texas that causes this kind of silliness?

Really, makes you wonder how much LSD it took to get this screwed up.

What a collection of meaningless verbiage! Religious insanity on display for all to see.

Beaudreaux

Etritonakin said:
I am saying that the sybols in the bible are also interpreted by the bible. For instance...

Eze 17:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:

Eze 31:3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.

So I am not interpreting myself, but merely reading the interpretation given.

What interpretation is given? A bird lands on an Assyrian tree? Is that supposed to mean something?

Beaudreaux

Etritonakin said:
No -it just proves that those educated by the world's standards have a theory.

Actually, God purposefully does not use the great men or minds of the world to do his work -nor does he reveal things to them...

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?......

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
I think we can all agree that Christianity seems very unwise and that your words seem foolish. How do you decide which unwise, foolish idea to hold onto? There are so many...

Etritonakin

Is there something in the water in Texas that causes this kind of silliness?

Really, makes you wonder how much LSD it took to get this screwed up.

What a collection of meaningless verbiage! Religious insanity on display for all to see.

...and the purpose of that verse is to make it seem far less silly.

I completely understand that it seems silly. I don't expect many -if any -to believe it before it happens. Americans, especially, seem to assume we are invincible. It is unthinkable to them that this sort of thing could happen. We've had troubles, and have always turned things around -but there is a reason they will worship the beast for his ability to make war. He will only reign for 3 1/2 years, yet.....
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

If you had seen what I have seen, you would not doubt the things I say about what is not yet future -and it is extremely frustrating that few believe what I say, because it will drastically affect their future, regardless of its relationship to prophecy.
It is also frustrating that those in the government, military and intelligence communities who do know do not warn people. I understand their reluctance to tip their hand, but it is not helping.

I'd be doubtful if I hadn't experienced certain things, but when this does take place -and it will -people will hopefully take this whole crazy bible thing more seriously -which could enable them to make better decisions. It would be better to make those decisions now -and keeping people ignorant keeps this from happening, not to mention doing little or nothing to thwart the enemy. Acknowledgment from officials would be far more believable than a forum post by some random Texan bible-thumper.

Blackdog22

Eritonakin said:
Actually, God purposefully does not use the great men or minds of the world to do his work -nor does he reveal things to them...

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?......

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

This was the claim that I refuted. You later moved the goalpost back when I proved you were wrong. The reason I am fighting this point is because it is a blatant lie and it proves you are insane. However you lower yourself to childish remarks when your claims are blatantly shown the be lies. Everything you said holds no weight because this proves you, nor the Bible, make any sense.

However if you retract your statement and admit fault then I can let this go. However if you wish to display it as fact then I will continue to point out how wrong you are.

Beaudreaux

Etritonakin said:
...and the purpose of that verse is to make it seem far less silly.

I completely understand that it seems silly. I don't expect many -if any -to believe it before it happens. Americans, especially, seem to assume we are invincible. It is unthinkable to them that this sort of thing could happen. We've had troubles, and have always turned things around -but there is a reason they will worship the beast for his ability to make war. He will only reign for 3 1/2 years, yet.....
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

This verse seems to be about a dragon and some other kind of beast. There is nothing in this text that supports what you claim. How do you get there?

Etritonakin

It's a very deep subject which you would have to research yourself to fully understand, but, generally...

In the bible, beasts are used to represent various kingdoms throughout history. For example...
Dan 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

...and the dragon is Satan...

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

In Revelation, "The beast" is a man -a ruler -but "the beast that rises from abyss" is the kindom he will rule. There is also a "second beast" -a false religion generally, and specifically "the false prophet" -one specific man who will be able to perform miraculous things, but will not be of God.

The beast and his kingdom in Revelation are also spoken of in Daniel 7 -and other chapters in Daniel explain in more detail....

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
Dan 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

etc...etc...

How this king of fierce countenance is the Assyrian and why America is his essentially first target I'll explain in more detail later, but, generally, the latter requires the understanding of the fact that many in America, etc... are of the "lost" tribes of the house of Israel -and, though they are no longer called by that name, the prophecies which refer to them refer to the places where they now dwell and have power. I've begun to explain it in previous posts, but not in great detail.

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Last edited:

Blackdog22

The beast and his kingdom in Revelation are also spoken of in Daniel 7 -and other chapters in Daniel explain in more detail....

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
I was with you on the Beasts being kings and the Dragon being Satan. Then it fell apart for me. The scripture talks of one beast. So one King? Then it says the Beast was, is not, but yet is. Any chance you can help me make sense out of something being, but not, but is?

Then it starts to say that suddenly there are 7 Kings. So the 4 kings that it claims in Daniel are the beasts, are what at this point? Then there is an 8th king that is part of the 7? So there are 8 Kings now? Except 5 died so there are 3 Kings? Then there are horns that make up 10 Kings? That aren't Kings, but somehow are? Then suddenly a 4th beast flies up and appears to be the worst King. Except that the whole reason were reffering to these beasts as Kings is because Daniel says that Beast is reference to 4 kings, and Revelation seems to completely change the meaning of how many Kings there are. So horns are kings and beasts are kings. Then now all of these Kings(horns) are on this Kings(Beast) head and then 3 fall off his head and die I guess. So theres 7 Kings on this Kings head, and one of the horns has eyes and a mouth so I guess all the other Kings are "blind" and "mute". Then this horn which is a king, but isn't, and exists, but not. Will wage war with Saints? What Saints?

Are there enough Countries in power to even account for the amount of Kings were talking about? How many countries that are notable even have Kings and Queens still?

I am sorry, but my head is hurting. This is all so vague anyone could turn it into anything. However if you can make sense out of what you just posted I would love to hear it.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The 8th king [Rev17v11] that is part of the 7 was at first the League of Nations of Rev17v8.

The 'saints' are the ones of Rev 5vs9,10 who rule with Jesus as kings and priests for a thousand years. -Rev 20v6. Kings to take care of governmental needs and priests to take care of spiritual needs of those who will be earthly subjects of God's heavenly rule.

Since the political kings or political world can not get at Jesus then they go after Jesus 'spiritual brothers' [saints] of Matthew 25v40 who are still alive on earth at the time of Jesus 'glory' or divine intervention into mankind's affairs. -Matt 25vs31,32.

The collective 'kings' of Rev [17v2] represent the political world. The religious 'queen' [Rev 18v7] represents the world's religious sector that has run afoul playing false to God and his Word. The 'merchants' represent the business or commercial world.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I was with you on the Beasts being kings and the Dragon being Satan. Then it fell apart for me. The scripture talks of one beast. So one King? Then it says the Beast was, is not, but yet is. Any chance you can help me make sense out of something being, but not, but is?

Then it starts to say that suddenly there are 7 Kings. So the 4 kings that it claims in Daniel are the beasts, are what at this point? Then there is an 8th king that is part of the 7? So there are 8 Kings now? Except 5 died so there are 3 Kings? Then there are horns that make up 10 Kings? That aren't Kings, but somehow are? Then suddenly a 4th beast flies up and appears to be the worst King. Except that the whole reason were reffering to these beasts as Kings is because Daniel says that Beast is reference to 4 kings, and Revelation seems to completely change the meaning of how many Kings there are. So horns are kings and beasts are kings. Then now all of these Kings(horns) are on this Kings(Beast) head and then 3 fall off his head and die I guess. So theres 7 Kings on this Kings head, and one of the horns has eyes and a mouth so I guess all the other Kings are "blind" and "mute". Then this horn which is a king, but isn't, and exists, but not. Will wage war with Saints? What Saints?

Are there enough Countries in power to even account for the amount of Kings were talking about? How many countries that are notable even have Kings and Queens still?

I am sorry, but my head is hurting. This is all so vague anyone could turn it into anything. However if you can make sense out of what you just posted I would love to hear it.

I agree. It does get confusing.

There are different beasts. The one who is a man is not a king and his number is 666 however he does appear to have authority that he gets from the dragon who is empowering the first beast.

That is easy. It existed at one time, then went out of existence, then was revived back into existence again.

Understand that the Beast followed by Mr 666 is a federation of nations (The Arab League) It is made up of ten heads of state (kings). The beasts of Daniel are kings and there kingdoms that occurred in history but the territory where those kingdoms ruled are largely the same territory as that of the Arab League with the exception of Rome which had a European portion and divided up between east and west (Byzintine portion in Turkey and Armenia).

Blackdog22

I agree. It does get confusing.

There are different beasts. The one who is a man is not a king and his number is 666 however he does appear to have authority that he gets from the dragon who is empowering the first beast.

That is easy. It existed at one time, then went out of existence, then was revived back into existence again.

Understand that the Beast followed by Mr 666 is a federation of nations (The Arab League) It is made up of ten heads of state (kings). The beasts of Daniel are kings and there kingdoms that occurred in history but the territory where those kingdoms ruled are largely the same territory as that of the Arab League with the exception of Rome which had a European portion and divided up between east and west (Byzintine portion in Turkey and Armenia).

I was under the impression that all the beasts were kings. At least that is what the scripture was saying, Can you point me to which scripture tells of a beast without it being a king? I am still not sure that we have enough kings that would exist all at once to account for the amount of kings being used here.

So when it says this beast is, but isn't, but is, It is saying there will be 4 kings that will be, then die, then come back. So basically I will be looking for 1 or 4 kings depending on what exactly this is talking about to die and come back to life.

Isn't a King the head of a country? Why would the meaning be lowered to heads of state? I mean in that case couldn't anyone in power at all be considered a beast? That is going to lead to a lot of people assuming a lot about anyone in power.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I was under the impression that all the beasts were kings. At least that is what the scripture was saying, Can you point me to which scripture tells of a beast without it being a king? I am still not sure that we have enough kings that would exist all at once to account for the amount of kings being used here.
So when it says this beast is, but isn't, but is, It is saying there will be 4 kings that will be, then die, then come back. So basically I will be looking for 1 or 4 kings depending on what exactly this is talking about to die and come back to life.
Isn't a King the head of a country? Why would the meaning be lowered to heads of state? I mean in that case couldn't anyone in power at all be considered a beast? That is going to lead to a lot of people assuming a lot about anyone in power.

Look at Rev 17vs10,11. There are 7 kings or world powers.
The beast that was [league of Nations] and is not is an 8th king out of the 7.
Verse 8 mentions the beast that was, and is not, and yet 'is'.
The 'is' part today 'is' or exists as the United Nations or 8th king.

Because all the 7 have one [united] mind, verse 13, and that is to give their collective power to the beast. With backing the UN can be strengthened to turn on the religious world that has run afoul playing false to God.
The world's political 'kings' [Rev17v2] will turn on the world's false religious 'queen' [Rev 18v7] or religious sector proving itself false to God and his Word.

Etritonakin

There are TEN kings which have yet to rule which will be of one mind (this does not refer to the seven) -and give their power and strength unto the beast...

This does not mean that "the beast" -Mr. 666, if you will - is not a king -but that these 10 receive power AS KINGS WITH HIM.

He will be the last ruler of "the beast ....that shall arise out of the bottomless pit" -which is the last of a succession of kingdoms which the aforementioned 7 kings rule.

The TEN kings which give their power and strength to the beast are represented in the feet and toes of iron and clay of Nebuchadnezzar's dream in the book of Daniel -which represent the last -world-ruling kingdom before Chrst rules on earth -AND WHICH CHRIST DESTROYS BY HIS RETURN.

Also in Daniel, we read of this beast -called therein the "king of the north" and a "king of fierce countenance" -notice he is BROUGHT TO AN END BY CHRIST...

Dan 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
Dan 11:41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, ....Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
Dan 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

He will have set up the abomination of desolation -which is the destruction of Jerusalem...

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains;....

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Whether or not one believes Mr. 666 is one man or not -one man is about to rule for 3 1/2 years -and cause a whole lotta trouble.